• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

Thanks romualdillo (twice :)), carlfatal, bombardiere, Simcoug, Vizoria, seraf, Schriefer, Girafe, reddonquixote, vester, belfastsocrates, and Baltimore  :)

Quote from: carlfatal on August 26, 2015, 05:57:08 PM
The houses from Versailles indeed look totally french. Are they built in the times, when the Missisippi was french colonized?
Good question.  (There is actually a Paris, Kentucky as well.)  The doorways of those houses are all Greek Revival, except the blue one with the arched doorway.  So most likely they were built in the 1830-1860 time period.  That would be quite a few years after main wave of french settlement.  As far as I know most of the french settlers along the Mississippi were actually from Nova Scotia - they were kicked out of Nova Scotia by the British in the late 1700s.  But there were probably other waves of french immigration as well.  I don't really know much about the history of Kentucky, but I have been quite impressed with the elegant and refined architecture (at least to my eye) of the oldest houses there, in what must have been fairly remote towns not long past their frontier days.  Whether or not that is a French influence, I don't know.

For today's update, here are a couple of R$$ buildings for a generic set.  The idea of the "generic" set is to have a set of buildings that would fit in with any region of the U.S. in that era.  (Or at least any region I am likely to make a set for).
For example, buildings with a big 2 story porch, like 2 Clemens street, were especially common in New Orleans, but wouldn't really be out of place in the Ohio Valley or New England, (not as sure about Chicago).

1 Clemens St:

2 Clemens St:

Sorry to say, due to RL stuff, this will be my last update for a little while.  (Nothing dramatic, just have too much going on, and am ready for a break anyway.)  I'm guessing I should be back in a couple months to get this rolling again.  Sometime shortly after I get back, I'll have to go on a foundation-making binge, as I've fallen way behind with the foundations. ::)

romualdillo

Ooooppsss  :-[ !! I commented twice!!!  :D  I think I saw the update late at night and I forgot having answered, and then I wrote again something more elaborated... I hope I won't forget it now... As always, great work!!!!  :D

Simcoug

lovely!  I certainly think the Clemens style could be found across the country during that time.  Definitely in Boston and along the east coast, and probably in some of the larger western cities, like San Francisco as well.  Enjoy your sabbatical  ;D

manga rivotra

After a hundred jewels since months, you well deserves some rest.  ;D Thanks you again for your great work !  :thumbsup:

art128

Don't worry about having to leave for a few months. IRL is always the priority over Simcity, hopefully you'll come back well rested from your work.
The last houses showcases are wonderful as per usual.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

These last houses are fantastic ! I really like the blue one  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

carlfatal

Indeed very nice houses again!  &apls &apls

And like Arthur said: RL is the most important. I wish you a nice time with other things than SC4, and hopefully we´ll see you back well rested then!

danwaxx

Please release some of them before you leave! :)

c.p.

Thanks romualdillo, Simcoug, manga rivotra, art128, carlfatal, kelis, and danwaxx :)

So I fired up the BAT machine again.  It sputtered and creaked and finally spit out these little Oshkosh-inspired, low-wealth houses:

Some real-life shots from Oshkosh:

A couple of the real-life houses might be from the early 20th century, but I posted them to show the quirky Oshkoshian theme of front-facing-gable-with-side-gabled-wing-plus-porch-with-front-facing-gable, which appears to have spanned both centuries.

manga rivotra

Great as always, and pretty different from the previous ones. I enjoy that  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

:bnn:

He's back!

More low wealth, and they look awesome.  I've always liked how your wealth look 'realistic'.  For some reason much of the maxis low wealth looked like abject poverty.  In the US at least, most low wealth housing are still single family homes (albeit small) in less desirable areas of town.  I understand that maxis wanted to visually separate the wealth classes for game reasons, but for those of us trying to create a more realistic representation in SC4, these types of homes will be much appreciated.   :thumbsup:

Girafe

Don t jam up the machine  :P :P

Good luck and have fun with the Lot Editor  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Bipin

Great work. These look like a lot of fun!

mattb325

Wow - you have been busy!

These are all such wonderful little gems

I love your work...it will make the game unrecognisable  :)

romualdillo

What a great return!!! Those little houses look fantastic!!!  &apls

FrankU

Baltimore

Looking really good  :thumbsup: My sims can't wait to move into a new neighborhood . Might need a new zip code for all of them  :D
AKA raynev1 @Simtropolis
See what I'm into when I'm not playing Simcity4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2BmSZmH0YW7U6TithLBsQ

reddonquixote

I can't fathom how you produce so many high quality houses like this, its incredible amount of work and they all look amazing. Great to see you back  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

compdude787

Looking quite nice! Now, if only you'd just release all this stuff... :P
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

c.p.

Thanks manga rivotra, Simcoug, Girafe, Bipin, mattb325, romualdillo, FrankU, Baltimore, reddonquixote, and compdude787 for the very nice comments  :)

Here are some more R$ buildings for the Manchester set:
137 Pennichuk Street:

237 Pennichuk Street:

And a few real-life pictures (though not super representative of the BAT houses) from Nashua, Keene and Manchester, New Hampshire: