• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

xannepan

Windows mode will not help in showing the ripples. make sure you plop the ripple generator lot, not the single ripple lot.
Also have a look at your games graphic settings and make sure every option (except for shadows) is set to high .
Hope that works :)

And... The ripples are subtle and take about ten seconds to generate a stable pattern

mr_hellmonkey

Edit:   Figured it out, I did not have the extra cheats dll installed.  Now its working.  Just updating incase anyone else is having the same problem.

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I cannot get the weather mod to work properly.  All I am getting is a lightning storm that starts on October 1st.  I have not gotten any rain, snow, fog, or any other effects.  I did let the game run for over 20 years on turtle speed.  I have tried destructive and non destructive .dats and both lots.  I thought it might have been a plugin conflict, so I removed all plugins and used only this mod and it still would not work.  I also tried the commands to force the weather and those would not work either.  Is there something I am missing or some dependency I might not have?  Do I need the extra cheats .dll?

mr_hellmonkey

Spoke too early.  The extra cheats.dll lets me manually turn effects on or off, but the seasons/weather wont change.  I just get the lightning storm in October still.  Any ideas on what I can try?  Ive tried having this be the only mod on m plugins folder.

mr_hellmonkey

OMFG...   Tried this at work on a different computer and it works just fine.  Both games are the steam version, but have over 2 GB of buildings and mods.  I hate when stuff like this happens.  I do a lot of programming at work and stuff like this drives me up the wall...  Im not blaming you Alex, just venting in general. 

Anyway, the only difference is that at work,  the game and plugins are on the same drive.  At home I have an SSD, so the game is on that, but My docs is on my data drive.  Im going to try moving the my docs/sc4 back to the C drive and see if that fixes it.  If not, im gonna pull my hair out trying to figure this out.

cmdp123789

Well, to be honest, I have the same problem. Nothing shows up... couple of clouds and thats it. I have everything on the same drive and stuff... it just wont work... so any tips would br great on this

mr_hellmonkey

Quote from: cmdp123789 on January 23, 2014, 03:03:38 PM
Well, to be honest, I have the same problem. Nothing shows up... couple of clouds and thats it. I have everything on the same drive and stuff... it just wont work... so any tips would br great on this

I made a bit of progress.  I created a new account but did not copy over anything.  I launched sc4 and it was a clean install.  I copied the weather mod files to the new account plug-ins folder and viola, weather.  Im have no idea what is broken in my account so Im probably just going to remake it.  However, I have to go to work, so I will update either later on tonight or sometime tomorrow.

mr_hellmonkey

Well...

Good news/bad news.  Good news, I figured it out.  The bad news is a city in the region was causing the issue, so I had to wipe the city.  Not sure what was wrong with it, but now its working.

woodb3kmaster

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, Alex, but there seems to be a problem with the tree props on the Place Hotel de Ville and Jardin du Luxembourg lots. Since installing the updated version of the Quais de Seine, A lot of them have disappeared from the Jardin du Luxembourg, while the winter versions of the trees on the Place Hotel de Ville have been replaced by brown boxes. I suspect that you changed the IIDs of at least some of the tree props when you re-rendered them, resulting in this new incompatibility. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who would appreciate updated versions of the lots in question, with only the new versions of your awesome trees. :)

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

NCGAIO

If this receiving notifications from a peek at the Tropod tool ...

()stsfd() - SC4Reader Tool

A real hand on the wheel to test the parameters ... ...

xannepan

Found a bit of time to create a new effect. The Geneva fountain or jet d'eau.
Busy time ahead at work again next few months so it will take quite some time to fine tune and upload etc.
-Alex

Glazert

Well, that certainly puts existing fountains in the shade! Look forward to it. I wonder how i can plan a suitably spectacular city setting worthy of it . . .

FrankU

Indeed a stunning fountain! This is a real one.  &apls

noahclem

Outstanding work  &apls &apls  Looks great already!

xannepan

making my own.... (don't like the maxis one)

Glazert

It has an attention to detail which the Maxis one lacks by comparison.

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

belfastsocrates

Superb! The detail on this, and all your work, is truly fantastic. It's a joy to use your creations.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

xannepan

I have got a few things in store.
First : urban renewal in Paris... Les grand moulins... playing around with reflection maps a bit.

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog