• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

xannepan

Hi guys,

For now I'll stick to the simfox bat, but i'll make the model files (3dsmax 2010) available to you, so maybe you can render yourself :-)
As for the color: this building on Rue de jean Beauvais happens to have a yellow brick color, so yes it differs a but from the "common" paris buildings.

Alex

Badsim

Hi  Alex ,

Even if the link to your picture doesn't work , have to say that it's nice and comforting to see you back at the same time I learnt ( yesterday ...) Porkissimo's web page (http://paris3d.9online.fr) has disappeared , which reminds me we can't expect anything from him anymore . :(

That's life , and I can just hope he has the one he wanted ... (what is rarely the case .)

If you don't know anything about the Triumphal Way Project , like Girafe suggested you , I invite you to have a look at , by clicking on my signature (Fluctuat Nec Mergitur being the motto of Paris ) and you'll get the full idea of the project , who are the members and what has been done so far , while Carlos ( Debussyman) has started to BAT Le Louvre !

Fortunately , someone else ( N1_2888 ) has started a BATer career with parisian BATs of highest quality and  Orange_o has also several parisian BATs in his secret cardboards , but  anyway , your work has been  , is , and will be essential to this project ...

Thank you so . :)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

WC_EEND

Well I'll be, it's good to see you return, I've always loved your (and Porkie's) Parisian W2W's and I use them very frequently (I try to biuld complete cities using them ;D)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Une_ame

Welcome back Xannepan, great to see a true legend back to the community.
&hlp
I was writing about you a couple of days ago and....bam ! Here we are. Coooooool   ()stsfd()
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Schulmanator

I am delighted to see you back. Welcome! And I am eager to see what you have in store for us.  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

iamgoingtoeatyou

This is one of the happiest days I've had in a long time. Welcome back!!!

CabraBuitre

Check out Abelfarei!

xannepan

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was actually inspired by all good work mentioned in your responses to come back. I have always kept looking at the forums for the great progress that is made in all those fantastic projects.

I stopped BAT-ting years ago because of a small disaster that happened at home. Both my laptop crashed and the DVD with my backup contained reading errors, so i lost all my models, textures etc.  :'( :'( :'(. But it is never too late for a new start, although I must say it's not easy to go through all the stages of installing game and tools, learning to make textures and models again... Also I don't expect to produce any great structures on the short term, because I really need time to practice on some small projects. But who knows... Paris and the medieval theme are still my favorites.

Anyway, I also have a request. For the Paris theme I'm looking for some characteristic RL pictures of Hausmann-style functional buildings (hospitals, police stations, schools etc (not museums.. plenty of those :-) ..An address in Paris would be fine so I can have a look a streetview in google earth. But all other pictures are appreciated :-)

Second question: I'm currently using simfox bat4max (which offers really cool options for nightlights). But I'm happy to also render to building in another bat4max version. Question is do these support max 2010?

Alex

callagrafx

Quote from: xannepan on August 29, 2010, 10:37:52 PM

Second question: I'm currently using simfox bat4max (which offers really cool options for nightlights). But I'm happy to also render to building in another bat4max version. Question is do these support max 2010?

Alex

Hi Alex... in a word, no.  Since Max 2009, Mental Ray has been upgraded and as such, earlier versions of B4M designed to use MR won't work. Simfox's version is the only option available to you.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Une_ame

QuoteHausmann-style functional buildings (hospitals, police stations, schools etc

The first place I think of when I read your last post was the "Ile de la Cité"  ::) : In front of Notre Dame, there's a large plaza, when you get out of the cathedrale, on your left hand you've got the Seine river, one your right hand the Hotel-Dieu (which is an Hospital) and in front of you, the Préfecture de Police (Quai des Orfevres for all the Maigret's lovers).

I will come later with more place if you wanna.  :thumbsup:
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

art128

Quote from: xannepan on August 29, 2010, 10:37:52 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was actually inspired by all good work mentioned in your responses to come back. I have always kept looking at the forums for the great progress that is made in all those fantastic projects.

I stopped BAT-ting years ago because of a small disaster that happened at home. Both my laptop crashed and the DVD with my backup contained reading errors, so i lost all my models, textures etc.  :'( :'( :'(. But it is never too late for a new start, although I must say it's not easy to go through all the stages of installing game and tools, learning to make textures and models again... Also I don't expect to produce any great structures on the short term, because I really need time to practice on some small projects. But who knows... Paris and the medieval theme are still my favorites.

