• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

As I've said before, when are you going to release these?! I want 'em now!!!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

JP Schriefer

More very beautiful houses *-*
Great job!

Jack_wilds

had no idea how such mansions were from that period... luv'in the progress...

c.p.

Thanks Vizoria, Simmer2, mattb325, dyoungyn, Willy, Simcoug, reddonquixote, romualdillo, metarvo, M4346, compdude787, Schriefer and Jack_wilds :)

Quote from: Vizoria on January 12, 2016, 07:53:19 AM
I wonder when you will be releasing them? I can imagine there must be a whole ton of lotting work to do giving the number of BATs you have created.
Quote from: compdude787 on January 14, 2016, 11:04:09 PM
when are you going to release these?!

The main sets will take a while.  (I don't know how long.)  There are a lot of foundations that need to be made as well as modding and lotting.  But, I'll be releasing some buildings here and there that don't need to be part of a set, as I go along.

So, here's another mansion with a footprint similar to the last (will share the same prop family), but this one will be part of the "New Bedford" set:

Some real-life shots from New Bedford, Massachusetts:
(Built 1820s):

(Built 1822):

(Built 1840s):

(Built 1834):

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Swordmaster

Wow! Really amazing! I'd love to take a glimpse inside those houses, you know. (The real ones, that is. I know yours aren't textured on the inside :D)

And don't worry about those impatient youngsters. We know that when it comes, it'll be very, very good.

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

Amazing!  I am envious of the two story garage... so much storage space  :D
The balcony on the second story looks really nice - I can picture one of these mansions on a hill with a picturesque view from that spot. 
As always, the color variations are phenomenal. 
That must have been quite a feat to heat these suckers back in the early 1800s. 

dyoungyn

GREAT job and attention to detail here.  It amazes me how American ingenuity is able to create more and more spacious homes on that little patch of property.  Look how they squeezed every nook and cranny for more space.

Again, GREAT JOB and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the different color variations and even though some may be the same original foot print but you added individualization of bay windows and dormers here and there; just FABULOUS.

dyoungyn

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

carlfatal

Nice to see the progress!

Although I am owner of a new computer, although I am currently playing GTA V and my beloved Skyrim again - I am always interested in your stuff here. Even if I would consider to stop playing SC4 - your thread is something more than only showing new 3D models, its about townplanning and how we would like to live. Amazing, wonderful architecture, an inspiring series. Thank You!  :)

belfastsocrates

Oh my goodness those are gorgeous!

I think I might be able to get away using these as part of a protected Georgian area in Passau. They're too beautiful to not use
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

romualdillo

Those houses look fantastic!!  &apls

compdude787

Those look nice! Crazy to think that today, houses of that size would be considered normal-sized houses for middle to upper-middle class families, rather than mansions as they were considered when built.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mattb325

These are looking splendid - I really like how the pilasters differ on the wooden and brick versions  :thumbsup:

c.p.

Thanks Simmer2, Willy, Simcoug, dyoungyn, M4346, carlfatal, belfastsocrates, romualdillo, comdude787, and mattb325

Quote from: Simcoug on January 20, 2016, 09:06:46 AM
That must have been quite a feat to heat these suckers back in the early 1800s. 
I guess they made good use of all those chimneys (unless they had whale oil furnaces)  %$payas)(

Quote from: carlfatal on January 20, 2016, 04:27:54 PM
I am always interested in your stuff here. Even if I would consider to stop playing SC4 - your thread is something more than only showing new 3D models, its about townplanning and how we would like to live. Amazing, wonderful architecture, an inspiring series. Thank You!  :)
Thanks!  Your interest and kind and thoughtful posts are always appreciated :)

For today's update, here are some semi-fictional medium wealth residentials from Dubuque, Iowa:

183 Epworth Street:

283 Epworth Street:

Real life shots from Dubuque, Iowa:

(Built 1850s):

Simcoug

Awesome!  I can never get enough R$$ houses... they tend to be my favorite, even Maxis had some great ones.
How do you find the neighborhoods that inspire your models?  Is it just random Google earth browsing, or do you have other methods?  I always like seeing the RL examples, especially how the neighborhoods are laid now after hundreds of years of changes. 

Simmer2

Great work, excellent rendition &apls I especially love the chimney work :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kbieniu7

Even though I would probaly not use them, they are marvelous models! A lot of work to made them all  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mattb325

Another lovely set of homes. The Italianate details really pop on this one  :thumbsup: