• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

Schulmanator

Very nice! This will be another great addition to any W2W town.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

xannepan

FYI; I have just uploaded the museum version of "Musee d'Orsay" on the BSC private LEX for scrutineering. (Gare d'Orsay was already ready). Included are set of properties for the square in front of the museum.

And a bit more good news. I found one of my backup DVDs, which include the 3dsmax models of gare du nord and antwerp cathedral. As promised I will upload the 3dsmax files on the LEX asap.

Alex

Une_ame

I feel like a cat in front of a nicee mouse.......

I foresee a lot of fun !

&hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

N1_2888

Today xannepan published one of his new BATs - the Prefecture de Police:

Quote from: xannepan (LEX)I didn't have time (nor won't I in the near future :-( )to provide links to all the dependency packages.

I've started to look for some of the download links (I guess, I've done the easier part of the job so far ::) ):

• BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol02.dat
    => LEX
  • Lights_MHW_Median_Maxis_Orange.dat 1)
  • Lights_STR_$$_Maxis_Orange.dat 1)
  • MI_El-RailFaceLiftMod_Standard_Maxis_Style.dat
  • Maxis Amill Offset 22 m.dat 2)
  • OrangeTSC MegaProp V.01.dat
    => LEX
  • PorkieProps-Vol1.dat
    => STEX
    => SimCityKurier
  • ms family multi euro mod ad-on high wealth.dat
  • ms family multi euro mod ad-on low wealth.dat
  • ms family multi euro mod ad-on medium wealth.dat

Who is willing to continue/complete this list?
_____

1) Maybe included in one of xannepan's new bridge downloads.
2) Probably a part of BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol02 (the first dependency).

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Schulmanator

Another exciting addition to the game Awesome!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Simcitler

Quote from: N1_2888 on April 09, 2011, 01:37:38 PM
Who is willing to continue/complete this list?
I´ll give it a try!
STEX is currently down, so no links so far!

Quote from: N1_2888 on April 09, 2011, 01:37:38 PM
  • BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol02.dat
    => LEX
  • Lights_MHW_Median_Maxis_Orange.dat 1)
  • Lights_STR_$$_Maxis_Orange.dat 1)
=> Uniform Street Lighting Mod (STEX)
  • MI_El-RailFaceLiftMod_Standard_Maxis_Style.dat
=> El-Rail Facelift Mod
  • Maxis Amill Offset 22 m.dat 2)
=> BSC MEGA PROPS - Misc Vol02
  • OrangeTSC MegaProp V.01.dat
    => LEX
  • PorkieProps-Vol1.dat
    => STEX
    => SimCityKurier
  • ms family multi euro mod ad-on high wealth.dat
  • ms family multi euro mod ad-on low wealth.dat
  • ms family multi euro mod ad-on medium wealth.dat
=> ms european car replacement mod (STEX)

N1_2888

Quote from: Simcitler on April 10, 2011, 01:13:07 AM
I´ll give it a try!
Thank you! :)
QuoteSTEX is currently down, so no links so far!
I've tried to find them with Google:

Prefecture de Police - dependencies with links:

• BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol02 => LEX
    BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol02.dat
    including
    Maxis Amill Offset 22 m.dat
  • Uniform Street Lighting Mod => STEX
    Lights_MHW_Median_Maxis_Orange.dat
    Lights_STR_$$_Maxis_Orange.dat
  • El-Rail Facelift Mod => LEX => SimCityKurier
    MI_El-RailFaceLiftMod_Standard_Maxis_Style.dat
  • Orange MEGA Prop Pack Vol01 TSC => LEX
    OrangeTSC MegaProp V.01.dat
  • Porkie Props Vol 1 => STEX => SimCityKurier
    PorkieProps-Vol1.dat
  • European car replacement mod => STEX
    ms family multi euro mod ad-on high wealth.dat
    ms family multi euro mod ad-on low wealth.dat
    ms family multi euro mod ad-on medium wealth.dat

No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information.  :D

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Schulmanator

Out of curiosity, does one need the latest NAM version to get the new Parisian bridges? I have an older version and I can't find the bridges in any menu.

Thanks

xannepan

I'm doing some experiments on the paris seine river banks...

Also I need to find some time & esp. energy to finish making the lots for the buildings I still hav in store (rue de rivoli etc)...

-Alex

kelis

That's beautiful !! We need something like that for our cities, great job mate.  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Sciurus

Excellent quais! &apls (That's funny, the sentence is the same in english and in french ;D )

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Schulmanator

Your work is great. I will cheer for any new works for you.  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Looks great!  &apls   Are those embankment walls a bit high though?

Girafe

good job  ;)

but the textures don't fit so well.

The walls are too bright and the Rivoli's buildings are a little bit too pink
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

xannepan

Still experimenting, but it is going in the right direction. In the screenshot you can see I intend to make corner pieces with different curve radius from sharp, to smooth, to very smooth. Placing these will be just a bit challenging but can be done (you have to adjust the river shores with the terrain tools a  bit).

I'm still struggling with the base textures, which are partly based textures on lots and partly included in the model. Now I come to think of it, it's better to create seperate models for base texture and for walls. That way it can be easier to adjust base texture independent from wall models.

Another item on my list is to add some variation (screenshots) to avoid repetition, although these particular models restrict the possibilites (as it requires seamless textures from piece to piece). I'm thinking of experimenting with prop families a bit.

Finally, I also have experimented a bit with lots. I figured out how to place props (trees) below ground level (with reader) and that gave some great results.

As for the colors, perhaps it has to do with the jpg compression. In my test city, everything blends in pretty well with my (and Porkies) Paris building set. But also here...: still experimenting to get the best result, so suggestions are appreciated.

The wall height is quite realistic when compared to RL (Paris). Basically these can be plopped at any ground level, but with this height (picture) ships can pass bridges that are build at similar height.

Alex

Girafe

I was not convinced by the first picture but this second one is really good. I would say that you need darker texture where the water "hits" the walls.

Maybe to add small details which avoid the fact that it's too repetitive.

Feel free if you need trees for this wall set :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Quote from: Girafe on July 11, 2011, 11:16:13 AM
I was not convinced by the first picture but this second one is really good. I would say that you need darker texture where the water "hits" the walls.

Maybe to add small details which avoid the fact that it's too repetitive.

Feel free if you need trees for this wall set :)

Girafe: I agree that darker textures near the water would look better.  I did use already quite a gradient making the texture darker near the water. But the "level" of darkness towards the water  is really difficult to control, since the height of the river shore is different for each player(/map)
I posted some additional new screenshots in my previous post; in the second and third you can see how the walls look for different shore heights.

-Alex

MR.Y

release, when??? Can't wait...

TJ1