• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

Simcoug

Quote from: xannepan on December 04, 2013, 02:18:18 AM
Here is a preview of the result of a pebble paint and brown surface water brush lots, combined with a few MMP rocks.

Really impressive work - this opens a new options for nature detailing!   &apls

NCGAIO

The heli_closetoground is slightly larger than three tiles and thus appears over the  canal walls of  this size, beyond which is also set for water level, which in this case is wasteful processing as it would be used only over plans texture.

Really the ideal effect would be a sparkles_of_pufication just a little bigger than the original two tiles but it gets very dark on Simgoober texture and in this case would only serve to Call_G texture

click to enlarge

I just used the "heli_cl .." for the  post about  canal just because of the color but if you do the modification of "sparkles_of_purification" to serve in both textures then this would be the best option.

It reminded me of this post on the subject of bit 17 / 18 for "only"  water or terrain and as we can see above a word "only"  appears is not be appropriate.

So, not wanting to abuse the good will if you could make a change for those strings in the Post also act in both situations would be doubly grateful

Txs, Txs, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xannepan

Okay. I understand the part of the size. Should not be a problem. I can also make sure the effects can appear both on water and on land.
I have two more questions.
- about the sparklesofpurification: do you want the sparkles or the darker texture? Or both?
- do you want the darker texture of the sparkles effect to be lighter?

NCGAIO

;D Ok! Images are worth a thousand words ... my fault :thumbsdown:

click to enlarge

The color of the texture on the effect is useful when used to texture Call_G but it is too dark for the Simgoober.

The "sparkles"  are unnecessary or could be reduced because  are very unreal.

With the effects of drag which are mentioned in the previous post the functional navigation over canals could be more realistic and attract more use than just eye-candy.

xannepan

Okay. I will see what I can do.
In the mean time I already tried to mod the heliclosetoground effect. But unfortunately this was no success :(
The effect "footprint"/size is very difficult to control and it will take me days to mod (time that I don't have :( )
Also on top of the water surface it looks horrible, basically because it is a FSH based effect in section 1, and not in section 2. Section 2 fishes are "projected" on the water surface. Section 1 FSH effects are not. When displayed on terrain the opacity is just right, so you don't see the glitches that you get when displaying on water.

I will now have a look at the sparkles... let's hope it will work better.

xannepan

Hi NCGAIO,
I have modded the sparkles effect. I split the sparkles from the darker shimmer color. (Effect_jenx_sparkles and Effect_jenx_shimmer). Footprint is increased to approximately 3x3 tiles. I had to adjust the color and opacity of the "shimmer" effect to make it look better. I also included the wake and wash effects.  All effects work now on land and water.

I did not include test lots, so those you will have to create yourself in the reader.

Pls test it and let me know if this is what you meant:)

By the way. Poseidon will also include and optional bridge wash replacement mod (for all bridges) with a wash/wake effect that better fits the ripple generator.

-Alex

NCGAIO

I'll test as soon as possible!

the image that lacked above.

xannepan

First Beta is on the LEX  :P

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3077

Next effect dir project: OLORIN

NCGAIO

()stsfd() In the first place my thanks for your attention and I apologize for being slow to respond although the reason is the same as always RL.

Now what interests ... I understand your explanation of the reasons that led him to editing sparkles beyond simply the size.

Had suggested exactly that so it could be used to both canal textures , but unless I missed something, the result is almost imperceptible when applied to textures.

Then i returned to test without background textures and the result was as seen below

For that reason  would be useful for me know the texture that you used to visualize them so try  understand what is the problem

Regarding the effects of trawling they behave well

Also did not understand the suggestion of lots for testing the effects as props since that way they would be only stationary effects  thus would be useful only for pictures of boats in CJs or as effects on other applications.

The intention was to use them exactly as they are used in the game for water automata (REGP) but for automata over the  terrain texture the same way as does the "steamtrainsmoke" that we mentioned before.

But as the name of the strings was different became necessary editing the section in S3D model and for some reason it did not work then if you could do a test in the game using the original name of the strings in the modified effect would be very useful to know if would work in this case and reason to look at the problem of editing strings .

All in good time, of course! ... so to speak, once you have a little break  :D

xannepan

Ah... I understand better now. We are getting there :)

A few more questions.

I changed the color of the texture to white. Can you please test on a canal water surface instead without background texture. If that doesn't look good, I will change the color again.

For the canal automata: where can I download the automata? Or are the standard part of the game?  (I never used the canals before).

FYI: I renamed the wash/wake effects because for POSEIDON I have created an replacement mod, which may conflict with what you are asking :P
What is the exact name of the effects included in the REGP sections?

NCGAIO

I used the image of canal automata just as a example  but the test was done in modifying the original automatas in regp section to match the names of the strings to the effect that you used.

It was this change that did not work it seems to me because of flaws in editing but I'm not 100% sure of it

As for the strings do not think there can be conflicts while preserving the original names since that  water automatos of the  game will never appear on earth  but if this is your concern then you same can do the  tests.

In  "reader" images  below are three originals models with effects on regp section as  will be able to see the right.

click to enlarge

After enabling effect for both situations the rest could be just like you did with the taxiway at the airport mod for creating a dat models with TGIs modified along with a plopavel that spawn on a path.

Now if not want  to have all this work could  replace the TGIs models using any civic model that is spawned with a building as the police station for example:

van: 5AD0E817 BADB57F1 108C0000 -  car: 5AD0E817 BADB57F1 10640000

In case of problems with the depth in displacement could try to raise the S3D (SC4 Model Tweaker) though this is precisely the doubts that I quoted in previous post  if some effects really may or may not be displaced in depth in relation to terrain textures.

Certainly i will test the mod textures as soon as possible  &mmm    :(  only regret that when we are finally paying attention to this, it is precisely in this time of the year when the time gets scarce for me.

But do not forget the matter because I'll stick around! :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

On a different note, I wanted to see if you know what is going on with the medieval civics shown in the picture below. There are no dependencies and this is the first time I have ever seen this happen.

Do you know what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

xannepan

NCGAIO: that helps! I will see what I can do. I am starting a new job next year so I also expect to have very little time for SC4 :(

Schulmanator: it is a texture ID conflict with the old version of the quais de seine. If you remove the old version of the quais completely and instal the new ones the issue should be solved. Hope that will work for you.

swordstalker2008

swordstalker2008

I did have a problem with your water mod though.... It just has different shades of blue with no real texture. What did I do wrong there?

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Shroud

That waterfall looks awesome!

swordstalker2008

This is the issue I was talking about...

xannepan

Swordstalker, the ripples will be generated only after plopping one or more ripple generator lots (see readme). Therefor the watersurface itself has no texture, just the blue color as shown in your picture. I do expect you have a graphic card setting issue. It doesn't look like you have set it to 32-bit color depth. If you have, then please not that for some graphic cards the game resets to 16-bit color depth when running in full screen mode. In that case try to run the game in windowed mode. In summary, set the graphics card to 32-bit, plop the generator lots.

swordstalker2008

Thank you for the response. I checked to make sure it was set to 32 bit and it is. Not seeing any ripples when I plop the generators. Im gonna try to figure out how to run in windowed mode to see if that fixes it.