• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

hard8

I just wanted to let you know that the two tile bump out ideal of mine didn't work, and it doesn't matter how high or low my terrain is or how wide my sea channels are, the game builds the bridges one tile in words on one side and right to the edge allow me to use the bridge road under piece on the one side that build the bridge properly, I even tried the custom NAM bridges and no change!..

I'll use your seawalls on one side and someone else work on the other or just use them on long diagonal corners only and hope that my game building gets better and I figure something out, I only started playing sc4 rush hour again a month or so and had been playing other games before that for two years straight!.

thx

ScottFTL

hard8

Quote from: ScottFTL on September 07, 2011, 01:05:24 PM
You may want to have a look at this tutorial: How to Build a Bridge the Exact Length You Want  "$Deal"$

I spent the last two hours following that tutorial and did everything it said to do with Reader and changed the sea to 235 meters and I changed  water opaqueness to 9  like it said to and I still have the  bridges building two tiles in words on one side like before and yes I download and installed the CPT_TerrainMod_Meadowshire and edited the CPT_No6_MeadowShireTerrainController_Essential.dat like the tutorial said  and I double checked in the reader and the changes I made with it showed as sea to 235 meters  opaqueness to 9

noahclem

Hmm, sounds like I could have been a bit clearer in the tutorial. Sorry it hasn't worked yet but I think I know went wrong.

1. The 235 meter water height is just what I often use based on how deep my waterways are. From the look of your pictures, the bottom of your river is much deeper. Find out how deep the bottom is (probably using "terrain query" from buggi's extra cheats) and then set the sea level to ~5 meters below that in the reader. It should work after that.

* I've noticed bridge placement can be quite fickle, and for whatever reason I've found that making the small hole below temporary sealevel close to one of the bridge's ends works best.

2. Water opaqueness is only cosmetic, so best not to worry about it unless you're trying to fine-tune the look of your area.
3. You wouldn't necessarily have to use the Meadowshire terrain mod but any of CPTs. I'm sure something extremely or exactly similar could be done with others as well but I don't know for sure because I don't use them.

I was actually working on a file to set sea-level to 190m (and arbitrary value that should be widely useful) between ScottFTL's post and yours but hit a quick hickup. You could almost substitute the "zero-sealevel" file you used for the terraforming for the editing I suggested in reader, but I don't think the game lets you terraform to negative elevations, thus water wouldn't be possible, and thus no bridges.

Let me know if my suggestion helps. If I hammer out that new temporary sea-level mod I'll post here. Good luck  :thumbsup:

hard8

Quote from: noahclem on September 07, 2011, 03:10:19 PM
Hmm, sounds like I could have been a bit clearer in the tutorial. Sorry it hasn't worked yet but I think I know went wrong.

1. The 235 meter water height is just what I often use based on how deep my waterways are. From the look of your pictures, the bottom of your river is much deeper. Find out how deep the bottom is (probably using "terrain query" from buggi's extra cheats) and then set the sea level to ~5 meters below that in the reader. It should work after that.

* I've noticed bridge placement can be quite fickle, and for whatever reason I've found that making the small hole below temporary sealevel close to one of the bridge's ends works best.

2. Water opaqueness is only cosmetic, so best not to worry about it unless you're trying to fine-tune the look of your area.
3. You wouldn't necessarily have to use the Meadowshire terrain mod but any of CPTs. I'm sure something extremely or exactly similar could be done with others as well but I don't know for sure because I don't use them.

I was actually working on a file to set sea-level to 190m (and arbitrary value that should be widely useful) between ScottFTL's post and yours but hit a quick hickup. You could almost substitute the "zero-sealevel" file you used for the terraforming for the editing I suggested in reader, but I don't think the game lets you terraform to negative elevations, thus water wouldn't be possible, and thus no bridges.

