• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

noahclem

Wow  :o

This is looking beautiful! I would love to use a station like this! I hope you stick with mightygoose's suggestion and go no deeper than a realistic 8m for the tracks. That would be perfect for rail tunnels after leaving the station or for being crossed by eventual 7.5m elevated networks. I've been following your thread occasionally since you started being active again (I'm a big fan of your work, especially Amsterdam Centraal & Gare du Nord) but will be checking in much more often now  ;)

Badsim

I left you Rue de Rivoli , I find you again at Musée D'Orsay after the Prefecture de Police ... Like for Debussyman , just can't get enough of your pharaonic & breathtaking work !  :'(

How lucky that community is ...

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

xannepan

I'm making good progress on musee/gare d'orsay.
I'm nearly at the point where I need to get busy with all kinds of small details, subtle texturing improvements etc.

Main problem still is the back side of the model (from the perspective of attached picture) for which I cannot find any pictures...
I'm thinking of releasing three models
1) museum (with front entrance as current museum). I'll have to make some educated guess of how to deal with the back side (closed backside)
2) train station with ground level tracks. Back side will be similar to gare du nord with trains entering the back side of the station hall (open back side where tracks enter the hall)
3) trains station with underground level tracks (closed back side)

Alex

DebussyMan

I believe your solution for the ground level station will be good... all train stations have more or less the same disposition regarding that part.

I love how this is turning out, the iron lattice ornaments look great  :satisfied:

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Nardo69

I looked around and didn't find anything about that facade. So I asked in the German railway forum Drehscheibe Online.

I opened a thread in the historical forum and in the foreign country forum.

In the historical forum I received the answer that most probably all tracks were laid below street surface = underground and that there weren't a station head with ground level tracks.

I linked you both threads, maybe some more answers will come. If you need a translator feel free to ask me.

Badsim

Hi Alex ,

Nothing new for you about Orsay as a railway station ... you have to use compromise & imagination , I'm afraid of ... at least nobody should be able to contradict you !  ::)

About Orsay as a museum , you have now to chose between a W2W version with Caisse des Dépots & Consignations , like in the reality , or an isolated version .

For a W2W version , ( personally  it would be my prefered ) I've found a single picture ( at night  ... ) . Walls obviously are blind and the glassed-in part doesn't seem to go down as far as the ground , this is the best picture I've found of it :

For an isolated museum version , I would suggest you to model and texture the blind walls like the others facades around and the glassed-in part from the roof to the ground ...

Hope this will help you a little to take the proper decisions . ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

mmorales2

When do you plan on releasing all the recent BAT's you have created? I am dying to get them :'( &apls &apls &apls
COMING SOON!!!!
XION, THE LAST BASTION

xannepan

Release is waiting for Barby (she is going to make the lots and define realistic grow (res) and plop (com) properties). I haven't hear from her in a few weeks.. so I guess she is busy with RL.
If it takes too long I'll consider trying to make the lots myself (I have no real experience in this area).

Here's some progress on gare d'orsay.. Still some work to do. The rail and street textures are for testing lot placement etc..

Girafe

Nice progress about this train station  &apls &apls
the only thing which is strange is that the rail tracks are not centered with the pylons of the structure  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Girafe; the architect of the station did not have to deal with lot sizes of multiples of 16m  $%Grinno$%. Scaling the station model is not an option... The ony way to solve it is to create custom paths for rails that are indeed centered wrt the pylons (which is way beyond my modding skills).

So I'll transit enable the lot based on the rails road textures as you see them now. Additionally in the lot editor I'll add some eye-candy overlay side-track textures to make it visually more appealing... Maybe the NAM team can help to transit enable these... (I know some of them did exactly the same for the first version of gare du nord)

Alex

vester

Looks great. Sure you can get some help getting some custom path. Chrisim maybe.
It would get the dot over the i.

Have a look at north country dude's Railyard and Spur Textures, Mega Pack 1.02 and Railyard Textures, Mega Pack 2

Andreas

I wouldn't worry too much about the transit enabling (or network enabling, to be precise). As long as the lot touches a railway line somewhere, it will work, speaking from a functional aspect (like you can simply plop the Maxis railway station next to the tracks somewhere). Just make the lot network enabled where it works, and use some eye-candy tracks and platforms for the rest.
Andreas

xannepan

I have done a test render today and Transit enabled the lot. Here are some in game screenshots... Just a little bit of fine tuning needed now.

Nardo69

Looks good so far. :)

Sometimes the supports of such big roof constructions were deliberately placed between the tracks in order to keep the platforms free from pillars etc - especially in the first half of the 20th century these platforms were thriving of live because of all those people who sold hot dogs, refreshments, news papers etc. or had to load and unload the trains' luggages. If I remember Karlsruhe Hbf is such an example (even though it went into service after WWI). Maybe moving the RR station half a tile out of the center could do the trick?

The left, smaller side of the station looks a bit empty IMHO, a signal box etc. could look fine there (and would give a great view to the men who had to operate the switches and signals. ;)

xannepan

The models for both the museum and for the station are ready. I will not change them anymore.. (unless you want me to go completly beserk :P)
I have managed to get a better position of the station hall with respect to the tracks. The station has 4 tracks leaving the hall.

The front of the station is not network enabled, but instead hangs-ver the lot (don't worry.. no immortal lot syndrome :) )

I'm currently creating props and the lots.

Here are some screenshots from the game, from the station...

xannepan

.. and from the museum. The lot is still a but empty but I will work on that.

Nardo69

Well, nightlights are spectacular ...!  &apls

By any chance, do you have plans for a through station? Because unlike terminus stations there's quite a lack out there ...

Ciuu96

BEAUTIFUL station, I like this a lot!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Nardo69 on December 24, 2010, 12:57:14 PM
By any chance, do you have plans for a through station? Because unlike terminus stations there's quite a lack out there ...

Agreed, there is a great lack of through stations, especially if you would like to have many tracks going through the station.
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Andreas

Lovely work alright, surely a "must have" download! :)

Quote from: Nardo69 on December 24, 2010, 12:57:14 PM

Heh, actually, I was wondering the same, I guess it shouldn't be too hard to remodel one side for a through station.  :thumbsup:
Andreas

xannepan

I'll make the model (3dsmax) file available also.. so any one who wants to create a through station out of it cn try  ;D

Mind you: my models are "messy" (this one in particular) I hardly name anything, there are duplicate textures etc etc...