• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

He has been doing this at least in the last couple of years. He showes up, showcase some/a lot of pictures about the upcoming houses than disappear for months or a year than coming back. I think eventually we will see those buildings in game... :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

c.p.

Sorry this project is going so slowly.  It's not dead, however.  I just haven't had much time over the past several months.  In the past week, I've been getting back into it somewhat.  Mostly I've been working on my plugins, installing stuff and getting dependencies up to speed so I can re-acquaint myself with the game.  But over the next couple of months I intend to make some progress on this project.

Thanks to all who commented.  :)  In one way or another, I'll eventually be uploading all this stuff to the LEX.  Hopefully in a finished state, but if I finally decide I can't finish it, I'll at least dump what I've managed to get done to the LEX for others to do with it as they will.

So, to make an update out of this post, here are some diagonal and new ortho versions of buildings I had only made ortho versions of previously:

Hooksett Apartments ($):

Burque Apartments ($):

bladeberkman

You're back!!! :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: It's good to know you're still out there somewhere. I appreciate the quality of your work and am glad to know your project won't wind up in a didn't-make-it thread. :) These look great and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you're up to.

mattb325

It's good to see you back and I love the subtlety of the R$ sets  :thumbsup: Winter must have arrived where you are if you are back at the bat  :D

reddonquixote

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Tyberius06

Quote from: c.p. on January 13, 2018, 04:16:31 PM
Sorry this project is going so slowly.  It's not dead, however.

I didn't mean to offend you! I hope you know that! What I meant to tell, that there will be a time when you release them, not sooner and not even later and that's right! When ever they are ready, or you have time! :D
Amazing houses again, so many really nice things are going on lately and your modells are always beautiful and much waited! :)

Thanks in advance your work on these! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

manga rivotra

It's always a pleasure to see you back.  :) And rest assured, we can be patient, especially as your way of doing lots is very smart and makes your already beautiful creations even more useful and unique ! I love these new R$ apartments  :thumbsup:

jaredh

These houses are awesome.

Welcome back.

Glenni

Man, I just love these house and apartment sets, It's great to see you're still at it!

AsimPika3172

Nice building! Keep moving forward!  :thumbsup: &apls :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!

T Wrecks

Okay, I hate to bump this topic, and I realise that my chances are slim... However, I'm going to try my luck nonetheless. Here we go:

I'm currently re-lotting your Early 19th Century medium houses as I'm rebuilding my plugins suite. I have weeded out a lot of old stuff, but your creations withstood the test of time incredibly well, so they are a staple in my plugins folder.

However, during lotting I noticed that one foundation fails to show up - it's the one for the narrow Greek Revival houses with the entrance stairs at the right-hand side (when looking at the building).

The Lot Editor shows a blue box there, so you clearly didn't forget to lot them. However, I don't see an IID when I click the prop box. By tearing apart a lot in the LE and in iLive's Reader in parallel, I could eliminate all existing props and textures, and only one line in the Lot Exemplar remained that was associated to a prop or prop family that I couldn't find - it points to the IID 0xCDB00059. I assume this is a prop family. However, said family does not exist in the list of prop families the LE offers me. There is 0xCDB00058 and 0xCDB0005A, but not the one right inbetween.

I also examined the contents of the file "CP_Early19thCent_MedHse_models.dat" (I re-downloaded to make sure there were no updates or file corruption, and my file is from April 07, 2007, 23:52, and is 3,988 kB). I could not find any FSH or S3D that belonged to this kind of foundation, and no prop exemplar that pointed to the building/prop family 0xCDB00059.

Therefore I'm guessing that the prop was present when you made and lotted these, but for some reason neither the model itself nor its prop exemplar found its way into the dependency file. Case in point: The right-hand screenshot on the LEX page shows one of the narrow houses that I mean (the one in the foreground), and it has the stairs at the right-hand side, and it shows a foundation just fine.

Would there be any chance this model is still floating around somewhere on your HD? It's not a big deal, but since these houses are so great, especially for slopes, it would sure be great if all the foundations worked. Otherwise I'll just re-lot to those houses that use the flipped foundation with the stairs on the left. Or does anybody else have any pointers? Maybe the problem is on my end, after all.

Since I'm writing here anyway, please allow me to join all the others in saying that all the buildings you have been showcasing here look mouthwatering, and I hope they will make it to the exchange in some way. Wherever you are and whatever you do, I hope you're well, and I'd like to thank you for all the fun I've had with your creations.  &apls

EDIT

Never mind, the problem just solved itself: As it turns out, the missing foundation is included in your latest Victorian houses upload - it WAS the prop family I mentioned, and now that it's there, it also shows up for the old Greek Revival houses. So if anybody has the same problem, just download both house sets - you won't regret it because they are both breathtakingly beautiful.

I just cheat-plopped the new ones to check them out, and they are to die for. Thank you for all these little gems, and sorry for interrupting this thread.

c.p.

So, it's been a while . . .
After a long break, I've made a little progress on this project lately.  A lot of the work remaining is prop dependencies (for the lotting).  I've already made a bunch of cars and fences, and am working on commercial signs.  (For making rural commercial lots using some of the houses.)  I have a lot of work left to do on tree/shrub props.  The good news is the R$ building models for the Manchester set are nearly done.
Speaking of which, here is a new one: 234 Tilton Ave:

mattb325

Welcome back, CP! I'm so glad to see you...it has been a bit empty in the bsc team room this last year  :D

Silur

This miracle happened - there he is again!  &apls &apls &apls

fantozzi

I would watch less playmates on the internet if you would post more often.

Those bats are so admirable sexy.

c.p.

Thanks guys :)

Here's something a little different I'm working on right now. Hopefully it's obvious what it's supposed to be:

Simcoug

mattb325

These look brilliant...are they your first HD models?

PaPa-J

Love the sand dunes.  The barns and house look great as well.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Simmer2

Well well well  &apls

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________