Let me know if my suggestion helps. If I hammer out that new temporary sea-level mod I'll post here. Good luck  :thumbsup:

I have a learning disability and I'm terrible with numbers sorry, did the "terrain query" thing for you and would appreciate some help figuring out the proper sea level number to use in reader please?

took in game screen shots

Whales did spawn in my game in the two deep areas

sea water removed with daeley's zero sealevel.dat cheat

noahclem

Whales, eh? Sounds like fun, maybe I should dig a hole  :D

Anyway, your elevation is the "y" value, so for most of your areas you will want to go just a bit below 194.5m--whether you go 0.1m or 10m below doesn't much matter--it's just that the lower you set the sea level the deeper a hole you have to dig. Obviously, if you want to build a bridge over your whale spawning zone you will need to set a lower value than your other areas (~40m).

The whole trick to this is that you have at least one tile of dry land before the end of where you drag the bridge. As you've noticed, for whatever reason, the game absolutely refuses to place a bridge without one pointless extra tile--this technique follows their rule but then covers it up with water after the bridge is in place.

hard8

Quote from: noahclem on September 07, 2011, 04:20:43 PM
Whales, eh? Sounds like fun, maybe I should dig a hole  :D

Anyway, your elevation is the "y" value, so for most of your areas you will want to go just a bit below 194.5m--whether you go 0.1m or 10m below doesn't much matter--it's just that the lower you set the sea level the deeper a hole you have to dig. Obviously, if you want to build a bridge over your whale spawning zone you will need to set a lower value than your other areas (~40m).

The whole trick to this is that you have at least one tile of dry land before the end of where you drag the bridge. As you've noticed, for whatever reason, the game absolutely refuses to place a bridge without one pointless extra tile--this technique follows their rule but then covers it up with water after the bridge is in place.

thank you very much for all the help, much appreciated  :thumbsup: I never been able to build a bridge on a diagonal straight sea channel yet, the bridge tool wont zone it for me!..

xannepan

Continuing... Caserne Sapeurs Pompiers @ 28 Rue Blanche... a W2W firestation

bat

Great looking firestation there! :thumbsup:

Girafe

Looks good  ;)

the texture on the roof is strange, is it definitive?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Girafe, it is the same texture I'm using on almost all of my Buildings...  ;D
actually I got this from Porki years ago.... He used it also on some of his buildings... The only thing I still need to do is tune the UVW maps ...

-Alex

Girafe

Strange, because this texture seems to be very blurred.

Will see after the uv mapping

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

hard8

I did this to go with your train station, I wanted something different then a ploppable  eye candy canal for the front of your train station, I think it's one of your train stations!..

Not sure if I'll do a small 5 x or 6 by wide canal with the new Seine River Banks, there's a 100 or more tile span to the nearest sea channel

You asked to see pics, so thought I'd share!..

update

I ended up using peg's utopian canal

xannepan

Hard8; great to see you using the Seine river banks!

Girafe;. Bluring is probable the UVW map indeed... BTW where do you get those pictures? google nor bing maps don't have this much detail... can you pls send me the link?

-Alex

art128

He's using PageJaunes.fr here   (click on "plan et vue aérienne " then "vue du ciel "
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

xannepan

ahhh.. pages jaunes... I hadn't looked at it for ages anymore... I can't believe how much more detail there is! wow.. this is going to be sooo useful.
For the firestation a bit too late though... let's just say it is inspired on Rue Blanche  ;).
I will try also to release a diagonal version.
-alex

Girafe

I prepared a tuto but Arthur was faster than me.

It is for time the most detailed website for top views  ;)
The Floraler

Schulmanator

Great new building! It is looking nice  ;D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

hard8

Ok almost done plopping all the new Seine River Banks, only have a area of walls equivalent to 10 or 12 large game farm fields left to do, that well be in the last two pictures near the bottom of this post!..

The islands are for pegs CDK work and I used Jeronij's breakwater seawalls in some areas of this large city, mostly around the islands  and where my farms well grow!..

this well be the last I post of how I used the new Seine River Banks, don't wont to spam the thread!..

I cropped these pictures, so hope they aren't over sized!..

in this first picture I'm showing how I used Nob's sea wall's to blend with a end piece

still need to do these two areas in these bottom two pictures

callagrafx

Quote from: hard8 on September 11, 2011, 01:55:12 PM
this well be the last I post of how I used the new Seine River Banks, don't wont to spam the thread!..

Glad to hear it  ::)  In future if you want to show how you've used other people's stuff, could you please create your own thread, thank you.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it