• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APSMS

Congrats on the OSTIM, Brian. You really are a legend here, and it's nice to see you active and able to continue the great work. Even though I don't play rural regions (no experience, really) I still find your stuff incredibly useful.

Even though I try to avoid abandoned buildings, I still think that you variations are more useful than the standard approach. Certainly more realistic, at any rate. Hopefully making and modding them that way isn't too much more work. Looking forward to more of the FAR buildings. Heaven knows we have far to few to fill that role... ;D
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

c.p.

Thanks M4346, bap, Noah, whatevermind, and APSMS for the kind words :)

It looks like people (M4346 and bap in particular) are preferring that the FAR-2 version of the Thwackmore Elementary School be a school, rather than a CO ploppable, so that's what I'll do.

Here is another building I hope to finish and release this month, Bernsen Falls Fire Station:

M4346

At this rate I'm going to have to redo many towns to accommodate and incorporate all these great new additions!  Love it! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

art128

That's one cute fire station, CP!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Have you stockpilled your bats or what  ?
They just keeps coming and what great bats they are.  :thumbsup:
Love the fire station.  &apls

Congrat on the OSITM. Well deserved!!!

bap

C.P., man, go see a doctor; you must have been struck by an inspirational fever!  :thumbsup:
The fire station is great; loved all versions of it. I would say that the one with white walls (typical mediterranean/tropical style) would also look fine as a small church for rural villages or as a religious (private) suburbian elementary school.

Simcoug

The elementary school in all it's variations is awesome!  I especially like the fire station (and thank you for including a diagonal version - only a few diagonal fire stations exist).  I've been a way for a bit, but I was happy to see so much progress and congrats on the OSITM  :thumbsup:

FrankU

A lot of great projects, Brian! Great work.
And of course a congrats to your OSITM!

c.p.

Thanks M4346, Art, Arne, bap, Simcoug, and Frank :)

Arne: You're pretty much right about the stockpiling.  I was informed two weeks before the month started that I was going to be in the OSITM. So I made the school and fire station and one other bat ahead of time, so I'd have some updates ready, in case something came up.  (And in fact, something did come up).  So, despite appearances, I actually haven't done any batting yet this month. :D

bap: It was a bit surreal reading your post, because I've actually had a fever since Friday night, and at the time I read it, I was debating whether or not to go to the doctor (because of some other symptoms that came with the fever).  Unfortunately, it's not an inspirational fever, but more like the flu. :thumbsdown:
With the garage doors, it's hard for me to see this building as anything but a fire station.  I have a church planned, but might not get to it this month. ()what()

For today's update, I thought I'd show a sample set of SCILT textures.  (SCILT stands for Sidewalk-Compatible Interchangeable Lot Textures).  This particular set is for the SMP Sandstone sidewalk mod.  Each of the green squares is a texture:

None of these textures replaces any Maxis texture, or changes the in-game sidewalks in any way.  They are are merely lot textures, intended to match the sidewalk mod.  There will be other versions for other sidewalk mods as well.
The ones I've been using the most on my lots are the ones where there is a narrow strip of texture at the edge of the tile.  Kind of boring-looking textures, but very useful.
The interchangeble aspect of it means that if you, for example, replace the SCILT SMP Sandstone file with the SCILT JRJ Sidewalks file, in your plugins, all of the SCILT textures in your city will automatically change to the JRJ Sidewalks textures.

M4346

This is awesome! ;D Especially because I use the SMP sandstone sidewalk replacement mod and have made a number of texture replacements myself to ensure it matches up (including replacing a number of base textures and the BSC Parks Texture)!

Can't wait for this! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

kelis

Fantastic work !! I like so much that fire station  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Rayden

Nice work Brian, a must needed texture set, that's the one I use most. :thumbsup:

Latest lots are great, but I don't need to say that, all your work it's outstanding!! &apls

art128

Some quite fine overlays there Brian. :) I don't use sandstone as my sidewalk texture but I can see some use for them....
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Jack_wilds

luv the texture notions... as I like the JRJ textures for sidewalks best...  :thumbsup:  lest hope my access to LEX is restored so I can download all your new and upcoming neat stuff...  :)

FrankU

Hmmmm, new textures! They taste good!
Great idea to make them mod compatible.

Girafe

Many good surprises for this CCC   :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

c.p.

Thanks M4346, kelis, Silvio, Art, Jack_Wilds, Frank and Antoine :)

Here is what I have made so far, for SCILT packs.  The ones based on existing sidewalk mods, (SMP, JRJ, and Standard Maxis Sidewalks) don't include a sidewalk mod, but the other ones will have a sidewalk mod built in.

I have more coming up as well. ;)

Simcoug

These overlay textures will be incredibly useful for us lotters, thanks!  Would you consider doing a version of Paeng's sandstone?  It is a pretty popular sidewalk mod, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you used his texture.  I could touch base with him to get a firm answer if you are hesitant. 

Will you also be including the 'gray dirt' texture that you revealed earlier in this thread?  I really liked the look of that texture, along with all of the nice overlays. 

c.p.

If you could get an OK from Paeng, I'd be happy to do a Paeng sandstone version. :)

Quote from: Simcoug on May 08, 2014, 09:48:05 AM
Will you also be including the 'gray dirt' texture that you revealed earlier in this thread?  I really liked the look of that texture, along with all of the nice overlays. 

I've actually also done a SCILT version that uses that texture.  The overlays themselves are a separate project.  (Maybe "DILT", Dirt Interchangeable Lot Textures) :D

FrankU

Hey, wow...
Did I understand this correctly? You made a c.p. brick sidewalk mod, so that all sidewalks will show your bricks? That one will be very practical, maybe even indispensable for the users of my uploaded rewards and farms as they are more or less based on this texture.