• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

Andreas

While the additional parking lots look nice, I think they won't mix well with the other W2W lots, since you can't control which one will grow. There have been some agreements on the setback which are consistent for most of the W2Ws that have been released, so you might want to have a look at those. But as the parking lots are a nice idea, I wonder if you could use this design for a ploppable version. :)
Andreas

BarbyW

These are the ploppable ones, Andreas, and by no means finished. If I use the W2W agreed set back I still need to add another tile to all of them as the building fills a 2 deep (or in one case 3 deep) lot. The building on the right of the rear image will need to have different props too but these were just three quick lots to see what they looked like. I need to cross check with other Paris BATs to see what set back they have for the growables.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

xannepan

Hi Barby,

The easiest way to go for is to keep the sidewalk distance that I used in the test lots. These fit perfect with other W2Ws, and also don't give any problems with the corner buildings (for which the sidewalk distance is fixed per design). But the parked cars do look good :)
Anyway; let's wait what others have to say.

Alex

xannepan

Quote from: BarbyW on November 21, 2010, 09:11:55 AM
... If I use the W2W agreed set back I still need to add another tile to all of them as the building fills a 2 deep....
`

Barby, I'm not sure I understand... why do you need another tile?

xannepan

some progress...

Schulmanator

It looks like this is coming along well. The parking in front sounds like an interesting idea, but it would break the pattern we have for the other Parisian W2W lots. My preference would be to not have the parking, or to have two versions- with and without.

I am excited to see the final product :)
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Girafe

The prefecture is amazing, wait to completion  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Lowkee33

The buildings look very nice.

Barby's point is particularly troublesome for corner lots.  If cars are placed in front of the corner piece then that  piece will either extend out or be an alley for 1/2 a tile.  On corners this means that they will no longer be W2W.

Une_ame

&hlp &hlp &hlp
I've been out for a long time and seeing that beauty one my screen for my come back is stunning. Can't wait to see it with the roof and some cars parked in the court.

Barby, your lots are nice but as far as can remember, the distance between the arches and the circulation is very small one the RL rue de Rivoli. As a result, the only way to reproduce it here is to delete the parking lot in front and have overhanging props for the parked cars.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

xannepan

Hi,

I'm making good progress with the Prefecture. Currently looking for examples for fire stations (and next hospitals) in Paris, in a similar Parisian building style as the prefecture. Screenshots, google maps links etc would be appreciated.

Alex.

xannepan

Almost done (well.. except for the lot etc).

rooker1

:o &apls
Wow, the arch doorways in the front look great.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Girafe

Amazing work Xannepan  &apls &apls &apls

wait for the interior courtyard  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kelis

I Remember see this building in the real life near of the Notre Dame, is the beautiful building in the building zone, and you make the great work !

&apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

xannepan

All,

I need to re-render all my recent buildings before I can release them... I forgot to use catmull-rom anti-aliasing... Results are much more crisp now!
Fortunately rendering only takes a few minutes on my new PC...

Alex

xannepan

Allright... re-rendering done already. Here's an in game screenshot... Buildings are now ready for getting a nice lot.

Une_ame

I think the lot is almost done. As far as I remember, the inside court is mainly a car park for the prefecture's officers.

Maybe a bit more cars inside, delete the arrows and add a flagpole above the gate. One can be seen in the pic below taken from the inside (you can see one of Notre-Dame towers behind).

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

peterycristi

really nice work! but in my opinion some parts, especially the entrance section, look too much like "boxes with texture". If you could work out the details there a little bit more, the building would really be greate.  &apls

saludos
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

xannepan

guess what's next

N1_2888

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum