• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordstalker2008

I can not wait till the day comes that we can put these babies into the game.

FlyHigh

Awesome work, C.P.. I was actually asking in chat if anyone knew of any small residences (w2w or not) for my suburban areas. Yours will look great  :)
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

deora

Dude this must be the 6th or 7th Keyboard i flooded with dróoling.The Attention to Detail and your special love with this kind of Architecture makes your BAT`s really outstanding. &aplsI can only imagine how it would look to build an entire City just with these little Gems.

BTW,if you ever decide to move to NYC,Baltimore or Philadelphia styled Rowhouses,count me in for playtesting...right now i imagine a City full of c.p. brand Rowhouses

Aaron Graham

I love these house, I would love to see more color variations for them. :O
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

c.p.

Thanks FrankU, romualdillo, cmdp123789, Matt, Arthur, magee_b, manga rivotra, Unconstantean, belfastsocrates, Shark7, carlfatal, Bipin, swordstalker2008, FlyHigh, deora, and Aaron Graham  :).  All the comments are definitely helping me keep up a good level of enthusiasm for this project :thumbsup:.

Quote from: Shark7 on July 16, 2015, 11:27:51 AM
(keeping in mind I don't always see colors that well) is that a PINK house I'm seeing?
It's pinkish for sure.  Maybe closer to heliotrope.  (Maybe "off-heliotrope" :D).

Quote from: Aaron Graham on July 18, 2015, 01:13:22 PM
I love these house, I would love to see more color variations for them. :O
Thanks!  For this update, I included more color variations.

For today's update, here are a few R$$ buildings from Pittsburgh.  These are detached houses, but I may do some W2W rowhouse versions in the future.  I'm thinking these will be part of the Louisville set.

Some real-life shots from Pittsburgh:

manga rivotra

Interesting shapes and a lot of color variations. Very useful to make transitions between sprawling residentials suburbias and center town. :)
Again a great new set, i'm impatient to play with it. &apls
Thanks you  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Although I am only repeating myself: Simply wonderful...  &apls &apls

Would you mind to make a diagonal version of you huge mill complex too? Today I spotted a very good place for this building in my region, if it would be diagonal, and I am sure a lot of people would love to use some big building this way.

reddonquixote

Wow, the speed you're churning out these high-quality creations is incredible, you're making sets of houses faster than I can comment on  :D

We're running out of different ways to say "awesome!"  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Simcoug

Brilliant! The dark green color scheme is fantastic, and I especially like the long narrow 3rd version.  It reminds me of some of the long narrow commercial buildings here in Nashville (and other locals as well). 

Long narrow buildings are actually quite rare in the SC4 universe. 
(just ignore all that modern roof junk  :D)

mgb204

Quote from: reddonquixote on July 21, 2015, 12:38:48 AM
Wow, the speed you're churning out these high-quality creations is incredible, you're making sets of houses faster than I can comment on  :D

We're running out of different ways to say "awesome!"  :thumbsup:

Seconded, with all these buildings you'll be surpassing the amount of content Maxis put in the vanilla game at this rate.

romualdillo

I'm still wondering how do you do to work so fast!!! It's amazing to see how much amount of good work you do in so little time!! Fantastic!!  &apls

c.p.

Thanks manga rivotra, carlfatal, reddonquixote, Simcoug, mgb204 and romualdillo :)

Quote from: romualdillo on July 22, 2015, 08:54:41 AM
I'm still wondering how do you do to work so fast!!!
Interchangeable parts! ;D I do most of my modelling in AutoCAD.  All my windows, doors, decorative stuff, etc, are simple AutoCAD blocks I've made and reuse over and over again. (AutoCAD "blocks" are sort of like Sketchup "components").  AutoCAD makes it easy to automatically array blocks along a building outline, for example, and to move them around, rescale them in an X, Y, or Z direction, etc.  Also, I'm always making little improvements to my process to either speed things up or improve the quality.  After several years, it adds up.

So for today's update, how about some medium-wealth apartments for the Chicago set:

Some real-life shots from Chicago:

TheTeaCat

Oh my word!! the amount of stuff you are producing is just jaw dropping!!!And the quality of it all is just mesmerising! (personally I prefer the brick versions - just my taste  :D )

Love the abandoned building too!! (even though in RL they are not so nice!)

TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

GameFrog

It's impressive to see how you are producing such a big number of high quality buildings in that short time!  &apls  &apls

emanuelfranco0390

Can't wait to see CJs and MDs with all of this beauties.  &apls

manga rivotra

It's Christmas every week here!  ;D I already imagine a row of Grant Apartments aligned along a street sloping gently in my cities, and LaSalle offers a very interesting design. &apls &apls &apls

Simcoug

I really like these, but I've always liked Chicago style buildings. 
Some of those images you shared of RL buildings include some shop fronts... I wonder if you could just model a variety of shop fronts similar to what maxis did to ramp up the variety of their commercial sets.
(maxis shop front prop family)

Then you could just align the prop family in front of these types of buildings and, voilà, instant commercial set  :)

carlfatal

romualdillo

Great work again!!! :thumbsup:
I think the US's early industrialisation has its advantages  ;D. I hope I can do the same when I'd made more buildings.

c.p.

Thanks TheTeaCat, GameFrog, emanuelfranco0390, manga rivotra, Simcoug, carlfatal, and romualdillo  :)

Quote from: Simcoug on July 27, 2015, 06:10:01 AM
I wonder if you could just model a variety of shop fronts similar to what maxis did to ramp up the variety of their commercial sets.
Then you could just align the prop family in front of these types of buildings and, voilà, instant commercial set  :)

Not a bad idea, but it won't work with these particular buildings, because the LODs are loose in the front (so the building work better on slopes).  Also, I tried a something like what you are talking about (but with garage doors) on some other buildings and wasn't happy with the result, so if I eventually do some commercial buildings, the storefronts will probably be part of the main building, and not separate props.

Today's update is a low wealth tenement building for the Manchester set, the Dunbarton.  It is a large building, so I made it in two pieces that can slide up and down against each other (depending on the slope of the lot.)  I made two different rear sections.  With the small rear section, the building will fit on a 1x2 lot.  With the larger rear section, the building will mostly fill up a 1x3 lot.

Here are a few real-life shots from Manchester, New hampshire: