• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Organ Works?
The building resembles the front of a church with a double tower. No coincidence, I presume?
Very good BAT! And the diagonals are good for gridbusting, yeah!

vortext

Very cool industrial BAT! And at a far2 angle. . I may or may not have drooled just a little bit.  ()stsfd() :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Quote from: c.p. on April 01, 2014, 06:50:42 PM

So, I've been getting industrious lately.
Here's an IM industrial, Morgenkirk's Organ Works.

Ortho:

FAR-2:

Nice work on the industrial.

How much have you rotated the building for the far-2 ?

Simcoug

Great looking factory!  And angled versions are just icing on the cake.   :thumbsup:
(I also like the out-building, it makes a good companion  :) )

Jack_wilds

awesome fun stuff that makes for great anticipation to populate my own sim cities soon...   :thumbsup:

Girafe

Waouhh

I like the idea of diagonal and the BATs are well done  ;)

who thought that from leaves to bricks there is only one step  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mrbisonm

Reminds me of an old Rubber Gloves shop we have in our town. Great looking BATs, both textures. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

metarvo

This organ factory will be music to my ears for sure.  The ortho version alone is stunningly sharp, and the diagonal is... not at 45 degrees?  A FAR-2 building may be uncharted territory, as I'm not aware of any.  This is a big step in filling the void.  Nice work, C.p.!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: vester on April 02, 2014, 04:01:30 AM
How much have you rotated the building for the far-2 ?

I might not know for sure, but if C.p. has built it to match the NAM FAR-2, then it would be rotated approximately 26.6° (or the complementary 63.4°) off the grid.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

c.p.

Thanks bap, Frank, vortex, Arne, Simcoug, Jack_Wilds, Antoine, Fred, and metvaro :)

Frank: Not really a coincidence.  I had the idea for a factory with two towers before I knew what it was going to be.  Then I decided, based on the idea, that it should be an organ factory, mostly because of the two towers.  Then I came up with the idea to add the two rows of chimneys to the front part (thinking they would be vaguely reminiscient of organ pipes).  Then after I made it, "organ factory" still seemed to fit, so that's what it is. :)

Arne: it is rotated 27 degrees clockwise (the picture shows the west view).

metvaro: Thanks.  There was actually a FAR-2 building included in my last LEX upload (the St. Helena School). 

So, here are some BATS for another factory complex: Bovini and Hyde, makers of fine Italianate Leather™ Shoes.
Included are a couple of small warehouse buildings and a small apartment building for workers housing.

Brick Ortho:

Brick Diagonal:

Tile/Stucco:

I'm not sure if I'll use the worker's housing BATs on any of the industrial lots.  They have the same footprint as a couple of the small R$ apartment buildings shown earlier in this thread, so I may just include them with the R$ stuff.  Or I may try making a separate ploppable worker's compound lot.

Jack_wilds

wow... just brilliant... luv the color texture choices... and filling a need for all the sims [there are very few shoes stores in sim-land  ??? 

::) ... anyway, when it comes to it, luv to see in-game shots of the factories... 

:thumbsup:

vortext

Great variety and the worker houses are a nice addition! :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Aaron Graham

Wonderful work, I can't wait to see you finish. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

vester

Nice work again. Some massive buildings.   &apls

Love the extra buildings you have done. Going to make the lots more real.  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

I agree with vortext, the worker houses make a great addition.  Those would even be great in a few more texture varieties for use in the R$ set.   :thumbsup:

metarvo

Wow, the textures jump out and grab me.  Nice work!  :thumbsup:

Separate supplementary lots for the outbuildings will add modularity to our industrial complexes.  The apartment buildings make sense in residential zones, at least on paper, although using them next to the factories in that context will necessitate mixing in a few residential tiles in the industrial zones.  In addition, if the diagonals (or the orthogonals for that matter) are plops, residential won't be an option due to issues with plops.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

kelis

Your talent to create new bats with this style is amazing, this game would not be the same without your works  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

c.p.

Thanks Jack_Wilds, vortext, Aaron, Arne, Simcoug, metarvo, and kelis :)

Simcoug: I've made the extra variations already  ;D

metarvo: I was considering placing the residentials on the industrial lot, mainly as eye-candy.  A lot of the large mills built in the US between 1820 and 1870 included workers housing.  But, of course it would be better if the residential buildings actually had residents. &Thk/(
Also, it is possible to plop residential.  There is a fairly high chance that it will abandon, but sometimes it doesn't (at least this is true of low wealth).  And these models are made to abandon (and to look interesting abandoned.)  So I''m actually considering this as well. &mmm

Here is Spindler's Mill, a dirty industrial complex.  Many of the larger textile mills built in the U.S in the 1820's and 1830's appear to have had a design similar to the large mill building here:

Ortho version:

FAR-2 version.  The piece with the smokestack is modded as a power plant.  The the mill and warehouse are ploppable ID:

Ortho version, showing how it fits in with Jestarr's industrials, etc:

FAR-2 version showing how it fits into it's neghborhood:

Simcoug

Spectacular!  The old mill and factory models will go perfectly with the Historic Harbor project that is nearing completion (you can check out a quick overview HERE).  And the various diagonal versions will fit perfectly with the FAR roads and rails that are now available with the NAM.  I'm also glad you are including a custom foundation... building on uneven terrain is a guilty pleasure of mine and it is so much more rewarding using BATs that include a nice looking foundation.  I can't wait to see more  ;D

Gugu3

art128

beautiful! FAR model are a fantastic idea, good job!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog