• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraf

When I look at them I'm thinking more about Maine than Rhode Island but that doesn't change the fact that they look great  :thumbsup:  &apls

mattb325

These new cottages are very charming! :thumbsup:

Baltimore

The cottages are charming indeed , can't wait to see my sims moving into them . I see a new rural small town coming to my SC4 in the not so far future , I hope .

Sounds like Simcoug is going to warm up the lot editor .  :bnn:

Won't be long now , The monkey said when his tail went into the fan .
AKA raynev1 @Simtropolis
See what I'm into when I'm not playing Simcity4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2BmSZmH0YW7U6TithLBsQ

c.p.

Thanks belfastsocrates, Simmer2, Simcoug, seraf, mattb325 and Baltimore :)

Quote from: Simcoug on December 07, 2015, 08:24:10 AM
Speaking of Captain Ahab, are you excited for the movie?  With little ones running around the house I don't get out to see movies in theaters much, but I'd like to catch it just to see the sailing ships on the big screen.  Of course, if it comes down to picking between Star Wars and In the Heart of the Sea, then R2D2 wins every time.  :P
I hadn't heard about it until you mentioned it.  It might be really good, but I'd go for Star Wars too, I think.  :)

Quote from: seraf on December 07, 2015, 01:07:52 PM
When I look at them I'm thinking more about Maine than Rhode Island but that doesn't change the fact that they look great
For my purposes, "New Bedford" extends from Cape May, New Jersey to the Canadian border, so that works for me. :D

So I finally got enough foundations and modding done on the Manchester set to do a quick little in-game test, to see how things are looking so far.  I'm thinking I have about 75% of the R$ and R$$ buildings made for the Manchester set, and maybe 25% of the lotting done.  My little test city was mostly low-wealth, so it was a better test for R$ than R$$ or R$$$.

I'm fairly happy with how most of the buildings look in-game, but there is a lot more repetition than I was expecting (especially with the Stage 4 R$ apartments).

R$:
A Stage 1/Stage 2 area, Medium Density Zoned:

Stage 2 or 3, Low Density Zoned:

Stage 3 or 4, Medium Density Zoned:

Mostly Stage 4, Medium Density Zoned:

Stage 4 night:

R$$$:
Thorndike Mansion:

Catskill Mansion (not part of the Manchester set, but I hadn't seen it growing before:

I'll show some more in-game pics in a future update.

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Simcoug

Wonderful - the foundations blend in seamlessly.  You've really upped the ante on slope friendly cities  :thumbsup:

sunv123

Beautiful set of houses! Love the mansions :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

romualdillo

Simmer2

Mine..mine..mine....
Wonderfully done, can't wait to see them in my cities  :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

Just brilliant - I really love the lotting of the mansions!  &apls

deora

Wow,outstanding Workwith the BATs AND the Lotting.
The Love for Details is amazing.
Also your Batting Thread slowly turns into a "Guide hrough historic American Architectue".
Also i see lots of Stuff which would come in handy for my own Region....

Speaking of my Region and seeing your top notch BATing Skills always makes me wonder how it would look if you would center your BATing on NY styled BAT`s (thinking of Ditmas Park,Bed Stuy and all the other glorious historic Neighborhoods)

I wish you a happy Christmas Season and may good ol Santa bring you lots of Presents... :bnn:

c.p.

Thanks Compdude787, Girafe, noahclem, Simcoug, sunv123, romualdillo, Simmer2, mattb325, and deora

Quote from: deora on December 23, 2015, 02:38:19 AM
Speaking of my Region and seeing your top notch BATing Skills always makes me wonder how it would look if you would center your BATing on NY styled BAT`s (thinking of Ditmas Park,Bed Stuy and all the other glorious historic Neighborhoods)

I've been avoiding New York partly because New York is already so well covered by other batters, and partly because I find lesser-known cities more interesting to explore/discover than well-known ones.  When I get more into Stage 6 stuff, especially for the "New Bedford" set, I'll probably look to New York for ideas. :)

So here are some more low wealth residential buildings for the Manchester set.  These are loosely based on residential buildings in Franklin, New Hampshire.  They are fairly large and both have two front entrances.  I personally see them as duplexes, but they could easily be taken for single-family houses as well.

1 Catamount Road:

2 Catamount Road:

Some real-life shots from Franklin, New Hampshire:

mattb325

It's great to see some of the larger homes in the low-wealth sets  :thumbsup:

APSMS

The texture work on all your stuff is incredible. The modelling is superb as well, but it's the finer details like the textures that really make your BATs come alive, especially with the less-than-shiny appearance and the separate textures for abandoned lots.

Wonderful stuff, and your lotting work is top notch as well, which is rare in BATters.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

JP Schriefer

How didn't I see this thread before?
Very good stuff! The houses are looking great!  ;D

kelis

Another great set of houses. Fantastic job  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

reddonquixote

I echo those comments about the lotting, amazing work all round, and as I've said before, the sheer volume you produce just boggles my head  :o

:thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.