• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

xannepan

Quote from: Une_ame on August 29, 2011, 05:36:39 PM
To answer your last question, the first idea that come to my mind is to create them as a CO/CS$$$. Pb is, they gonna join the huge amount of plopable lots that is already in this categorie.  &mmm

The strange thing is, that I have tried to do this... but same problem remains. It has to do with the fact that these are ploppable lots... somehow the diagonals sidewalks do not respond well to ploppables  ()what() ()what()

xannepan

The transit enabled road lot versions for the quais de seine are almost ready for testing.

During the past days I have mainly worked for hours and hours on creating lots, dedicated (offset) props etc. and solve glitches. I think the result looks good. The quais really look more alive now. Trees are all seasonal, but I needed many offset exemplars so I will only release with my own dedicated tree set. Vines are evergreens :). The lots also fit nice with my seine bridges. Here are some screenshots.

I have decided not to create special icons for the park menu. Maybe some day I will create a DAMN config file.

I will probably release the base set first and maybe later expansions... And I will also release all 3dsmax files + textures so anyone can alter or create expansions.

I still have to decide whether or not to release the non TE versions... I'm not looking forward to that much LOT work again, rather spend time in 3ds max :P

-Alex-

Delecto

&apls &apls &apls

Bravo xannepan, nothing more to say!

xannepan

Thanks Delecto.

The files are now on the BSC private lex for testing. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Alex

io_bg

Absolutely amazing!
Just a small tip from me - please don't put all these in the park menu as it's full of other stuff :D Maybe the port menu will be a better choice since it's not that big.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Awesome! As Ioan said in the port menu it would be better!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Amazing development close to end  :)

I tested it a little bit.
I played with Q1 pieces, there are a lot of pieces indeed and a damn menu could be good.
All pieces seems to work correctly (really small glitches with diag pieces) and walk paths are going through trees.

I have a question regarding this situation where I am not able to drag a bridge
Do you use any mod like (road under bridges or something else).

I will check Q2 as soon as I will understand how it works (any special slope mod is required?)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Wow, they look beautiful Alex!  &apls &apls

I'm really wishing I had access to the private LEX ATM...  ;)

xannepan

Girafe, thanks for these first test results. I should have mentioned that for these lots to display correct youhave to make sure your terrain is absolutely flat and your river bank as steep as possible. Sometimes it is needed to use the major mode terrain tools to do some tweaking.
Additionally, these work best at a height of more then 16 meters.
Another thing is that in most cases it works best to first draw your road network, and then plop these TE lots over it. In some cases,  e.g. for the diagonals, You will then need to redraw the roads again, as placing the diagonal lot will destroy the appearance of the road.
For the underbridge pieces it is absolutely neccesary to first create the bridges and then plop the underbridge piece.
All good material to be included in the final readme :)

I hope this helps...

xannepan

Quote from: noahclem on August 31, 2011, 12:44:58 PM

I wpuld be happy to send you the files in some other way.. The only thingis, that this is about 28 Mb.... If you know a solution, just let me know how to send them to you.

Alex

Girafe

Quote from: xannepan on August 31, 2011, 12:56:20 PM
Quote from: noahclem on August 31, 2011, 12:44:58 PM

I wpuld be happy to send you the files in some other way.. The only thingis, that this is about 28 Mb.... If you know a solution, just let me know how to send them to you.

Alex

filemail.com could be ok

Thanks for these precious elements, I will try  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mattb325

Wow Alex!

This set is utterly amazing. :) I love the fact that you have created this as a straight sloping set. Something that has been lacking in SC4 for a long time.  &apls &apls

jeckyll

What about a sandstone version? Cuold you create it?
I hate maxis white brick :/

xannepan

Finally! It is done. After days of testing and improving i have decided it is good enough for uploading. The upload includes a detailed readme, which is higly recommended!
Hope you like it. Pictures from your creations would be appreciated.
- alex

noahclem

Great to see these uploaded!  &dance  I'll be sure to honor you request for pictures of the uses for your new walls  :thumbsup:

Quote from: xannepan on August 31, 2011, 12:56:20 PM

Alex

Thanks a lot for the offer Alex and sorry it took me a couple days to see it. I'd be honored to help you test future projects, perhaps using the method Antoine suggested.

teddyrised

Thanks for sharing your works - I've just downloaded them and will give them a try in a tile that I'm currently working on. You wouldn't mind if we posts photos here, would you?

Sorry for not leaving any earlier comments - I was lurking around for quite a bit, and that's some fantastic work you've done there &apls

hard8

Do I need to use joerg Bridge Height mod or Columbus Textures for jeronijs?

also is the steepness determined by the when a type of lot that digs down like seaport and docks like pegs cdks lots that dig in or you'd build the steepness up from that level after those type of lots  are plopped?

which  NHP Hole Digging Lots by Shadow Assassin would you suggest using? the 15m? or 24m? or use the 10m twice to get the right height and steepness?

My bridges keep building two tiles in past the edge of the bank and the TE under road pieces wont connect

thx

xannepan

Hi there,

No... Nothingnelse needed expect for the dependencies listed.
You have to use the major mode terrain tools for the modelling, i don't think the hole digger lots will help here.

The problem wit the bridges is a known game issue.(i guess you are referring to the underbridge pieces.... I do not have any under road pieces). Solving it is possible, but a bit difficult... See link below.
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13185.msg380687#msg380687

If that is too much work, i suggest not to use the TER pieces for connecting roads.

Hope that works for you. Goog luck!

Alex

hard8

Success I hope

I was finally able to get the road to build right to the edge on both sides, but on the other side I had to create a two tile bump out  on the other side in order to connect  it, I switched to a custom terrain mod the Columbus Textures for jeronijs mod and used the bridge height mod, but I think it's not needed, and that building bridges right to the edge where roads well build is trail and error, my sea channel is 24 tiles wide and I used Hole Digging Lots by  Shadow Assassin and digged the land up by 24m up and the channel I dug down several times with the 24down digger from the Hole Digging Lots by  Shadow Assassin!..

I used daeley cheats his setsealevel 0 dat  from this thread and very first post http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11555.0 to dig my sea channels with the hole diggin lots

I'm not sure I can duplicate what I did with the avenue bridge, but  well try again and remember that I need to do a 1 tile bump out, I also think my sea way is either 22 or 23 tiles wide now after having to bring the land out a bit more with the bump out for the avenue!..

I thought for the wide round pieces that the corners needed to be round, so I did that with the god mod flatten smooth tool, but after placing the wide round walls I found I had to make them diagonal and straight like I had in the first place before going back into god mode!..

I'm not sure I'll be able to place anything under the avenue bridges but well try to see if I can next game launch!..

I took some in game pictures for you, one shot shows the god mod round edge wall, which is wrong and not needed a straight diagonal  wall is needed instead

not necessary

worked,see pic above

wont work
--^^

xannepan

Thanks for the elaborate post Hard8... good progress. Just a side note: I don't have a underbridge piece yet for avenue bridges. The underbridge included is on for 1-tile wide (road/street/tir) bridges etc.
-Alex