• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

I've been out of the country admiring some earlier architecture styles (mostly Roman and Venetian) but I am glad to be back and see more progress here on this thread  :)
I love the details on the latest high wealth houses - the shutters look great.  And I would love to relax after a long days work on that balcony with a beer in hand.   :thumbsup:

c.p.

Thanks magee_b, Noah, manga rivotra, carlfatal, romualdillo, reddonquixote, bombardiere, Shark7, Fred, belfastsocrates, and Matt ;D  (wow, lots of comments :thumbsup:)

Quote from: carlfatal on July 03, 2015, 04:05:53 AM
How many stunning BATs do you finish every day? This canĀ“t be healthy!  $%Grinno$%
I suppose it could be unhealthy, but if so, I don't want to know. :D
I'm thinking a typical update, with two buildings plus a garage, probably represents about 8 to 10 hours of work, not including the foundations, which may add a few more hours, and not including modding the props, which adds maybe another hour.  The last two updates may have been a little less, because there were fewer buildings.  Today's update may have been little more, because there are 3 building designs, plus a garage, instead of 2.  I haven't timed it, so I could be way off with those numbers.  At any rate, if I have a lot of free time and feel like making buildings, the pace I've been going is a pretty easy pace.

For today's update, here are a few fictional or semi-fictional residential buildings from Columbus:

And some real-life shots of Columbus, Ohio:

noahclem

Loving the newest bats  &apls  These tend to remind me of the town I went to college in (Vermillion, SD), as most of the town that isn't university-related was built in the early part of the last century. Depending on your interests, it could be neat to have some with more recent additions made like extra first floor rooms, attached garages, or two level additions. Just a thought that very possibly wouldn't be a good idea at all ;)

metarvo

Good job on these residences, C.P.  Those textures add a nice splash!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simcoug

The Amberly wrap around porch looks really cozy.  I also like how you added a painted brick facade to one of the apartments (it adds to the variety and realism).   &apls

romualdillo

carlfatal

Quote from: c.p. on July 08, 2015, 11:18:14 AM
At any rate, if I have a lot of free time and feel like making buildings, the pace I've been going is a pretty easy pace.

Sounds reasonable to me...  ;D

and it leads toanother wonderful set.  &apls
Crazy: they are built very closetogether, so you can easily shake hands from one window to the other...   $%Grinno$%.
And funny: the house on the second picture (and the second of your models) looks like an old Bavarian Home for railway workers.

c.p.

Thanks Noah, metarvo, Matt, romualdillo, and carlfatal ;)

Quote from: noahclem on July 08, 2015, 02:30:06 PM
. . . it could be neat to have some with more recent additions made like extra first floor rooms, attached garages, or two level additions. Just a thought that very possibly wouldn't be a good idea at all ;)

Not a bad idea, except changing the footprint of the buildings would wreak havoc with the prop families.

Quote from: carlfatal on July 11, 2015, 11:41:02 AM
And funny: the house on the second picture (and the second of your models) looks like an old Bavarian Home for railway workers.

That part of Columbus was originally settled by German immigrants, so who knows, Bavarian railway workers could have lived in that house too. &mmm

So, here are a couple of medium wealth duplexes for the Manchester set.  The Concord Duplex is modelled after real-life buildings found in Concord, Dover and other New Hampshire cities.  (It seems to have been a popular design in New Hampshire).  The Webster duplex is more of a fictional building.  It would probably work well as a large farmhouse also.

Here are some real-life shots from Concord, Keene and Dover, New Hampshire

FrankU

romualdillo

cmdp123789

Simcoug

Great color and texture variations!
I like the unique architecture of the Webster... and yes, it could definitely be a great looking farmhouse.
&apls

art128

Yet again another wonderful set! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

magee_b

Absolutely superb! &apls The variations all look incredible!

manga rivotra

Perfect set as always  :thumbsup:
Maybe the "Webster" variations with blue, and orange wall and shutters can be also R$$$ lots with appropriate props.
The more we can see theses beauties growing, the better is  ;D

Unconstantean

belfastsocrates

I'm exceedingly jealous of those with an American style MD :D
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Shark7

Ooh, nice, nice duplexes here.  Wouldn't mind one of these for myself...that is the whole thing.  ;)

And (keeping in mind I don't always see colors that well) is that a PINK house I'm seeing?  Haha!  I love it!   :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Simply wonderful homes again!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: c.p. on July 13, 2015, 10:32:04 PM
That part of Columbus was originally settled by German immigrants, so who knows, Bavarian railway workers could have lived in that house too. &mmm

Indeed possible. I mean, lots of Germans left Europe in the 19th century cause of pauperism and serfdom in their countries. Bavaria was no exeption.

Bipin

Fabulous work with those houses, they look great!   &apls