• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

cmdp123789

Wow! it looks really good  &apls  Have you ever considered doing Lafayette Gallery?

xannepan

Revisiting the Quais de Seine (once again) and creating some expansion pieces

xannepan

day

art128

Restaurants and clubs are a nice idea for the Quai de Seine. :)

I also like the night view of the Grands Moulins. What are they gonna be ingame? IRL it's part of Paris' University.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mgarcia

Wow - another update of the Quais de Seine.....wow   $%Grinno$% :o  I am sure it has great addons.  The image you showcased is wonderful.

Mr.Lin

THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

cmdp123789

Hey.. So I know you are probably working on the quais.. but I was just browsing the different exchanges to download something, and that something is a must in any Euro city, which is Cathdrals. For some reason, the only version available for the St. Paul's Cathedral is underscaled and doesnt look good.

I know that you probably have some projects in mind, but on the other hand, your technique for this kind of buildings is impeccable... is there any chance you could BAT it??

mgb204

I've only recently download the Quais De Seine, so it's great to see these new pieces, they will surely make a great addition to a fantastic set.

What I'd really love to see is a mirrored version of the steps shown here:

This would allow for steps to go down from right to left on the other side of a bridge like above. In any case I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the end.

marbour

I've been having trouble with your JENXAIRPORT Firestation as it is missing the ground texture, i've been trying to find the solution for weeks now and altough i have found people with the same issue i've never found the cause or the solution can someone help please?

vester

With no pictures of the problem people can only guess what is up.

One way of solving a problem that you are descriping could be go into underground mode and back to normal mode (water pipes / underground network)
and live with you have to that...

...another way is to open the lot in the Lot Editor (Maxis or PIM-X) and add the texture yourself.

vortext

Cross checked the texture ID with the existing ranges and turns out they're found in shokthrpy's parking pack, which is missing from the dependency list.

On a sidenote, I second mgb204's suggestion for mirrored stairs.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

pxljce

Not sure if the texture in the attached image issupposed to be there and just hidden with some creative mmp's or if I'm doing something wrong. The height that they're sitting on is 45m based on suggestions seen in other posts. And I've made sure all the dependencies are correct and run cleanitol to remove all the old bits replaced by the dependencies. Also made sure nothing is in my plugins from the old walls. Experimented with a whole truckload of different heights and nope, no go, that texture keeps poking out at me. In mgb204's post above I think I can see the sandstone texture poking out as well on the side. Any suggestions?

noahclem

I think that's normal behavior for those walls. You can prevent the texture showing at the sides by placing 90 degree corner pieces and prevent it showing at the bottom by using them with water or on a shorter slope (maybe try 30m). The base texture can be completely removed using reader (and perhaps the PIM-X LE which I'm unfortunately not familiar with) though it's a bit of a hassle.

pxljce

Thanks, I'll mess around with water opacity/height/mmp's to get it right. Tried taking out the base texture in reader (attached image), seems sidewalk and the texture underneath are one and the same. Such purty walls though it's worth it.

vortext

Hm no, those are not the same textures. My guess is you inadvertently deleted some of the sidewalk props as well. For the textures only delete the lines which start with 0x00000002.
time flies like a bird

mgb204

That screen shot was from my first proper use of these walls, I spent a lot of time making sure of the exact depth of both the walls and the riverbed was consistent. Using the TerrainQuery tool from Buggi's ExtraCheats.dll you can check the exact height, I used 231m for the riverbed and 270m for the embankment here.

I'm trying to work out exactly which part you are unhappy with, do you mean the sidewalk texture that aligns with the face of the wall? If that wasn't there then it would make the edges look more open since the model doesn't include the inner-parts that you wouldn't usually see but would need to be there in real life. If this is your problem, I think you need to look at how you transition from the Quais to avoid this showing but I wouldn't consider it a glitch or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure you can't remove the base texture having tired it, previously plopped lots still show everything whereas new lots don't have any of the walkways, so somehow this must be connected to the model pieces or this behaviour would be different.

Whilst I'm here, I had another idea for a useful new piece, how about Diagonal Under bridge lots for use with DBE Bridges?

vortext

Quote from: mgb204 on February 04, 2015, 10:13:09 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't remove the base texture having tired it, previously plopped lots still show everything whereas new lots don't have any of the walkways, so somehow this must be connected to the model pieces or this behaviour would be different.

()what()

Just re-downloaded the set to make sure my previous tinkering wasn't interfering and deleted the base texture from lots without any problem. Granted you have to re-plop the pieces which is a bit odd but other than that the sidewalks show just fine, which is not surprising since they're actually props.
time flies like a bird

mgb204

Not sure what we're doing differently here, I took out all the textures in the Reader, perhaps that's the problem, but I swear that's all I removed and the top sidewalk part on mine is then missing?

vortext

Quote from: mgb204 on February 04, 2015, 12:10:35 PM
I took out all the textures in the Reader, perhaps that's the problem

That's not it either as I took 'm out in the Reader, too. Very strange indeed.  ???
time flies like a bird

pxljce

Yeah I also gave it a try again and made sure I only removed the base texture (0x00000002) in Reader and not any props -- plopped, and same as before -- no walkway. Puzzlement.

@mgb204: Thanks, I'll try the height suggestion. But it would be great if I could figure out how to remove that base texture without the walkways going byebye.