• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Beautiful (as always)! I especially like the Manchester set....your W.I.P. Bat pile must be a mile high by now  :)

c.p.

Thanks Fred, Matt, Absalom, Lars, Nick and Matt :)

Quote from: Simcoug on May 05, 2017, 07:07:27 PM
I've played around with lotting some of your FAR stuff (top of pic) and while tricky at first, I'm happy with the results.  The lack of FAR props has really been the limiting factor.  In any case, let me know if you would like any help in that area.
Yeah those look pretty good, especially the backyards.  At the moment there isn't much that can be done with the fronts (off the edge of the lot), which is why I'm making the offset props.  And thanks for the offer of help. At some point, when I'm more organized I might take you up on that (if you're still interested). But anyway keep up with what you're doing. :thumbsup:

Quote from: mattb325 on May 12, 2017, 02:36:57 PM
your W.I.P. Bat pile must be a mile high by now  :)
Embarrassingly so :-[

For today's update, here are pictures of a few FAR/Diagonal lots using the the new offset fence, driveway and walkway props, so you can maybe get a rough idea of what I am trying to do.  I'm also planning to do some offset car props, and some offset tree/shrub props eventually.
The fence props come in white, black, gray and reddish-brown, and are also modded to show an "abandoned" version (ususally missing rails or broken down) when the lot abandons but I didn't think to test those when I was running the game, so no pics of the abandoned fences yet.

Here's an FA-2 lot (it wasn't intended for the curve so just imagine the road is straight there):

The lots at the bottom of this next pic are diagonal, including the one with the swimming pool.  The lot at the top was actually designed for a different curve, but it still looks OK there, in my opinion.  The walkway texture is intended to match vortext's brick texture, and the driveway, one of vortext's cobblestone textures.  I also intend to do some driveways with the maxis asphalt and possibly concrete, and vortext's brick, and walkways with the game's sidewalk texture.

I'm quite happy with how this little FA-3 corner lot looks, so far:

Here is another view of it, showing some more unfinished FA-3 lots across the street.  The white cobblestone driveway is actually 3 narrow offset driveway props side-by-side:

This is just a gratuitous pretty picture :D:

mattb325

Wow. Just wow: you've really pushed the boundaries of in-game realism.

It's like looking at Bing or satellite imagery...especially that second last picture  &apls

Silur

Congratulations. This work is of the highest quality. I get pleasure from these paintings.  &apls &apls &apls

vester

WoW! Amazing, nothing less than that.  &apls &apls &apls

A second I was thinking, what game is this.

reddonquixote

Beautiful! As much as I enjoy looking at the modelling renders, (and I've run out of ways to compliment those) they really come to life in a game setting. Truly wonderful work  &apls &apls 
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

noahclem

Grid-breaking is among the most useful things we can hope for from new custom content and you've got that in spades here  :o  Those in-game shots are just stunning and the effort and ingenuity you've put into these is clearly visible and massively helpful. Don't worry about that to-release pile, whatever you're doing now just keep doing it ;)

carlfatal

Oh, I missed a few updates...

Like always wonderful buildings and really nice models but I definately love 145 Viles Place. Away from that my Sims eventually started building the houses from your last uploaded Victorian set, it´s a pleasure to see them loving the houses as much as the people here do, thanks again.  ;D

The ingame shots are awesome, the corner lot is  :o. Like Noah said, especially your thoughts and work for FAR-orientated lots and such for curves is extraordinary.  &apls

metarvo

Incredible.  Simply incredible.  :thumbsup:  The inclusion of diagonal and FA driveways goes a long way!  Great!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Baltimore

Wow , they look so good in game . No doubt , like satellite imagery . 
AKA raynev1 @Simtropolis
See what I'm into when I'm not playing Simcity4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2BmSZmH0YW7U6TithLBsQ

Vizoria

:bnn: :bnn: :bnn:

Incredible!

What you now need is some FA fillers for fencing at the back of these FA homes.

praiodan

Once more I wonder, what the old SC4 developers would think if they saw all this brilliant development, or if they, too, wondered, what new, impressive game this is.  &apls

Simcoug

These offset FAR props will open up a whole new world of possibilities for FAR lotting  &apls
Can't wait to get creative in the LE  ;D

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

c.p.

Thanks mattb325, Silur, vester, reddonquixote, noahclem, carlfatal, metarvo, Baltimore, Vizoria, praiodan, Simcoug and Simmer2 :)

Quote from: Vizoria on May 15, 2017, 05:13:53 AM
What you now need is some FA fillers for fencing at the back of these FA homes.
Yes, definitely. :thumbsup:

So these are some totally fictional residential buildings for the Manchester set, intended for Stage 6 lots.  I made them more than two years ago and still haven't brought them into the game, which shows how excited I am about them. :D  But sometimes things look better in-game than just the models by themselves, so maybe that will be the case here.  I made them in both low wealth and medium wealth versions (not all variations are shown).  The Fletcher Apartments is actually two models that can slide up and down against each other, to conform better to the slope of the lot, since it's a pretty long building (almost 3 tiles).

Tyberius06

Nice-nice, very nice! I can't wait for the upload :)  &apls &apls &apls  :popcorn:
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mattb325

Very nice new set of apartments - I love the texturing! :thumbsup:

Simcoug

Fiction can be fun too.  The Fletcher buildings will be especially fun to stretch out some city blocks.   :thumbsup:

Baltimore

They're awesome , awaiting to see them lotted and uploaded . The textures look great .
AKA raynev1 @Simtropolis
See what I'm into when I'm not playing Simcity4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2BmSZmH0YW7U6TithLBsQ

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________