• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

xannepan

Quote from: vortext on November 14, 2012, 10:56:49 AM
Quote from: xannepan on November 13, 2012, 08:54:25 PM
Thanks! that would be great. I'll the to organize the files a bit.. If that works out I'll get back to you.

As for new farm animals; wouldn't it be possible to take an existing 3d model, scale it back to proper dimensions and then reskin it?

That's how i created the bengal tiger with the lion model as a starting point. Problem is, that the existing animals are difficult to fit with a pig or sheep.

As for chickens... Due to poly count limitations and the small size of a chicken, I don't think it will look acceptable...

vortext

Quote from: xannepan on November 14, 2012, 12:47:43 PM
Problem is, that the existing animals are difficult to fit with a pig or sheep.

As for chickens... Due to poly count limitations and the small size of a chicken, I don't think it will look acceptable...

Guess editing the vertices (or what it's called) in the Reader is too cumbersome? Besides, it would probably mess with the skin fitting anyway.

Maybe you could get in touch with NGAICO, he seems pretty knowledgeable on the subject, at least I remember seeing a number of animations and effects he made as well (and sorry if I misspelled his name  :-[).
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Hellken

Quote from: xannepan on October 26, 2012, 10:48:10 AM
Hellken: it think I attached it in some previous post in this topic. I am affraid I have done some uplifting of the rue de rivoli buildings (not uploaded yet) and I have lost the old files.

-alex

Is the "Joan of Arc" statue prop lost also? 

xannepan

Back to posting here again for a change. You probably know by now I have started playing with the effect dir.... much of the experiments are posted elsewhere.

But I started to play with water... Guess what these experiments have resulted in... better waterfalls (still much tweaking to do).. and... RAIN. This is NOT photoshopped ;)

Girafe

Exceptional Alex. The rain is too big but the progress on this domain is fabulous  ::)

Keep going on this way  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Never been so happy to see it raining!  :D

Though it begs the question, can it be made so the water remains in the city after saving?
time flies like a bird

Girafe

Maybe a stupid question, but an effect (rain is an effect) could be Mayor mod ploppable with seasonal modding like flora?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

As always with rain it will be a trade of between raindrop size (easy for me to chance), rain density, and computer performance. At this moment I don't have a huge city, but I tested in the maxis big city tutorial and performance seemed to be fine (in all fairness I do have a very high end MSI laptop)

There is no 'water' attached to this rain as with the rain effect brush in god mode. So no surface water is generated, neither is your city flooded.  Sofar it is an effect you can put on a lot. It's either on (lot placed) or off (lot destroyed) although I can program a random chance effect appearance.

No clouds, sounds, lighting yet... all possible on the long run.

By altering the gravity properties, speed and effect color, snow should be possible too.

Performance is my main concern.

Schulmanator

Definitely an intriguing idea. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Swordmaster

Very clever, Alex. I'm paying attention here.

Cheers
Willy

mattb325

This is amazing stuff, Alex - look forward to seeing your progress  &apls

NCGAIO

Quote from: xannepan on December 02, 2012, 11:13:02 AM

Performance is my main concern.

Same problem of experiences Gizmo. Even the current hardware much more powerful does not help the way inefficient and unstable in that the animations are implemented in the game

With high or mid graphics set the screen lags when scrolling are inevitable in some larger cities with any transit.

"$Deal"$  - http://gizmo.webspaceforme.net/index.php?action=downloadseffectmods&sa=weathermod

vortext

Ah I see, didn't know there were, in fact, two different kinds of rain. 

Still the question remains, is it theoretically possible to make the rain tool work properly? Or is there something hardcoded that prevents different waterlevels ever becoming a reality?
time flies like a bird

NCGAIO

Nothing in this sense can be saved with the game then the answer apparently is unfortunately ... no!

xannepan

I feel a little simcity burn out coming up  &ops. Better to finish something I started some time ago.... have a look here..

http://youtu.be/_jwfA2XlA2o

rambuckel

Awesome presentation of brilliant BATs ... thanks for sharing!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

DebussyMan

Those animated mills are awesome! hope you continue with your medieval set...

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

vester

Looks great....

but isn't the wind mill turning the wrong way around ?

Here is a youtube of Dybbøl Mølle / Dybbøl Mill.

jmyers2043

that may be the case. But I'd rather have them turn clockwise, the same direction as the Maxis Wind Power generators.

Nice models!!

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

FrankU

Oh, beautiful mills!
Gives me the opportunity to expand my Dutch windmills set.....