• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

xannepan

A quick and dirty screenshot for WIP.
New animals (these are not replacements)! Zebras!

Still trying to get the god mode brush to work. Sofar, I have used copies of the horse model animations, because another thing I still haven't figured out how to import s3d animations into illive reader.

-Alex

Swordmaster

Mmm, I'm getting ideas for a zoo here.

Great work, Alex.

Cheers
Willy

Schulmanator

New animals would be most welcome! Lions, tigers, zebras... oh my!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

vortext

The light effect is really really awesome!  &apls  &apls

And also great to see the work on the animal brushes though I'm wondering, are you still working on the medievall stuff as well?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sunv123

Quote from: Schulmanator on November 11, 2012, 03:36:10 PM
New animals would be most welcome! Lions, tigers, zebras... oh my!
Quote from: vortext on November 12, 2012, 08:51:15 AM
The light effect is really really awesome!  &apls  &apls

And also great to see the work on the animal brushes though I'm wondering, are you still working on the medievall stuff as well?
Boom, got a great idea! The medieval horses that knight rode on! %BUd%   
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

mattb325

Just when you thought youd seen it all - lights and zebras  $%Grinno$%

Brilliant work on this, Alex  &apls

jmyers2043

Alex, I started for you a topic in the scrutiny threads. You should be able to see it.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

DebussyMan

Just saw the tower in-game. Amazing job on both modeling and night effects!   &apls

My only complaint would be that it shouldn't be a landmark with jobs, as it dilapidates if you want to put it in a setting far from a road or an all-plop city, asi is often the case with Paris recreations.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

xannepan

Good suggestion on the landmark with jobs. i will change that.

xannepan

Quote from: vortext on November 12, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

... are you still working on the medievall stuff as well?

Yes... but because there are sooo many lot and desc files that have to be created (for different stages (1,2,3) and wealth levels progress is slow.. mainly because that working is extreeeeeemly boring boring boring...

I might consider posting the wind and watermills for testing soon.. and perhaps version1 of the walls and add all new stuff in expansion packs...

In the mean while I have worked a bit on animals.

I have managed to isolate the existing game lion and create a seperate brush for it. Additionally, I have created a bengal tiger brush. The tiger is still based on an existing in game model (in this case the lion) with a different skin... but it doesn't replace the lion. In all fairness the lion model is not ideal for a tiger.. on the other hand it is not as bad as creating a pig from an elephant lol.

vortext

Quote from: xannepan on November 13, 2012, 09:41:52 AM
yes... but because there are sooo many lot and desc files that have to be created (for different stages (1,2,3) and wealth levels progress is slow.. mainly because that working is extreeeeeemly boring boring boring...

Ah yes, that can be quite tedious. Let me know if you need a hand, I'd be happy to help out since it would be a shame if such great models remained on the shelf because of that.  :)

Quote from: xannepan on November 13, 2012, 09:41:52 AM
on the other hand it is not as bad as creating a pig from an elephant lol.

:D

time flies like a bird

Girafe

Have you though about doing animations with farm animals:

- chickens running
- pigs in the mud
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Schulmanator

The tigers look AWESOME! I am excited!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

xannepan

Quote from: Girafe on November 13, 2012, 03:22:36 PM
Have you though about doing animations with farm animals:

- chickens running
- pigs in the mud

Yes I have. Actually, I got the idea for creating new animals when I was working on the medieval farms. My first plan was to add pigs and sheep. I do have a rigged pig model on the shelf (that is an animated low poly model) with uvw unwrapped textures. All I need to do is figure out how I can get an animated model from max into the reader... Single frame is not a problem, but multiple frames is something I don't think the reader supports :( . So that is the reasons I am still using new instances of existing 3d models included in the game already, and just giving those a new skin. For chickens and pigs I just don't have a good base model to start from atm.

Quote from: vortext on November 13, 2012, 11:26:07 AM

Ah yes, that can be quite tedious. Let me know if you need a hand, I'd be happy to help out since it would be a shame if such great models remained on the shelf because of that.  :)
on the other hand it is not as bad as creating a pig from an elephant lol.

Thanks! that would be great. I'll the to organize the files a bit.. If that works out I'll get back to you.

xannepan

Wow it turns out there are much more animals in the simcity1.dat file than I expected (polar bears, kangaroos, chimps, brown bears). Some of these I have never seen in the game. I will make some mods to "unlock" these animals and provide brushes and ploppable lots.

Swordmaster

I think I've seen brown bears, actually. Or am I wrong?

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

I've seen brown bears as well, but none of the others.

Great work on this.  Between nbvc's sea creatures and your land animals, our cities will be over-run by nature in no time  :D

CasperVg

I think the polar pears, chimps, etc. are used in the Zoo reward, but not as actual fauna. That would be nice to have for variety actually :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

xannepan

Quote from: CasperVg on November 14, 2012, 10:30:18 AM
I think the polar pears, chimps, etc. are used in the Zoo reward, but not as actual fauna. That would be nice to have for variety actually :)

You are partly right, with the exception that the zoo uses animated props, not real 3d models. By the looks of it though MAXIS used the samen 3d models for creating the animations.

Indeed brown bears are included. If you use the god mode tree brush also brown bears appear.

vortext

Quote from: xannepan on November 13, 2012, 08:54:25 PM
Thanks! that would be great. I'll the to organize the files a bit.. If that works out I'll get back to you.
Cool  :thumbsup:

As for new farm animals; wouldn't it be possible to take an existing 3d model, scale it back to proper dimensions and then reskin it?
time flies like a bird