Anyway, I also have a request. For the Paris theme I'm looking for some characteristic RL pictures of Hausmann-style functional buildings (hospitals, police stations, schools etc (not museums.. plenty of those :-) ..An address in Paris would be fine so I can have a look a streetview in google earth. But all other pictures are appreciated :-)

Alex

I'm also myself working on some parisian civic building (actually a big W2W school and a fire dept W2W corner).. But some other works are apprecied too ! If you want (As I live in Paris) I can give you some pics, adress etc of some cool building, just ask me by PM !  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

peterycristi

Hi Xannepan,

It's really great to see such a legend coming back to BAT! I hope you'll keep your fascination for this old and ever lasting game for a long time and let us see a lot of your great works!

saludos

Peter
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

xannepan

Rue de Rivoli. I'll render both in maxisnight and darknight.

I'll also make some variations including corner buildings. Corner buildings will require me to squeeze the building a bit, too allow for sufficient sidewalk distance (it can't be helped I'm afraid, but first experiments show that you hardly notice the "squeeze").

Girafe

Really good creation  &apls &apls

what the number of the building int Rivoli street ?

maybe the light in he court are too much  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

DebussyMan

Glad to see you back in the battlefront! but to be honest I don't like the result or the mentalray renders... I feel the new buildings will clash too much with your pre-existing BATs and those of other Parisian Batters like Porkissimo or (currently) N_2888...  ()sad()

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

xannepan

Hi guys. About the MR renders; is there anyway to load a 3dsmax2010 file in 3dsmax9. I also am struggling with the renders blending in, and I do have y old version of 3dsmax-9. unfortunately the 3dsmax2010 files won't load in max-9 :(
Anyone know of a solution?

Sam Johnson

Quote from: DebussyMan on September 05, 2010, 10:10:53 AM
Glad to see you back in the battlefront! but to be honest I don't like the result or the mentalray renders... I feel the new buildings will clash too much with your pre-existing BATs and those of other Parisian Batters like Porkissimo or (currently) N_2888...  ()sad()

I agree with Debussyman, even if mentalray isn't the problem it's the kind of light sources and some other settings used in Simfox' lightrigs. I'm also using the mentalray renderer but with the same kind of light  maxis used in gmax.
I don't really understand why we should change the kind of lighting after seven years.. We'll only get (or are having) a huge mix of buildings rendered in different ways.. the result of this is that many BATs rendered with the new technique will look out of place between older BATs.

The only problem is we don't have an alternative for the newer 3dsmax versions, as callagrafx said. However you could try to take one of the rigs from chrisadams Bat4max and don't use the functions of LTBL, but I guess this would be a bit difficult, because LTBL changes many more settings than only the light rig..  &mmm

As far as I know there's no direct way to load .max files from 3dsmax 2010 in 3dsmax9  :(

N1_2888

I hope you do not mistake my continuing critisism ... &mmm

You see the transitions between the six vertical segments which apparently form the model's facade. This fact strikes you if you look at the balconies or the cornices. Furthermore it is a bit out of scale. Already existing Parisian w2ws (those ones with a width of two tiles) use to have seven or eight windows per storey, your new BAT has only six.

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

xannepan

Quote from: N1_2888 on September 05, 2010, 01:00:57 PM
I hope you do not mistake my continuing critisism ... &mmm

You see the transitions between the six vertical segments which apparently form the model's facade. This fact strikes you if you look at the balconies or the cornices. Furthermore it is a bit out of scale. Already existing Parisian w2ws (those ones with a width of two tiles) use to have seven or eight windows per storey, your new BAT has only six.

No problem N1_2888. I always value input for improvement. However, I think your criticism is partly based on a misconception about Paris buildings and proportions and number of windows per story from your side :-). Have a look at google streetview and you will find a lot of variety. However, it may just look better the way you suggested. I'm stuck to the 16m width multiples anyway, so I could try to sqeeuze in one more... let's see...

callagrafx

Quote from: xannepan on September 05, 2010, 10:28:14 AM
Hi guys. About the MR renders; is there anyway to load a 3dsmax2010 file in 3dsmax9. I also am struggling with the renders blending in, and I do have y old version of 3dsmax-9. unfortunately the 3dsmax2010 files won't load in max-9 :(
Anyone know of a solution?

The only solution is a dirty one but it generally works, but it means a bit of reworking.  Export the mesh as a .3ds file, then import that into Max 2009.  You will probably have to retexture and everything will become editable meshes, but it will work fine.  But there's no need to export, as the B4M scripts should also include the original light rigs, and all you have to do is choose Scanline as the renderer.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it