• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

Thanks vortext :)

Quote from: vortext on May 31, 2014, 07:00:04 AM
The tenements especially grabbed my attention. Did your also made a stucco version of those, like the latest Catskill Mansion? I think that'd look pretty neat.
Good idea. &idea  I'll probably do that.

Quote from: vortext on May 31, 2014, 07:00:04 AM
Also curious to see an even wider zoom of your cities some time, must be interesting given all the diagonal and far orientations!  :thumbsup:
You are in luck.  That is exactly what I have planned for my final update of OSITM. ;)

So for the last update of OSITM, I thought I'd do a Grand Finale, showing a small town I made using some of the buildings I've made so far (as well as buildings from other BATters).

The town is Edgemere, (so named because it sits at the edge of the region).  Here is an overview of the town:

Starting from the south, here is the business district of the Southside.  The Southside is less prosperous than the other parts of town:

Travelling North up Southside Road, we pass through a crowded low wealth neighborhood:

If you venture off Southside Road, toward the train tracks, you might stumble upon a neighborhood such as this.  There is a lot of industrial along Railroad Street, which parallels the train tracks.  The sims nearby appear to live comfortably alongside the industrial, however:

Further north along Southside Road, it becomes mostly medium wealth, though it is still quite crowded:

After a slight bend in the road, the buildings become larger.  Then you are in Central Edgemere:

A closer view:

Central Edgemere from the north:

A Closer view:

An overview from the same direction:

Immediately north of Central Edgemere is the Briggsbury Road area:

West of the Train Tracks is the Westside.  Here is the Westside close to Central Edgemere:

Here is a Westside scene, further from Central Edgemere:

And here is a final Overview of Edgemere:

Jack_wilds

Natuurzoon

The overview is simply amazing!this opens up a lot of possibilities.

The only thing I really miss is a church. Any plans on making a 19th century church?

art128

I saved the overview on my hard drive. Simply beautiful and inspirational, good job!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

APSMS

You sir, deserve a k-point. This is simply incredible. The amount of variety and seamlessness is astonishing, but perhaps what is moreso is that you are catering these for release (eventually) rather than simply for personal use and show. Thanks so much for this amazing preview.

Thanks Arthur for reading my mind and saving me the PM.

I knew it'd be good, but seeing everything in one place like that...wow :o
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

noahclem

Simply stunning  &apls &apls &apls

One of the nicest towns and best OSITMs I've even seen. Thanks so much for all the great stuff you've done this month!

metarvo

Good job, C.P.  The overviews resemble the 45° views Google Maps offers in selected areas, and the well-defined wealth areas provide character.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

romualdillo

What can I say? I'm speechless... btw, I love the fifth image.

vester

FrankU

Simcoug

Quote from: FrankU
You fought the grid!  &apls

Yeah, but it wasn't even a contest... K.O. in the first seconds by my count.  Amazing job C.P. - you really put those diagonal and FAR buildings to good use.

I was curious if you considered making any diagonal-to-ortho corner buildings (like the Ferox building that I see you used in your town... the one with the 'baked in' pink maxis base)?.  I find corner buildings hard to find in the first place, and diagonal/ortho or even FAR/ortho corner buildings are rarer still.

Again, I can't wait to begin using some of these treasures in my towns and cities.  Thanks for sharing these amazing pictures!

vortext

As I expected your city offers a pretty friggin' amazing sight indeed!   &apls

One thing which came to mind looking at the industrials along Railroad Street: maybe you could make overhanging, flat s3d models for underneath and then assign them the sidewalk texture ID. Look at JENX Quais for an example. This way it'd be possible to cover the diagonal edges along the network, with the minor note that unfortunately the s3d causes a slight color shift to occur, so the texture doesn't exactly match the actual sidewalk. Might still be worth exploring the options though.

I also second Simcougs suggestions for corner buildings, that'd make a great addition to an already amazing set of models!   :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

bap

Congratulations C.P.&apls  &apls  This is an amazing preview. The buildings make an harmonious set full of variety for all situations, orthogonals, diagonals, curved road, diagonal-ortho intersections, more urban or more rural environments, with incredible natural blend on uneven topographies.  :thumbsup:  I particularly like the choice of sidewalks. Their darker color seems a better blend with maxis green filler for diagonal roads, and avoid emphasizing the triangles that are produced when lots meet diagonal roads & streets. Excellent XIX century atmosphere. This is much welcome for those trying to build old, historical regions.  ;D
Thanks for all your effort!

epicblunder

Dang, those FAR residentials are just awesome.  I think i can hear the grid  :'( from here.   &apls

c.p.

Thanks Jack_wilds, Natuurzoon, Arthur, APSMS, Noah, metarvo, romualdillo, Arne, Frank, Simcoug, vortext, bap, epicblunder, and everyone else who replied or quietly viewed this thread during it's OSITM run. :thumbsup:  You helped make it a successful month, with 15 updates, more than 80 replies, and over 3000 views.

Natuurzoon: See picture below ;)

Simcoug: I hope to make a few diagonal/ortho corner buildings, and maybe a few FAR/Ortho corner buildings, but not lots of them (the majority of my buildings aren't W2W).

vortext: I've thought of making overhanging walkways, driveway entrances, etc.  But I'm holding off doing anything with that for now, since a.) I don't really know how the NAM is going to evolve and b.) I don't have time to work on everything at once. :D Perhaps it's something I'll get around to doing someday. ()what()

bap: It's one of Gobias' sidewalks.  I like this sidewalk for exactly the reason you mentioned. :)

Here is a BAT I previously mentioned I might be making: the Gloribee Chapel.  There are Ortho and Diagonal versions, as well as a matching house:

Simcoug

Quote from: c.p. on June 03, 2014, 10:19:01 PM
I hope to make a few diagonal/ortho corner buildings, and maybe a few FAR/Ortho corner buildings, but not lots of them (the majority of my buildings aren't W2W).
Wonderful!  I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  I'm sure they will work as a standalone building in addition to a W2W setting. 

QuoteHere is a BAT I previously mentioned I might be making: the Gloribee Chapel.  There are Ortho and Diagonal versions, as well as a matching house:
*snip*
That is a beautiful little church!  And the house is icing on the cake.  It looks like it would fit right in a Thomas Kinkade painting.

EDIT:
A few post ago you mentioned working on a few more mills.  I was looking through a neat late 19th century birds eye view depiction of Chicago and I found some interesting industrial buildings.  I thought of your great looking mills and maybe these would provide a little inspiration (or just something fun to look over).

Click for full size:

vester

Wonderfull work. Keep it up.

Would love to see some small fire stations, police stations, hospitals/clinic and schools in this style.

noahclem

Congratulations again on the great month  &apls  I'm also quite interested in additional diag/ortho corner buildings.

mave94

This looks all very great, c.p.. I especially like the houses at other angles. :) &apls

art128

Congratulations on a fantastic OSITM, one of the best I've ever seen on SC4D. :)

The little church is a fantastic building, the modeling and texturing are both well done. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog