• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

WannGLondon

Quote from: xannepan on February 12, 2012, 10:13:57 AM
I just wanted to let you know I'm still working on the senat, but progress is slow as I am currently working on the lot (something I do not enjoy at all :( )

Here is works in progress view from within the game
This is absolutely beautiful xannepan, I have many of your great buildings in my city. You are an amazing BATter.
Call me Warren.

xannepan

I have 4 Gb of RAM.. and working on a (powerful) laptop. But extending it is not possible. ANyway I think I will manage, just need to keep track of my polycount.

Here is an update... I have added many more details and completed a rough outline for the roof.

-Alex

noahclem

Your progress is looking spectacular as always  &apls &apls

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Girafe

Looks like a gruyere  :)

you can change your RAM even on a laptop, I did it on an old toshiba and it worked nice for 2 x 20€
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

quick progress screenshot. added some statues already. Perhaps I can finish this weekend, but no promises :)

Girafe

looks nice,

Remember I want all the details  :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Nice new details, Alex!

Also, congrats on the CML, quite well deserved! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

It's AMAZING! :o &apls  But don't forget the little statues in the front ;D
And congrats for the CML, which is well deserved! I agree with Arthur!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

xannepan

First in game screenshot. Although the real building is LARGE, I will reduce the size by 90%...
Next on my to do list is nightlights, props for the square and gardens.

-Alex

art128

Hmmmmmm, that wonderful building in front of the Senat.... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nbvc

Girafe

Looks awesome, French and EU flags are still missing  :P

Pagesjaunes could help you a little bit even if there are not lot of roof junk

&apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

WannGLondon

Gorgeous, cannot wait to see it on the LEX.  &apls
Call me Warren.

rooker1

That is one beautiful building and congrats on your CML.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

xannepan

Experienced BAT-ters: I need your help! The ingame screenshot below shows a problem I'm running into with Hotel de Ville

Because the building stretches below ground level I'm getting all kinds of artefacts in the game. I have tried multiple types of LODs already. The best solutions so far seems to use LODs that just start a ground level, ignoring the part of the building below ground level (which will render anyway). But the later still produces artefacts as seen in the image.

It is not an uncommon problem. With quai de seine and with the seine bridges I ran into similar problems. But there the solution was to get rid of the shadow. I can do that with this building too, and indeed the problem is solved. But I'd rather release it with shadows.

Any ideas?

Girafe

LODs should be always positive and can't be below zero. Underground part will render even if they are not in the LODs. Normally it works correctly, it's what I used for GAN Tower.

Think too, to ungroup your objects, for me it provokes sometimes problems.

I could have a look this evening if you need / want. 
The Floraler

noahclem

I'm not an expert batter but I wanted to stop by to congratulate you on your CML  &apls &apls

Also, progress on this one--It's looking great and I hope you're able to keep the shadows!

xannepan

Quote from: Girafe on February 27, 2012, 04:08:57 AM

I could have a look this evening if you need / want.

That would be great! I'll post on the pre-lex.

Hope you can solve it... I'm out of ammunition. Grouping can't be the problem, since I ungrouped everything already.

Girafe

After few hours of research and fight with your BAT... don't know how you can manage giant project kile this  :o

Seems that if you BAT is not of the size of the LOT you have this problem. You can also BAT the sidewalk as you did.

Moreover, BAT all the walls of the "pool".

Hope I will help.

I didn't see the flags on the city hall &ops

The Floraler