• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

It seems unbelievable, how fast xou come up with new, awesome BATs, but yeah, doing it serial...  &apls :thumbsup:

The most of these new houses are really cute, and to look to the aerial views and imagine a row of them in SC4 is only a small step. I am not jealous, cause I am not BATting but if I would...  ;)

Wonderful work, I am eagerly waiting for new uploads, that is for sure.  :)

Jack_wilds

do not know what accolades to add to the already long list... the collection is growing with some neat additions... well done    :thumbsup:... hope it all eventually finds its way on to the LEX   :popcorn:

Simcoug

Neat!  I don't know if I've ever seen the roof flair out like that before... is that architecture unique to that part of NY?  I like the over-sized garage... I imagine you could fit a nice workshop in there.   ()stsfd()

art128

Another set of excellent houses, CP! I like the pink Oneida a lot.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

c.p.

Thanks carlfatal, Jack_Wilds, Matt and Arthur :)

Quote from: Simcoug on December 07, 2014, 04:46:59 PM
I don't know if I've ever seen the roof flair out like that before... is that architecture unique to that part of NY?)
I've seen that in Columbus.  Also, something similar is very common along the front of the roof in Louisville, Cincinnati, St. Louis, etc.  (see below ;D)

So here are a few R$ buildings from Louisville, for a future Louisville/Cincinnati set:

And some relevant real-life shots:

Jack_wilds

U don't if I munch while I gap...  :popcorn:

some neat attention to detail, and historical sense...  :satisfied:

:thumbsup:

Simcoug

More great additions!   :thumbsup:
Even though you've been showing these recent models in the standard ortho render, I'm hoping they will be available as diagonal and FAR angles as well  ;)

noahclem

Exciting stuff  &apls  There's so much character to these houses--I'm really looking forward to using them and can see them fitting very well in the city I'm working on at the moment.

vester

Great work, C.P.

The curtains are made using textures, right ?

c.p.

Thanks for the comments Jack_Wilds, Matt, Noah and Arne :thumbsup:

Quote from: Simcoug on December 11, 2014, 05:48:54 AM
Even though you've been showing these recent models in the standard ortho render, I'm hoping they will be available as diagonal and FAR angles as well  ;)
That's my intention.  I'll make the diagonal or FAR versions when I figure out which will work best for each building.

Quote from: vester on December 11, 2014, 07:17:05 AM
The curtains are made using textures, right ?
That's right.  I got the curtain textures from curtain advertisements I found online ;D

So all of the SCILT versions to date are uploaded to the LEX. :clap:
Apologies for flooding the LEX with so many SCILT versions at once, but it didn't make any sense to put up just a couple at a time.

Also, I uploaded the Bernsen Falls Fire Station:

CahosRahneVeloza

I love how those Fire Stations look but after I installed it, the stucco version seems to be missing. All I got from the download were the regular brick and the diagonal versions.

c.p.

The two ortho fire station props (stucco and brick) are in a family, so there is only one lot, and only one menu icon (to reduce the number of icons in the menu.) If you install both versions, the game will randomly choose between them.  Sorry for the confusion. &mmm  I'll try to make that clearer in the description.

vester

Great work on the fire stations.

The lots, how big are they ?

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: c.p. on December 13, 2014, 06:58:57 AM
The two ortho fire station props (stucco and brick) are in a family, so there is only one lot, and only one menu icon (to reduce the number of icons in the menu.) If you install both versions, the game will randomly choose between them.  Sorry for the confusion. &mmm  I'll try to make that clearer in the description.

Oh  :-[

Sorry about that. At least it's all clear now.

Simcoug

Quote from: c.p. on December 12, 2014, 07:17:32 PM
That's my intention.  I'll make the diagonal or FAR versions when I figure out which will work best for each building.
Great!  The more diagonal/FAR buildings the better  ;D

And thanks for releasing the SCILT and Fire Station - I'm sure they will find their way into many towns and cities right away.

Jack_wilds

CP... a big THX for the Firehouse and the texture replacements...  :thumbsup: 
it is a well done a 5/5 even...
I will mess around with 'em for a number of weeks to come...  :satisfied:

Merry Christmas to you and your entire household...

c.p.

Thanks Arne, CahosRahneVeloza, Matt and Jack_wilds :)

Quote from: vester on December 13, 2014, 07:26:42 AM
The lots, how big are they ?
The ortho lot is 1x2.  The diagonal is 1x1, but the building overhangs the lot.

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on December 13, 2014, 08:32:18 AM
Oh  :-[

Sorry about that. At least it's all clear now.
Thanks for speaking up! :thumbsup:  It probably made the description clearer for someone else as well.

I've been working on the Rewards modding for some of the other civics, but it is going gruellingly slow.  In the meantime, here are a couple of low wealth residentials from Utica, for the Utica/Buffalo set

And here are some real life shots from Utica:

romualdillo

I think c.p. is the only one who can share four or five great new buildings every week, and say that it's going slow...  :P

c.p.

Thanks romualdillo :D  I wasn't complaining about how the modelling was going, just the modding and lotting. :angrymore:

Anyway, I just uploaded Loomis Mill to the LEX:

Simcoug

The additional Buffalo residential look perfect, as usual.  I'm excited to use the garages you have been adding with them - they will be really versatile!  And thanks for the Loomis upload - It's a great looking mill (It will definitely be showing up in my CJ soon).