• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

xannepan

I have decided to create some prop families to get some variation on the river banks on a single ploppable LOT. Here is the result of a prototype.
What you see is a single 3x1 lot plopped 3 times. The vine properties nicely vary (randomly) each time the LOT is plopped.

-Alex

teddyrised

Wow &apls that's really some superb work you have there!

Girafe

I really advice you to switch to 3dsmax12 which is now free and fully compatible with bat4max.

The idea of the family is good,

You have a shadow problem with the foliage and need more contrast :)

Anyway this set looks promising :)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Une_ame

The results are realy impressive indeed.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

xannepan

Quote from: Girafe on August 14, 2011, 11:39:05 AM
I really advice you to switch to 3dsmax12 which is now free and fully compatible with bat4max.

The idea of the family is good,

You have a shadow problem with the foliage and need more contrast :)

Anyway this set looks promising :)

Girafe thanks! I have troed 3dsmax12, however that means I need to switch to simfox bat4max version. This bat4max is just as good, maybe even better, but still different than the version I'm using. I have tried to switch in the past, but it requires such a huge adjustment to my textures (which render with different results) that I cannot use anything anymore from my 50+ previous bat models :(... I'm just not up to it  :-[

Lowkee33

Quote from: xannepan on August 15, 2011, 06:18:44 AMI have tried to switch in the past, but it requires such a huge adjustment to my textures (which render with different results) that I cannot use anything anymore from my 50+ previous bat models :(... I'm just not up to it.

Is it the same problem for all of the textures?  Something like they are all a little too dark?  If so, I could make those corrections quite fast.

namspopof

This is just wonderful !  &apls
STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

Girafe

Quote from: Lowkee33 on August 15, 2011, 07:50:02 AM
Quote from: xannepan on August 15, 2011, 06:18:44 AMI have tried to switch in the past, but it requires such a huge adjustment to my textures (which render with different results) that I cannot use anything anymore from my 50+ previous bat models :(... I'm just not up to it.

Is it the same problem for all of the textures?  Something like they are all a little too dark?  If so, I could make those corrections quite fast.

if I am right it's just a question of gamma which changes. So a fix for one texture should work for all of them  &sly

You are using chris Bat4max?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Lowkee, Girafe:

Yes I'm using Chris' bat4max. I suppose a single type of correction to the textures would work. In fact simfox offered to help me do the correction some time ago, but then I went back to RL for some time... so I didn't have time to follow up on that.

If you look at the pictures on page 18 and 19, you'll see some early results of simfox bat4max in max 2010 (rue de rivoli buildings). At the time it was easeir for me to switch back to max9 and chris' bat4max.

Anyways, what I could do later today is attach a model + textures of some of the seine river banks. (I'll upload them anyway for the community once finished). Perhaps one of you can render them in 3dsmax2011 (rendering takes just a second, these are small models). and post some results here....

One other thing. I have decided to change the bump map for the river bank walls. Imo they were too regular, which gave a bit too expensive look. The new bump map has a more irregular stone pattern which I think looks more realistic.
-Alex

carlfatal

Hi,
it´s my first time in Your thread. But i have to thank You for minimum Your last bridges. And now i saw Your new Paris buildings: I love Your stuff!
And aside from this: thanks for Your old framework houses I use for my old town set. You´re one of my favorite batters, and if there is a chance to upload my set, then only cause of people like You and Your work...
Greets, Carl

adfiver

I love Paris and your creations! Thank you so much!

Please forgive me if you already had to answer questions about one of your recent works, JENXPARISRueDeRivoli. If possible, please help me understand what could be wrong when I use it.  &mmm
Thank you!

peterycristi

This will be a great adition to the TWT project! Fabolous work!  &apls  &apls
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

xannepan

Hello everyone,

I'm still spending many hours on the river banks... what a job. While I'm making progress i also encounter many problems that require advance modding, and also some limitations that you won't encounter for regular BAT models. Additionally, as you can see in the picture, there are some minor fundamental graphical glitches that I'm affraid cannot be solved. The most frustrating thing that bugs me is a graphic glitch with the textures. Even though the textures of the different models are exactly the same in 3dsmax, in the game some models appear slightly lighter than others, which is notable in the base textures. If you look carefully you can see it in the picture attached. If anyone has an idea what's causing it, please let me know.

To add trees on the lower level of the river banks I needed to create a completely new tree set. I have tried many hours to use existing trees, but they all produce poor results as soon as I try to mod the RKT4 propsto get vertical offset. The only way to make trees fit with the river banks models (which do already have tighly fitting LODs) is to create special LODs also for the trees.  I actived the anti-aliasing option in the 3ds files to make the trees blend in smoothly. This all requires many many hours or repetitive modding in the reader, which is becoming very boring   ()sad(). (If only the sc4 model tweaker wouldn't crash on activating transparency :'( )

Next thing I'm working on is to create several additional exemplars for each tree models, so I can also use them on the overhanging smooth corner lots. This will only work for the trees at ground level, so the corners won't get trees at lower level. Anyway, still again many hours off work ahead.

-Alex

DerChrischi

Speechless! Awesome! Genial!  &apls

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

I am speechless.........

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

iskrem

Fantastic work Xannepan  &apls
Looking forward to more updates on the river banks!

Regards Iskrem

xannepan

Well.. here is a small update without pictures this time. I finally managed to get all the trees positioned correct on the overhanging corner lots. Additionally I succeeded in displaying the maxis people props below ground level. It looks good. I'm currently experimenting with making prop families (of my own new prop set and the porkie props) to get some random variation. I'm using a temporary family ID range which I requested some time ago, which I hope will be assigned to me... if not then I have a lot of work that I need to redo...

-Alex