• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

for all your civic building don't forget the post office and the city hall  :P  or a good simple small town hall to act as a city hall... if possible  ;)

anyway... its all good... like this Greek revival, it gives a realness to the game...

romualdillo

c.p.

Thanks Jack_wilds and romualdillo  :)

Jack_wilds: probably not a bad idea, but I need to concentrate on finishing what I've started. &Thk/(

As many of you may have guessed, I've fallen way behind, and won't be able to release the civic buildings before the end of the month. &ops  I simply haven't had the energy to accomplish what I wanted to this month, due to (a non-serious) illness, which I think I'm finally starting to recover from.  Hopefully in the next few weeks, I can get SCILT, Thwackmore Elementary, Bernsen Falls Fire Station, and Briggsbury Police Station done and released, but I'm not sure how realistic that is, as I have things to catch up on in RL too. ???

In the meantime, here is a small update showing some in-game shots of a few R$$$ houses.

Stately Place mansion with garage:

Stately Place on a 2x2 corner lot (medium density, stage 4):

Alexandria Mansion:

Alexandria Mansion:

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Great houses indeed  &apls  Glad you're feeling better  :)

Simcoug

The R$$$ houses are wonderful... your texture variations are always spot on.  I am also glad to hear you are feeling better.  I'll be looking forward to seeing your civic creations on the LEX whenever they are ready!  (and the SCILT textures will definitely be making their way into my LOTing folder once they are released)

metarvo

I'm glad you're feeling better, C.P.  :)  The additional low-density R-ยงยงยง houses look nice, and the variations tone down the effects of building repetition so that I won't have to feel bad about using more than one of each house in my wealthy suburbs.  I especially like the green roof on the first Alexandria Mansion.  Good work!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

romualdillo

Magnificent houses as always c.p.!! Get well soon!!

Jack_wilds

No Troubles CP... finishing, is better...  :)

yet, if you should find time, ways and means to add after all is finished and uploaded, would be greatly appreciated...  :P   ::) 

Really enjoy your work and this entire architectural genre... its getting exciting   :thumbsup:

:satisfied:

my LEX soap opera is all cleared up so I can now download your stuff as soon as it shows up...  :thumbsup:

c.p.

Thanks Girafe, Noah, Simcoug, metarvo, romualdillo, and Jack_wilds for the nice comments :)

Jack_wilds: I'm glad you finally got your LEX problems fixed. :satisfied:

For today's update, I have some more in-game shots.  This time, R$$ houses.

In the lower left are the Syracuse and the Alcott.  In the upper right (with the cupola), is the Sumter:

Here is a brick version of the Sumter with garage:

The Ohio (rear view), wedged between residential buildings by Simgoober and Spa.  The two smaller brick houses at the bottom are the Melville and the Folger:

This is a 3x3 lot with 4 houses.  (The large building at the bottom right isn't part of the lot.)  It is a low stage, medium density lot:

Here is a little hillside neighborhood.  In the center is the Alcott.  To the left of it, with the garage, is the Fairhaven.  In the background are some FAR-3 buildings.  To the right are a couple of low-wealth diagonals:

art128

These look great, CP! You makes me want to start a new england styled region.... :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Quote from: art128 on May 29, 2014, 09:56:56 AM
These look great, CP! You makes me want to start a new england styled region.... :)

Me, too  ;D Arthur maybe we have to leave Japan for a while...
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vester

Really like your work Brian.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cmdp123789

WOW! It looks great! now, are those part of your releasing plan, or will we have to wait longer to get them growing in our cities?  &apls

c.p.

Thanks Arthur, kelis, Arne, and cmdp123789 :)

Arthur and kelis: It will be a long time before much of this is ready for upload, so please continue with your excellent Japanese regions  ;)

cmdp123789: Thanks.  The RCI stuff is part of my long-term plan.  There are several prop packs and texture packs that have to be finished before I can release any of it.  Also, more buildings to make, more modding and lotting to do, problems to fix etc, etc.  It is a huge project and is going to take some time. &mmm

For today's update, how about some more in-game screenshots?

First, a crowded Stage 5 neighborhood of R$ tenements:

Some different color variations for these Stage 4 R$$ buildings (from bottom to top: Baleen, Signore, Bulkington):

Some commercial buildings in front.  In the top half of the picture are some different color variations for Charlotte (the brick one), Ohio, and Napoli.

A residential area framed by diagonals:

An wider overview of the Watertower Hill area I showed in my last update:

cmdp123789

I was afraid you were gonna say so... Although I kinda saw that coming... lol

Anyways, it looks awesome! and again, I cant wait for it to be uploaded. On another subject, are you planning on doing more brick warehouses and mills? Ive seen some of em on the last couple of updates, but are those all?

art128

Not only the BATs are wonderful, but the pictures are excellent too!  :thumbsup: (you should enter the pic competition someday..  ::))

Btw - Not ready to leave Japan yet, I haven't finished a single region to 100% yet.....  :P $%Grinno$%
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

Nice job on those diagonal buildings, CP.  They provide so much flexibility to a game which once had a rigid grid structure.  Those tenements look nice, too, with their variety of wall textures.  Finally, I like your in-game pics very much.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

c.p.

Thanks cmdp123789, Arthur, and metarvo :)

cmdp123789: I have a little of the modeling started on two more large mills.

Here is a BAT I forgot to show earlier, the Catskill Mansion:

vortext

Haven't checked in here a while and :o&apls

The tenements especially grabbed my attention. Did your also made a stucco version of those, like the latest Catskill Mansion? I think that'd look pretty neat.

Also curious to see an even wider zoom of your cities some time, must be interesting given all the diagonal and far orientations!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana