• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Good evening (SAST this side) everyone,

I know that Brian hasn't been around since October last year, but I spent the whole day wracking my brain about this issue.

I am going to post it here in the hope that someone with a longer institutional memory may have an answer, as I don't seem to remember a discussion about this (since 2007) and can't find any information on this either.

I was busy re-lotting (basically just applying MGB's textures) to CP's 19th Century Residentials and going through the .sc4lot files in the Reader.

I picked up the following in the PNG files for two of the R$$ growables, their details below:

CP_R$$4_1x1_VictorianRowAll.sc4lot

CP_Fnd_VictorianOrtho-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x31ae913a.SC4Desc
CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat
CP_VictorianOrtho_BaronA-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0xd1addb36.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrtho_FlatBay3StoryA-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x51afeaca.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrtho_FlatBayA-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x91addba3.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrtho_FlattopA-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0xd1addbf7.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrtho_NapoleanA-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x91addbc6.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrtho_ShingleA-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x11ae9172.SC4Desc
CP_Victorian_Double_Chi-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0xCD30ff32.SC4Desc.dat

CP_R$$4_2x1_VictorianRowGableRL_RtCor_Picket

BSC MEGA Props - MJB Vol01.dat
BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01.dat
CP_Fnd_VictorianFlippedOrtho-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x51b0757c.SC4Desc
CP_Fnd_VictorianOrtho-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x31ae913a.SC4Desc
CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat
CP_VictorianOrthoFlipped_BaronC-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x51b13ab6.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrthoFlipped_NapoleanC-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x51b2c96f.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrthoFlipped_ShingleRowC-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x51b07595.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrtho_BaronA-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0xd1addb36.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrtho_NapoleanA-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x91addbc6.SC4Desc
CP_VictorianOrtho_ShingleA-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0x11ae9172.SC4Desc
CP_Victorian_Double_Chi-0x6534284a-0x0e274fb2-0xCD30ff32.SC4Desc.dat

These Victorian homes are absolutely stunning, but they reference (in the LD file) BATs (models and .desc files [italicised above]) that have, as far as I know, never been released.

Was still an oversight? Have they been released and I simply missed it? Are they available, or Brian, will they ever be?  ()what()

It seems like they were ready for release and they are simply gorgeous  :sunny:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

c.p.

Hi Marius,
I forgot about those. &mmm  I released them on the private BSC site a long time ago, but apparently not on the STEX or LEX.  So, getting those ready for final release will be a priority, hopefully in the next few weeks.  I need to do some remodding and then maybe make a few additional lots.

Thanks belfastsocrates, bombariere, comdude787, omgitskosc, Missvanleider, mattb325, metarvo, and Baltimore for your comments (more than 10 months ago!)

I haven't given up on my main project, though it's been slowed down a bit by RL.  I've made some tiny bits of progress here and there over the past several months, so I actually have a few updates worth of new buildings to show, (which isn't much for 10+ months, but it's better than nothing.)  I don't have time for an actual update now with pictures, but one is coming relatively soon. :)

APSMS

Very good to hear from you Brian!

I'm sure we'll all be more than ready for that update when you get around to writing it, but of course RL always comes first. Thanks for tuning us in, and I'll look forward to using those older lots once you have them packaged. Hopefully you're doing well otherwise.

-Absalom
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

manga rivotra

I was afraid we lost another of the great masters of this game. It's really great news to see you come back.  :bnn:

c.p.

Thanks Absalom and manga rivotra for the welcome back.  :)

I've made some progress on the victorian houses Marius was asking about.  I've made "abandoned" versions of all of the models, and have remodded most of the props to "abandon".  So mostly what is left is lotting/relotting and testing.

Also, regarding my main project: I'm happily surprised to discover that I've got enough new building models for several more updates, not just a few.  So expect a bunch of updates in the coming weeks. ;D

As promised, here is an actual update with pictures.  It is a smallish R$$$ house closely based on the Colby Mansion in Waterbury, Vermont.  Supposedly, this was one of the finest mansions in all of Vermont when it was built.  (I read that somewhere online so it must be true. ::) )

Ortho:

FAR:

The real-life Colby Mansion (built in 1870):

bombardiere

Really great.  &apls

I have just begun 1890 Chicago style city. (Well the Chicago) And your buildings and lots are the core of the city. Hardly a surprise. :D Thank you for your work and your sharing.  :thumbsup:

Just if you could do small commercial to match your residential and industry. ;)

Tyberius06

I can't wait to take a closer look at these houses (and your previous ones as well). They are so nice.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

carlfatal

Hey Brian,
you maybe think, you´re slow but in fact - does time count in such a project? I love to see the progress and more - the facts and informations about the originals. I like your love for architectural history, and I learned a lot while reading here.
SC4 isn´t young anymore, nobody needs to rush to become a famous creator. The ones playing it today will play it in 10 years too, veterans and passionates. I think, we all can wait, we know you!  &apls &apls &apls
If else then I have to apologize for my long absence here...  $%Grinno$%

Missvanleider

They're gorgeous! I can only agree with the other comments, it is wonderful you returned.

Simmer2

Great to see you back Brian!  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

c.p.

Thanks bombardiere, Tyberius, carlfatal, Missvanleider, and Simmer2  :)

carlfatal: I'm in no rush or in any kind of race against time or anything.  I'd just like to get some things done, for the sake of getting them done (but without compromising my original idea too much, if possible).  If I come across as impatient, (and I don't feel like I'm that impatient) then maybe that's the reason.  Anyway, I'm happy to see you're still here at SC4D.  I very much appreciate your interest in my architectural ramblings. :thumbsup:

For today's update, here's a low wealth tenement building, the Hildreth Apartments.  To be part of the Manchester set:

Some real-life shots from Manchester, Somersworth, Dover, Lowell and Nashua, New Hampshire.  A lot of these buildings look like they could potentially be from the mid-1800s, but probably some are later (late 1800's).  If so, they're pretty much indistinguishable from mid-1800's buildings, which is good enough for my purposes:

Silur

Excellent collection of buildings. This is a pearl for any city. Such beautiful roofs and facades  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Amazing as usual  &apls &apls

They are screaming for some custom lotting  ;D

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

deora

I always enjoy looking at those precious BATs of yours c.p.,and these are no exeption.
The Colby Mansion looks great,and it seems that it had quite a few Repaintings in real Life,too.
The Hildreth Apartments look great,must be interesting to live in one of those old Houses nowadays,and wow,i would kill for such a Balcony.

carlfatal

Quote from: c.p. on March 20, 2017, 08:43:56 PM
I'd just like to get some things done, for the sake of getting them done (but without compromising my original idea too much, if possible).
Don´t remind me on this... :-\
But I indeed would love to start a game mostly with your 19th century BATs, although a visit in your thread always leads to long excursions in google maps and architectural sites. So for me both of your work is worth every time I can spend for. Like the new pictures for example, - like deora said about the balconies.
Precious is the right word. This new BAT, and the pictures of the -smaller- RL pendants are perfect examples for: A house is more than a shelter. The last picture - I would definately love to live there. Very nice!

Quote from: c.p. on March 20, 2017, 08:43:56 PMAnyway, I'm happy to see you're still here at SC4D.  I very much appreciate your interest in my architectural ramblings. :thumbsup:
Thank you, it feels good to be not forgotten.  :)

Simcoug

So happy to see new updates Brian!  We just moved to Wisconsin back in June of last year so I've been busy with RL and haven't been able to spend much time with my favorite hobby.  I do try to check up here once in a while and seeing your new work made my week  :thumbsup:
I'll definitely be checking more regularly now that you have some updates in store  ;)
Keep up the awesome work!

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

c.p.

Thanks Silur, Simmer2, deora, carlfatal, Simcoug(!), and Akallan :)

Matt (Simcoug): A great surprise to see you here again. :thumbsup:  Also, I'm happy to see you still referring to SC as your "favorite hobby" (even if you don't have a lot of time to devote to it at the moment).

Progress update on the Victorian houses Marius was asking about: I've made most of the extra lots made I wanted to make.  Still need to do testing and fix any problems I find, figure out the dependencies for the dependency list, get some screenshots, write the readme, etc.

For today's update on my main project, here are yet again more houses for the Manchester set.  These are R$$ houses.  The first is pretty generic, and actually turned out looking more late-19th century-ish than a mid-19th century-ish, but whatever.  The second is based on a particular house in Keene, New Hampshire.

146 Keene Street:

246 Keene Street:

Some real-life shots from Franklin, Concord, and Keene, New Hampshire:

Tyberius06

Oh yeah!
More houses from you, great to see you again with these beautys!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

More greatness &apls

You should come up to my area (Toronto GTA) We are having a serious housing issue, very small inventory of houses for sale, which are driving the prices astronomically.

I can already see the words on your construction business signs: C.P. Homes - Buy three get one for free

Nick