• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

supremec

It's superb, and with beautiful trees and props, it will be awesome  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

noahclem

Great progress again!  &apls  I believe you on the RL wall height realistism but my favorite placement you've shown is the lowest elevtion one. I look forward to seeing how the trees and details work out  :thumbsup:

xannepan

New experiments.

picture 1: For one version of these walls I wanted to try to reduce the sidewalk distance between road and river wall (which was one tile wide as you can judge from theprevious pictures). One way to do it is by creating overhanging models on 1-tile wide TE lots. I think the results is great. It will be more challenging for curves and diagonal pieces, so may be that's something for later releases.

picture 2: I tried to create a low level road and a high level road. The idea is -as you can guess - that I try to have the low level road pass under the bridge. Visually I'm confident it will work out. You'd just have to plops the walls twice: once for the high-2-low level road and another time for the low-level-2-river. Overhanging models will be able to make it visually fit under te bridge. Functionally, I'm not sure. I know there are under bridge pieces released some time ago, but I'm not sure if these were actually functional. f these would work I could use these.

Then gfinally @ noachlem: happy you like the result. The point is that you can completely control the height yourself :). Only in the picture you liked most, the walls are not high enough to let boats pass bridges that are build at similar height.

-Alex

xannepan

I have uploaded gare d orsay. Although I'd like this to be scrutineered first, the response from scrutineers is not as quick as it used to be :)
Since I don't have that much time myself anymore I decided to upload the station anyway, otherwise it may never get released. Having said that; I did make a readme, check dependencies and tested it myself. But it all takes soooo much time which I'd rather spend creating great BATs.
Anyway; I hope it works fine, if not please let me know and I'll see what i can do.
-Alex

MR.Y

Gare du nord??? You had uploaded it a long time before...do you meant another station (may gare du est) or do you updated it?

noahclem

Before I start, great work again on the walls. Let me know if you need another tester  ;D

First, I forget if I've told you but I did find a solution to your (and my) earlier troubles with bridge length. You may have already figured something similar out. I had to change the water level using ilive's reader to do so. See the tutorial in my signature for details.

Second, you've been mentioning bridge height for boat traffic in your post here and it's made me curious.... I haven't had time to test it yet but I'm wondering if bridges that are placed when the water level is lower allow ferries to pass still after you return the water level to normal.

I'll get back to you on that.

Third, regarding your underbridge road ideas, the best solution I've found is from Kazuki on a Japanese website. His lots convert traffic to subway and can be found here: http://klex.blog85.fc2.com/

Coincidentally, he's one of the few other people to pursue vertical wall lots (also found in that link). The closest thing I've done to what your designing now features his work (wall lots later modified by me) is this:

I'd be more than happy to share my re-lots of his work but am not sure what the protocol is to do so.

Anyways, thank you so much for all your contributions and I hope my suggestions/links prove themselves useful.

N1_2888

Quote from: xannepan on July 12, 2011, 11:02:24 AM
Although I'd like this to be scrutineered first, the response from scrutineers is not as quick as it used to be :)
If you (and the BSC scrutineers?) agree, I could take over this job (especially regarding the W2Ws).
(I already use to do the modding stuff of the Paris lots, which are to be published on the German download site SimCityKurier.)

Quote from: MR.Y on July 12, 2011, 11:43:35 AM
Gare du nord??? You had uploaded it a long time before...do you meant another station (may gare du est) or do you updated it?
Currently just the museum version is available.

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

MR.Y

@N1 2888: he was editing his post, before there stand gare du nord...

xannepan

Quote from: MR.Y on July 12, 2011, 02:35:28 PM
@N1 2888: he was editing his post, before there stand gare du nord...

Yep... Sorry for the confusion.  ;D

One other thing. I find to my surprise the gAre is still not on the lex. I'll check what's gone wrong.....

Getron

Xannepans,

The paris seine river banks looks really great. Something we missing, new river bankments.
Great work  :thumbsup:

Getron

Une_ame

Just come back from the RL and fell on you're Seine wall

OMG. Soooooooo nice. I specially love the first pic of your July 12th post.

Add one those lots Porky's overhanging good old trees or Girafe last ones and "voila !". Job's done  :thumbsup:

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Girafe

I was glad to see the Orsay railstation on the LEX today, but I have a problem with it. Maybe something is missing from my part but I would like to be sure it comes from me.

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Girafe; that is strange. I checked and doubke checked, in my game the overlay textures do show up.... Also the dependency checker in sc4tool doesn't show any dependencies that are not listed in the readme, whcih are the porkie props.

It is a bit of a mystery...

Does anyone else have this problem? Please let me know.

Alex

Girafe

Yes it was the BSC text. volume 3 which was missing.

Thanks for fixing :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Quote from: Girafe on August 05, 2011, 04:52:32 AM
Yes it was the BSC text. volume 3 which was missing.

Thanks for fixing :)

Yep. Still i am confused why the sc4tool didn't list the dependency... Usually it works fine. Anyway.. Problem solved :)

xannepan

I have continued the experiments with the seine river banks. I have created some tree prop and rendered them with a height offset to place on the river banks...

Started creating some new trees... so far so good

Girafe

Select your tree,

=> propertie

=> return black option on

It will increase your foliage (be careful if you use alpha map, this option could be too black)
The Floraler

xannepan

Girafe, can you explain a bit more? :)

Girafe

Of course.

Generally the problem with the foliage is the density and the contrast which are difficult to render properly.

For giving more contrast, it exists an option regarding the "shadow" and mental ray.

Select your tree (foliage) and click right on it.

You have an option Object property
Select it and switch to mental ray.
Here there are 3 options:
select return black option (it's the option which will give the most contrast).

It works fine when you leaves are modelled but if you use alpha map (often used for pines, your foliage will be to dark).
I think in your case it could be good.  ;) 

Feel free if you have any further questions.

EDIT:

Be careful on adding flora on a BAT that could not fit to other available flora even if they are well looking.
It's ah hard choice, and up to you  :)
The Floraler

xannepan

Hi girafe,

Unfortunately i am still un max 9, which doesn,t have this option...

On the other hand, these trees and vines are all modelled as props, but in such a way that they blend in perfectly with the river banks. But they can be replaced byother tree props. The problem there is that these would need to be put on the lot with a negative height offset. So it requires some modding of the RKT4 exemplars to work with existing props.

For trees on ground level it should be no problem to use existign tree props.

Additional note : I often active anti aliasing on the reader on my tree properties. That provides a better result, however does put restrictions on the trees. when two of them are placed closely together you,ll get graphical glitches.