• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

They all look magnificent. You should send a bill to Maxis for such a comprehensive expansion pack  :P  :satisfied:

reddonquixote

Quote from: mattb325 on March 03, 2016, 11:56:53 AM
They all look magnificent. You should send a bill to Maxis for such a comprehensive expansion pack  :P  :satisfied:

Maxis can't afford such excellent-ness  :D :D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Missvanleider

These buildings look fantastic, can't wait for these to emerge!

dyoungyn

Stupendously REMARKABLE!! :thumbsup:  Can't wait for release.  Will these be replacing Maxis defaults?  I can realistically see, what you may call as "duplex",  as single family home as I assume they were originally built as.  I have always been fond of old homes and I agree that some of these would look FANTASTIC as a farm house.  Keep em coming and soooooooooooo looking forward to release.  &apls

c.p.

Thanks cmdp123789, mattb325, reddonquixote, Missvanleider and dyoungyn :)

Quote from: mattb325 on March 03, 2016, 11:56:53 AM
You should send a bill to Maxis for such a comprehensive expansion pack
I wish! :D

Quote from: dyoungyn on March 04, 2016, 08:04:37 AM
Will these be replacing Maxis defaults?
Nothing is replacing any Maxis buildings.  But my goal is to have a complete set of residential lots in all shapes, sizes, wealth levels and stages, for low and medium density.  So you could block all the Maxis residential lots if you wanted to, and still get low and medium density residential growth everywhere, and hopefully the neighborhoods that emerge would be interesting and unrepetitive.

So I made a lot of progress this week with foundation models.  Also, this mansion, the Burlingame Mansion, loosely based on a house in Dubuque, Iowa.  It has a footprint similar to the Bodley-Henrick Mansion and the Captain Coldwater Mansion, and will share the same building/prop family:

Real-life pics from Dubuque, Iowa:
(built in 1866):

JP Schriefer

Wow from the 1,278,245 houses that you have made these were the ones I most loved. These are very detailed. Perfect *_*

cmdp123789

Lovely mansion.. I like the front entrance a lot!

manga rivotra

feyss

Amazing work. One day, I hope to begin an american style CJ and all your work would have its place  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

It just gets better and better!! :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________

dyoungyn

I agree, "better and better" and even more BETTER.   &apls

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

carlfatal

While I made a rest from SC4...  :o  &apls &apls

I only can agree with all others, that your work is totally outstanding. Recently I´ve downloaded a first bunch of your new stuff, the mills and that, and well, I am totally lucky, cause I am still at the start of the industrialisation of my current region, that is (if I don´t count the central part of the main town) mostly developed with your houses industries and trees...  $%Grinno$%

And yeah, some farm lots with your houses... I also would like that, as I usually prefer playing in a merely rural setting.

Keep the art going on!  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

I was out of the country and missed a few of your updates so I had to catch up.  Fantastic modeling as usual, and the variety and realism of your textures are unparalleled.  I especially like the porches and balcony on your Burlingame Mansion.  5 stars!  10/10!   :thumbsup:

Shark7

Nice mansions.  The kind of place I think I'd like to live in...that is until I consider how much it would cost for heating and cooling.  ;)

I am eager for the full release of these residentials, they are all looking really nice.

c.p.

Thanks Schriefer, cmdp123789, manga rivotra, feyss, Simmer2, dyoungyn, Girafe, carlfatal, Simcoug and Shark7  :)

So I've made some modding and lotting progress (Manchester set mostly).  Not as much as I'd have liked, but enough for some screenshots:

Low density, low stage lots:

So the rocks in front of the white house/duplex got me to thinking maybe I should try making a set of rock walls.  If I make the walls, I'll probably use them on stage 1 and 2 low density lots that are at least 3 tiles deep:

The following pictures are low stage lots in medium density zones.  The houses are closer to the street (the standard W2W setback of 2 meters) compared to the low density version of the same stage lot.

Stage 4 (mostly), medium wealth, medium density:

Medium density with a mixture of $ and $$:

A couple of Stage 6 $ tenements:

Shark7

Well they look great in those screenshots.

When you say rock walls do you mean rock fences?

Mandarin(a)

vortext

Lovely lots indeed!  &apls

Wondering though: is that bright red roofed building in the third pic yours? If so, the red is really quite bright, and looks too crispy clean as well. If it's not yours, ignore this remark.  :D

The latest mansions are great btw.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *