• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

noahclem

The walls look great Alex  &apls

Great work on this project!

vortext

So this is really going to be an entire medieval set huh? . . me likey  ;D

Eagerly awaiting further progress (fingers crossed for diagonal city walls  ;)) and I'll be more than glad to lend a helping hand when it comes to lotting. Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

I really like the idea, but I don't like so much the texture of the wall (controversely, the texture of the roofs is top).

IMHO, the merlons are too large:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Schulmanator

I am excited about the walls. The bottom part of the walls looks great... appropriately aged and nicely textured. The top part is perhaps a bit too "clean"... perhaps it wants to be a little more rough around the edges like the bottom is.

I am excited about the prospect of seeing these in action. I will certainly redo the heart of ancient Schulmania once these are finished!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

cmdp123789

This a magnificent job... I like the walls... and the whole concept of "Medieval-ness??" in it... but I have to agree with the comments above... the walls are great, but they need years to pass them by... if you know what I mean... too clean for being medieval walls... BUT! keep it up... this still is amazing

AhmadAzunai

Quote from: Paul 999 on April 22, 2012, 09:09:58 AM
I have try something today, here is the result.

Thanks for this great set!  ;)
from where I can download the building like that? can enybody give me a link or a keyword to download it? thanks

cmdp123789

Quote from: AhmadAzunai on May 07, 2012, 07:52:25 PM

from where I can download the building like that? can enybody give me a link or a keyword to download it? thanks

Do you mean the walls in water...??? or the dutch buildings in the city?

DebussyMan

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 07, 2012, 07:35:12 PM
too clean for being medieval walls...

Well... in medieval times they were new.  ;)

Anyhow, great job with those!

A few ideas:

Porte Villeneuve:

Porte Flavigny:

La Tour de Nesle:

The old Louvre:

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

AhmadAzunai

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 07, 2012, 07:59:50 PM
Quote from: AhmadAzunai on May 07, 2012, 07:52:25 PM

Do you mean the walls in water...??? or the dutch buildings in the city?

the dutch building...

cmdp123789

well... the stex is full of them... just go to the stex and type "amsterdam"you will find a lot of them... and if you find an author of your likeness.. type his name and search for him ot her... whatever... the thing is people like haamergold or tattoed millionare made lots of them... so go search the stex... probably you will find some in the lex too.. not sure...

AhmadAzunai

Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 07, 2012, 08:35:13 PM
well... the stex is full of them... just go to the stex and type "amsterdam"you will find a lot of them... and if you find an author of your likeness.. type his name and search for him ot her... whatever... the thing is people like haamergold or tattoed millionare made lots of them... so go search the stex... probably you will find some in the lex too.. not sure...

thankyou so much It is so many there
I'll grab it all,,:)

xannepan

Quote from: DebussyMan on May 07, 2012, 08:03:11 PM
Quote from: cmdp123789 on May 07, 2012, 07:35:12 PM
too clean for being medieval walls...

Well... in medieval times they were new.  ;)

Hahahaha :)

Well guys, I agree on the clean walls... However, from experience with the quais de seine I know it will be extremely difficult to add details (grass, dirt etc etc). Since these are repeating pieces the repettiion in texture will look bad :(

However, this is just the first version, textures, building proportions etc have to be fine tuned. I,m using Carcassonne as an example, but also have looked into the old pictures of Paris former walls. Thanks for posting these Carlos! I had found a few of them already... But not the old Louvre.....

-alex

xannepan

my 3dsmax playground...

Girafe

hehe, strange water  $%Grinno$%

(what a pity you don't have max12, lot of water textures are registered and fit well to this application)...

Finally, I come back on the wall texture, not 100% satisfied with it, but I would say it is not bad  ::)

Do you have a pic from the other side of the walls, this view is interesting as often people put all the details on the exterior and not on the interior  ;D

Few names which could inspire you (even if Carcassone is the best medieval architecture you can find in France):

- Mont Saint-Michel
- Guérande

have a look there: http://www.chateauxmedievaux.com/

- Guénedon, just for fun, maybe for 5 years crazy guys are building a real castle in the forest with the tools of middle age  $%Grinno$%
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Haha... It is not supposed be water  ;).. i just need a semi transparent plain to indicate my ground level... Every part below that plane will be added as foundations... But ... You post reminds me that I should allow thee lots to be build (at least partly) on water as well :-)

Thx for the examples... Useful!

cmdp123789

I like the last pic of the walls... interesting... Now the question is... you said it would take a lot of time for details.. isnt it possible to create a texture with a pattern, that somehow wont look like it repeats itself? I mean, you could use the same texture and add something over that texture to make a difference, instead of creating different textures for different parts... si o no?? %confuso

Schulmanator

I like this... it is coming along well. I am eager to see your next pix of this project.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

xannepan

First prototype of a gate, front and back view..

I would really appreciate pictures of back sides of walls...

peter007

Nice Gate. I really like the detail you put in the wall. Especially the back where the stairs are. Maybe we can find some tourists on it or if you realy want it to be medival some CATAPULTS!!! :D
It looks like the tilling on the towers aren't completely right. It's like there's a seam in it?

-Ernst

Girafe

looks really nice  ;)

you have just a small texture's junction problem on the roof  :P

I don't remember exactly but I know that the transit enable for the gates was a problem in a previous set (TSC old one)
The Floraler