• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

xannepan

some progress... but still a long way to go...

The main problem I forsee is lack of pictures of the musee of the top (roof) and inner court at the left side/entrance. I'm also no sure how to deal with the left side, which was "cut off" when the station was transformed into the museum. Perhaps a blind wall?

Methene

Quote from: xannepan on November 26, 2010, 04:34:36 AM
some progress... but still a long way to go...

The main problem I forsee is lack of pictures of the musee of the top (roof) and inner court at the left side/entrance. I'm also no sure how to deal with the left side, which was "cut off" when the station was transformed into the museum. Perhaps a blind wall?

Superb, as usual. Have you tried Bing Maps? Granted the aerial view is not extremely detailed, but it is better than google maps for a general impression.

A blind wall would work for w2w environments, although a train station side would work as well... Sort of two models in one, one as a functional train station, one as a museum. So the real life decision could be undertaken in Sim City 4, as well. Although I have no idea how much effort that would be, so I was merely immagining in-game.

Girafe

Superb Xannepan  &apls &apls
This one is better than the prefecture according to me, more detailed.
Thank you for sharing lot of parisian bats it's very well appreciated  :thumbsup: 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

Oh mon Dieu! :o :o It's just AMAZING! &apls &apls

Guillaume &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

xannepan

Quote from: Methene on November 26, 2010, 05:34:16 AM
... Sort of two models in one, one as a functional train station, one as a museum.

I like the idea, but I can only work from example. Pictures of the station are rare on the internet. If anyone can find pciture of the old gare d'orsay (gare d'orleans) I'd appreciate it.

In the mean time, I'm working on the museum entrance....

N1_2888

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

xannepan

The maps help... but the station had underground rail system. I currently don't have a clue how to deal with that  ()what()..
For the model it makes live easier... but for the eventual lot we'd have to see how the station can be connected to the railway system

vester

To me it looks like semi-underground:

I thnk it is a bit like Copenhagen Main Trainstation:

where you have the entrance level and below you have the train running.

N1_2888

Another cross section:

I think the tracks were entirely below grade. If you want to stick with the original building the only way to make the model a station will be within the framework of the NAM underground railway puzzle pieces. If it is nevertheless to be a station suitable for the standard railway, some improvisation will be unavoidable.

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

mightygoose

why dont you just build it so it requires 8m on slope at either side of the lot... thus the rail is above ground and the station is at ground level where it needs to be? use a hole digger as end user to create the shape.... nice solution with any real compromise....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

DebussyMan

Great work....  ;D

I have only acouple of the Gare d'Orsay... and both from the interior. Probably useless but well...

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Andreas

Creating another station for the NAM U-Rail puzzle pieces sounds like a good idea. I think not many people are using those pieces, even though the set has been expanded pretty well, thanks to ebina's great efforts. We have so many transit-enabled (terminal) stations, but rarely other stations - and with the U-Rail pieces, one could build the current situation in Paris, since there actually is an underground RER station at this place.
Andreas

xannepan

Thanks for the suggestions and pictures! (some of which I hadn;t found yet :)

A combined subway and underground trainstation seems like an excellent idea! I hope I can count on help of the NAM team to help with Transit enabling it.
I'll finish the model (which will still take some time) and upload it for scrutineering and for transit enabling the lot

Alex

Andreas

Actually, the transit enabling for an underground rail station is very easy - it's the same as the Maxis railway station. So you just need to add some Transit Switch properties, which should be done automatically when using SC4PIM, if I'm not completely mistaken. But naturally, the NAM Team is always there with some advice, if needed. :)
Andreas

xannepan

not a lot off time... but I'm making a bit of progress

Girafe

Amazing work  :thumbsup:

nice work going slowly  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Une_ame

I think you gonna collect the best station awards after Gare du Nord "$Deal"$.

The BAt in the pic you show share the same advantages than your other parisian station : textures (roof, walls and windows), shape and molding (statues !!) look the same.  &apls
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

xannepan

progress on the roofs...

Girafe

Nice job  :thumbsup:

ps: we can see repetition in the tiles roof behind the statues
The Floraler