• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

DerChrischi

Hello, you B.A.T.-Genie!  :P
First: I love your work! I can use everything from you und i am so happy that you are batting.
Second: I need help with one of your BATS: please look at this Picture:

I don´t know, what i can do against the Proplems. I hofe downloaded it twice and i have every time this Problem. Hove you an Idea, what i can do? Thank you for your help or what are thinking about my Problem!

Girafe

Did you read the read-me? and pay attention to the fact that game needs to run 1 year for fixing this problem...
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

DerChrischi

I've read it, but well-read! Thank giraffe! My mistake! Very very sad, such a cool part! I'll have to wait then!

Hellken

Hello xannepan: I love your work.

I am looking for a file called: JENXPARIS_Prop_JoanOfArc-0x6534284a-0x597d641b-0x39ec381e.SC4Desc

Is it on the LEX? I went through all the files and I still can't find it. Thank you.

xannepan

Hello,
Just a short message that I am back. At the moment I am still enjoying a short very sunny vacation on the Turkish riviera, but back home it is really cold and dark already. So plenty of time to pick up various BAT as well as MOD projects. No promises as to when I will finish any of these though  ;)

Hellken: it think I attached it in some previous post in this topic. I am affraid I have done some uplifting of the rue de rivoli buildings (not uploaded yet) and I have lost the old files.

-alex

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Great to have you back and I can't wait to see what your next project is  :thumbsup:

xannepan

I know there exists a pretty good Eiffel tower already in the game. However, I never liked the night lighting of that tower that much. So I decided to try some of my newly acquired BATting skills. Here is the result. I will give it "seasonal" lighting, with some (at least the two you see in the screenshot) color variations.

A more ambitious part of this project is to add the many dozens of flashing white lights that appear several times at night (same as the real tower). However, that will require to duplicate and mod the blinking light effect from the game (the current blinking light blinks to slow, additionally I need some fase difference in the blinking cycle). I'm hoping Lowkee will return some day to continue work on the effect dir tool he was working on. If not I might try to give it a go myself. I already managed to write a script in Matlab to read the effect dir and find all entries related to a single effect. Writing a new instance of that effect is a bit more challenging... not looking forward to that one :( Anyway.. let's see how far I will get :)

-Alex

art128

You are mad and you know it. though I don't mind that. ; )

Would be fun if the elevators were animated as well...  ::)

&apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

xannepan

Quote from: art128 on November 07, 2012, 12:45:56 PM
Would be fun if the elevators were animated as well...  ::)

Haha... Hmmm.. Actually I must confess: I tried, and if it wouldn't be soo much work and extremely complex I'd continue. I have become pretty good in using BAB (still need to upload the windmill and watermills someday). However since the size of the animation in BAB is restricted it required me to stack multiple elevator animations inside a pylon on top of each other and make sure the respective timing is properly adjusted. Additionally, BAB is available only for gmax :-( so it required me to fit a gmax rendered animation with a 3dsmax model, which was really challenging. In the end I gave up after having done two animations. since four animations would be required to make the elevator go all the way up the pylon, it was just too much work. Moreover I was too sloppy in my modeling, so the gmax and 3dsmax models just didn't fit seamlessly. Learned a lot though.

As for the flash lights: I might first try to use the red, green and blue fast blinking lights, to see if it works at all. Although the real tower has all white flash lights, perhaps I should just accept some degree of artistic freedom for the sc4 version ;-) especially since I'm note sure how using dozens of effects on a lot may affect game performance... Let's find out :P

Girafe

Really good job Alex.

The night lights are beautiful.

One made for France's presidence of EU I enjoyed.

I am not an expert but regarding the lights animation, what about doing lot of models with short timing (few days). It could be an alternative to BAB that could be used with max  &Thk/(
The Floraler

noahclem

I can't give you advice on the animation technicalities but I can tell you that's a great model with excellent lighting!!!

xannepan

I have actually managed to create all new effects! The Tour Eiffel now contains flash lights (run from 22-24h).
Actually.. why don't you have a look yourselves:

http://youtu.be/hMXPKeqV1f8

PS. I still need to do some fine tuning... and this one will go to the priLEX for scrutineering first...
PPS. Anyone who can advice me on better video capture? I'm using snag it right now... but I'm not really happy with the vid quality sofar...

art128

Quote from: xannepan on November 10, 2012, 12:51:30 PM

PPS. Anyone who can advice me on better video capture? I'm using snag it right now... but I'm not really happy with the vid quality sofar...

Fraps.

Very nice work on the light effects!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Wow, awesome lighting Alex  &apls

whatevermind

Quote from: xannepan on November 07, 2012, 12:42:41 PM
I already managed to write a script in Matlab to read the effect dir

Ah, we have finally found the definition of insanity  $%Grinno$%

On a more serious note, this looks great, amazing work with the lights. And a good video too!

mave94

Wow, that looks awesome! Congratulations on managing the lightning effects. :thumbsup:

-Matthijs

jmyers2043

I have actually managed to create all new effects! The Tour Eiffel now contains flash lights (run from 22-24h).

Yes, this is very cool!

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ScottFTL

Wow!  That is amazing.   &apls