• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

Une_ame

"..Also I hope intuitively we have taken the same sidewalk distance for the diagonal wall to wall. "

Xannepan, Porkie send me an e-mail explaining that he plans to start releasing his new BATs on the STEX this week-end ()stsfd(), maybe you can e-mail him something to check if yours sidewalk distances are the same ?

Keep going :thumbsup:.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

N1_2888

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

iamgoingtoeatyou

thundercrack83

This is fantastic news! I can't wait to download them! Excellent work, xannepan! Excellent work!

xannepan

Quote from: Une_ame on January 25, 2008, 11:36:30 AM
"..Also I hope intuitively we have taken the same sidewalk distance for the diagonal wall to wall. "

Xannepan, Porkie send me an e-mail explaining that he plans to start releasing his new BATs on the STEX this week-end ()stsfd(), maybe you can e-mail him something to check if yours sidewalk distances are the same ?

Already done that  ;) ... I can confirm he will start releasing his first building soon. He never actually measured the sidewalk distance, so I'll just wait until he releases his buildings. For me it will not be that difficult to make adjustments if needed.

In the mean time the BSC team is still working on TE-ing the Bourse lot. Aftetr that's done I can work on some more diagonals.

Une_ame

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Hogmeister

Xannepans buildings are always a must have and these will be no exception  :thumbsup:
Building Better Buildings Better

Krio

Xannepan, I appreciate that you keep my work as needed as your, but if I'm honest I have only 3 bats which can compete with yours: Sokos Hakaniemi, Helsinki City Hall and Erottaja Metrostation. Maybe Annankatu-bats are also as realistic as yours, but you beat me in every field of batting  &apls

xannepan

Bvd St Germain 280, another corner building in progress... this time without shop windows as requested  ;D.
By the way: looking back I'm not so sure this is the right choice for a corner building. As this is a diagonal building it does not make sens to make a growable out of it. So this wil probably be a plopable and we all know by now the probblem with plopping residential buildings... we'll see how to solve that.

Although I do have quite some time to work on this progress is tremendously slow... don't know why  but I spent much more time to get this right then I normally do. Maybe also because I lack quality pictures of all angles and improvising is difficult once you started out from pictures.

If you look at the picture you see a ''trick'' I apply for efficient modelling. I have one ''window'' model which contains the window frame, the blinds, curtains + the window glass. I the first stages of the model I apply these same structures to all windows. Only in the final phase I randomly delete most of the blinds, most of the curtains etc. This works very efficient. Also cool to see that once you delete many of the blinds the building really comes to live.

Adept2Rock

So beautiful picture!  &apls :thumbsup: Good luck!
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

N1_2888

As far as I know there is still no possibility for creating plopable Res-buildings in a way that works.  &mmm
But the building is as superb as usual.  ;)
Maybe it could be modded as office building ...

Orthogonal BATs without shops - that would be great (made in the sizes I mentioned before ...).
E.g. if you reduce the depth of "Quai Anatole France" it would perfectly fit on a 3x2-lot.

I hope I'm not too ... er ... unverschämt  $%Grinno$%
(a lot of translations are possible - I don't know which is the most suitable: http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=on&search=unversch%E4mt&relink=on).

simdad1957

Yup, as far as I know, ploppable residential buildings just dilapidate because of "commute distance" issues. This is a fine looking building however and you could just choose to make it a ploppable non functioning landmark. :thumbsup:
Go Sens!!

xxdita

It is possible to avoid delapidation of a residential, you just have to have high enough demand and desirability for it. The only real issue is that the commute paths don't show up.

Sim Shady

Well heres the trick to get ploppable residentials to work.  Zone residential, let something grow, then plop your residential building on top of it.  It works, but there is no traffic or commute from the plopped building.

xannepan

progress

Alfred.Jones

The detail in that is insane!!

My computer would die if I tried to render that!!

Sim City 4 Devotion

xannepan

Actually this renders in 10 minutes, eve on my 6 yo computer. I'm fortunate to be able to afford 3ds-max, which renders much more efficiently :)

RippleJet

Excellently detailed model, once again xannepan! &apls

Quote from: Sim Shady on January 30, 2008, 07:27:23 PM
Well heres the trick to get ploppable residentials to work.  Zone residential, let something grow, then plop your residential building on top of it.  It works, but there is no traffic or commute from the plopped building.

Those who think ploppable residentials work, should read this post and the discussion on the following page:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3036.msg94888#msg94888

Adept2Rock

So beautifuuuul!!Thank You!! &apls :thumbsup:
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

N1_2888

Looks very, very promising!  :)