• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Elk River Lodge

Started by D66, August 29, 2013, 10:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D66

This is my next project. I think I'm done with the model but haven't textured it yet. All comments and suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated  ;D

Simcoug

That barn looking roof gives it a neat flair.   &apls

what about some small single cabins?  Combined with your new lodges, we could create our own mountain retreat  :thumbsup:

D66

Thank you and great idea. I do believe I made some small cabins 7 yrs ago but could make smaller ones too :) Not sure which prop pack they are in though :(

D66

Have done some texturing today  ;D. All comments and suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Mr.Lin

THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

D66

Other than nite lighting, I do believe I am done with this one. Any and all suggestions or comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Girafe

It's good. I think you are fine with the colors.  Just an IG shot will confirm that.

;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

It looks great!  :thumbsup:

Though as a general suggestion: ditch the trees. Nowadays many players prefer to 'paint' scenery with seasonal mmps. Especially around lodges like yours which I'd imagine would be surrounded with nature, the evergreen trees would be somewhat of an eyesore during autumn and winter.

Other than that I'm happy to see you back again!  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

D66

Thank you  ;D  I have added nite lights :)

Simcoug

Great!  The textures look wonderful.  I also agree with vortext about the trees - I would leave them out, or perhaps do a second version without the trees in order to give the player more flexibility. 

D66

I have removed all trees except for the one up front :) Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I will be rendering it soon and sending over to Barby for lotting :)

cogeo

Mmmm, I think the reds in the wood texture(s) are a bit emphasized. Did you apply the colour correction process described in gascooker's tutorial? If not, send me the texture (I can change it in minutes and send it back to you), just to see the difference.

D66

The log siding or the deck texture?  No I haven't used the tutorial because I don't have PS and wouldn't know how to even if I did  :(

whatevermind

Looks great! My only comment was to leave the trees out to be added later in LE, but it sounds like you did that already.  ;D