• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

It's good to see all of those texture variations.  Nice work, CP!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

deora

So much prettyness...it`s like grabbing in a bowl of Gummibears &apls
QuoteI've been avoiding New York partly because New York is already so well covered by other batters, and partly because I find lesser-known cities more interesting to explore/discover than well-known ones.  When I get more into Stage 6 stuff, especially for the "New Bedford" set, I'll probably look to New York for ideas.

I see.Actually i was just referring to NY because some W2W in your distinctive Style would be great.I`m very sure other Cities have lots of beautiful W2W Development,too.
However,wish you a happy new Year and can`t wait to see what you are up too this Year. :satisfied:

Jack_wilds

luvg the progress...  &apls

the lotting is very good...  :) needs more than knothole peaks to see all you did there...  ::)

can't say enough... but it appears others have stated better accolades...  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

I'll echo MattB's comment about the larger low wealth houses - not a whole lot of those exist in the SC4 world, even though they are quite common in RL, especially in a more rural setting.  Great texture work and the numerous variations will look amazing in game  :thumbsup:

c.p.

Thanks mattb325, APSMS, Schriefer, kelis, art128, reddonquixote, metarvo, deora, Jack_wilds and Simcoug  :)

Quote from: deora on January 02, 2016, 02:19:00 PM
some W2W in your distinctive Style would be great.I`m very sure other Cities have lots of beautiful W2W Development,too.
I plan to eventually make some stage 6 W2W residentials (probably stage 5 too).

Here are some low-wealth houses for the Appalachia set, inspired by various houses in Kentucky and Virginia:

Here are some real-life shots from Elizabethtown, Lexington and Paris Kentucky, and Lynchburg, Virginia:

(Built about 1860):

(Built in 1816):

vester

Bluegrass Road !!! I like it  ;D

Nice collection you go going.... again !!!     :thumbsup:

Simcoug

Interesting with the dual front doors... I didn't know they did the duplex thing back in the 1860s.  I love the unique design on both of those houses... they will both blend in and add some character at the same time.   :thumbsup:

mattb325

The duplexes are lovely -something we still don't have enough of in game  :thumbsup:

Shark7

Liking the Appalachia set since those houses would look right at home where I live.  Those smaller, more traditional houses are plentiful out here.

The rusty tin roofs are a nice touch too.  These houses don't all look new, they actually look like they've been there a while.  :)

c.p.

Thanks Vester, Simcoug, mattb325 and Shark7 :)

Quote from: Simcoug on January 08, 2016, 04:36:06 PM
Interesting with the dual front doors... I didn't know they did the duplex thing back in the 1860s. :thumbsup:
Side-by-side duplexes were pretty common back then in mill towns (especially in the Northeast).  Stacked duplexes (one unit on top of another) seem to have been pretty common in the larger cities.  Those sometimes only had one entry door, so it's harder to tell at first glance if they're duplexes or big single-family houses.  There were also front-to-back duplexes (one unit in front of the other), but those may not have become popular until later.

Here is a R$$$ mansion, for the Appalachia set, based on the Bodley-Bullock House in Lexington, Kentucky:

The real-life Bodley-Bullock House, in Lexington Kentucky (built in 1814), and another, somewhat similar house across the street:

Vizoria

Amazing BATs! I wonder when you will be releasing them? I can imagine there must be a whole ton of lotting work to do giving the number of BATs you have created.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

Love it! There aren't many good quality southern-style colonnaded houses available  &apls

dyoungyn

Swordmaster

Hey Brian, fantastic to see you're still at it. It's amazing to see how prolific you've been over the past three years. The selection of styles and cities you took inspiration from are top notch; I've also enjoyed the RL pictures that came along. 30+ pages of awesomeness. . .

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

Ah yes, my future summer cabin.  Beautiful variations as always.  :thumbsup:

reddonquixote

More amazing creations.  :thumbsup:

I need to ask, do you have secret access to a lotting & modding factory and if so can I borrow it please?  :D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

romualdillo

Oh God!! I think I need some recovery. Too many awesome buildings for today. Southern styled houses are among my favourites and those are great. And the duplexes, well... You already know I admire everyhing you do!
&apls

metarvo

Keep up the good work, C.P.!  I like the mix of brick and frame here, and I'm particularly drawn to the red brick duplex with the green shutters.  It has such a charming feel to me.  :)

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

M4346

Gorgeous! As usual! ;) I can't wait to see these in my towns! Your work has completely redefined the look and feel of my regions. Thank you!!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine