• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Lovely houses :)

Do you use BAT4MAX?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

c.p.

I use an old version of bat4max, with 3dsmax 5.  (Retro software for retro buildings  :D).  I do the modelling in autocad though.

I don't know if this is good practice or not, but here is today's update brought up from the previous page (I didn't realize I was at the end of the page when I posted):
Quote from: c.p. on November 13, 2015, 02:38:15 PM
Thanks manga rivotra, Simcoug, Girafe, Bipin, mattb325, romualdillo, FrankU, Baltimore, reddonquixote, and compdude787 for the very nice comments  :)

Here are some more R$ buildings for the Manchester set:
137 Pennichuk Street:

237 Pennichuk Street:

And a few real-life pictures (though not super representative of the BAT houses) from Nashua, Keene and Manchester, New Hampshire:

Jack_wilds

The Ohskoshian houses...  ???

a double take as I know those houses I walked passed many a day...  :)

the sets are all so well done... everyone has beat me to relevant exclamations, so odo not know what to add... its just all well done...  :satisfied:

manga rivotra

I really love the textures on these ones. Perfect for countryside !  &apls &apls &apls

romualdillo

Fantastic work as always! May we have an in-game shot?  ::) Or it's too soon for LOTting?

Simcoug

I love how the houses have a slightly degraded low wealth feel while still featuring a beautiful color palate.  Great work!

Kergelen

When I see your topic I usually think: "Why not to start a New England region...? &Thk/(

Links to SC4 websites

kelis

Quote from: Kergelen on November 16, 2015, 02:40:01 PM
When I see your topic I usually think: "Why not to start a New England region...? &Thk/(

We share the same opinion my friend  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

c.p.

Thanks Jack_wilds, manga rivotra, romualdillo, Simcoug, Kergelen, and kelis for the comments :)

Jack_wilds: my great-grandfather (who lived long enough for me to get to know) was originally from Oshkosh, which is part of what drew me to explore that particular city.

Quote from: romualdillo on November 16, 2015, 08:19:04 AM
Fantastic work as always! May we have an in-game shot?  ::) Or it's too soon for LOTting?
It's still a little too soon (no foundations yet for a lot of the houses, but I've been making progress). I'm currently working toward a test of the the Manchester set.  I don't think I've run the game in like a year, but I'm going to have to soon, to test the lots Simcoug made, so I can get them released finally.

Today's update, 1 Downing Street, is a high wealth house, loosely based on a real house in Lexington, Kentucky, built in 1820.  I'm thinking this house and the Elizabethtown/Versailles houses shown earlier might be part of an Appalachian set, rather than part of the Louisville set, as I previously thought.

And here is the real-life house:

And a couple other Lexington houses in a similar style:

Simcoug

Fantastic!  I love all the texture variations.  I can definitely see this house sitting in the ritzy part of town, even on smaller lots due to it's compact size.  Great work!   :thumbsup:

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

seraf

Lovely :) I can see nice gardens in the back and manicured lawns in front of them already :D

vortext

Great work, I really like the rough stone model in the latest batch.  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mattb325

Such beautiful models! I can sense a mega pack coming on  ;D

Jack_wilds

an additional thought... with everything RRW is doing to improve the rail road in Sim lands...

PLUS your entire works... it will make up for the model railroad I always wanted as a kid...  :)

hope it all makes the LEX...

see yas

Dublin

Awesome Work, Love the houses. I think i may have updated the wiring in the Oshkosh pic #2.Well done this will really add to the game.
Where ever you go, there you are.

c.p.

Thanks Simcoug, Girafe, seraf, vortext, mattb325, Jack_wilds, and Dublin for the comments :)

Quote from: Dublin on November 21, 2015, 07:05:28 PM
I think i may have updated the wiring in the Oshkosh pic #2.
It's a small world :D

Today's update is a couple of small rural houses for the New Bedford set.  These are mainly inspired by Nantucket houses (Nantucket was the rival whaling city to New Bedford in the early 19th century, and is the city Captain Ahab and the crew of the Pequod shipped out from in "Moby Dick".) 

Some real-life shots from Nantucket and Cape Cod, Massachusetts:

belfastsocrates

These are excellent. I'm going to need to be creative when it comes to using these in-game. I'm sure I can dream up some story to explain the architecture. They're simply too good to not use.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Simcoug

The Quince Cottage is a classic look that can be found all across the country... the early settlers must have passed the frame design around like a potato salad recipe.  Speaking of Captain Ahab, are you excited for the movie?  With little ones running around the house I don't get out to see movies in theaters much, but I'd like to catch it just to see the sailing ships on the big screen.  Of course, if it comes down to picking between Star Wars and In the Heart of the Sea, then R2D2 wins every time.  :P

Can't wait to get the lot editor humming with these new models in the mix  ;D