• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

rambuckel

Great work again! Your skills are admirable  &apls &apls &apls &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

xannepan

Thanks for the motivating comments!

Some in game screens once more. I have decided to revert back to the original model, 8 meters elevation instead of 15 meters. Instead of using an elevated road puzzle pieces now you just need to elevate the terrain by 8 m (using one of those leveling lots).
Additionally I played a bit with transparent windows for the terminal. Not sure it was worth the effort but if you look in the close up screenshot you can actually see people moving inside the terminal.

All that is left for me to do is add some stunning night lights, improve the road textures in the front of the terminal and add a few more details to the building itself and to the lot to make it a bit more lively. After that I need some help. I have no clue on how to make this a functional airport, and I believe I read somewhere all functional airports need to be packed into a single dat file in order to prevent the game from crashing..

Alex

noahclem

QuoteI have decided to revert back to the original model, 8 meters elevation instead of 15 meters. Instead of using an elevated road puzzle pieces now you just need to elevate the terrain by 8 m (using one of those leveling lots).

I'm glad to hear that! I was going to comment about the 15m thing before but I couldn't think of a good solution for it so I just kept my mouth shut  ;D

Are you having the transit-enable portion be a road or a one-way road? OWR would definitely be best imho.

I've been thinking it for some time but realized I've not really said it: lots of people tell you that your work here is of the highest quality and I definitely agree. What's even more impressive though is how innovative and revolutionary the things you do are. A K-point for that, more specifically for this project.

mattb325

&apls I really love how this is coming along

The terminal just looks fantastic - the texturing is excellent

Glazert

I really am stunned at how versatile you are. Not only have you brought us exquisite Parisian constructions but now you show you can handle modern building with curved windows.

Swordmaster

Oh, been missing these recent developments. Great airport building! I agree with Theresa, I always admire people who can throw in some model as if it's a breakfast omelet. And a really good omelet, at that.

Cheers
Willy

whatevermind

Looks great!

Quote from: xannepan on December 11, 2012, 11:50:11 AM
I believe I read somewhere all functional airports need to be packed into a single dat file in order to prevent the game from crashing..

Essentially, yes. I haven't looked into it with the AC airports, but that's how the BSC Functional Seaports work, and I believe they use similar methods. It comes down to only being able to have one controller file loaded, and that file needs to contain/reference all of the ports of that type you want to use. Then they use a series of enabler/disabler files to control what actually shows up on your menus. BSC left some placeholder spots available for custom seaports, I don't know if AC did the same.

sunv123

Looks very interesing! Will there be USA/Western style road model for this BAT? It seems like the airports are built with the euro texture.

Quote from: SwordmasterI always admire people who can throw in some model as if it's a breakfast omelet

That's a delicous and interesting omelet! :D
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Serkanner

Quote from: sunv123 on December 12, 2012, 05:04:49 AM
Looks very interesing! Will there be USA/Western style road model for this BAT? It seems like the airports are built with the euro texture.

Quote from: SwordmasterI always admire people who can throw in some model as if it's a breakfast omelet

That's a delicous and interesting omelet! :D
Yummy indeed!

xannepan

I am glad you all like it, and thanks for the k-point Noa!

About the roads and transit enabling. I avoided TE-ing the lot because of the game crash that may occur in relation with puzzle pieces. Instead the front lower level side (arrivals section) is a seperate lot that seemlessly fits. Consequently there are no textures "baked into" the lot, you regular road texture will appear.. Another benefit of the seperate lot is that you could actually use it to make an aditional level....

Hmmm.. difficult to explain in words.. I'll have to include some pictures in the readme for this one.

xannepan

A bit of progress... The graphical glitches are a result of an issue with my new hardware &*(**&^*^!#@#

Serkanner

It looks absolutely brilliant.  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

You are truly a man of many talents!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

xannepan

Well the runways are as good as ready, at least up to a point where I really cannot improve upon.
There are still bugs, but I really think many of these are intrinsicly related to the game.  NOt sure when and how to release the air traffic controller. There are no runway lots yet with a sufficient length. Perhaps Voltaire can also help here (he already offered to help out, yet he also is busy with RL :)

For now I turned back to playing with the weather effects. Again much learnings here.
I isolated the lightning effect, which was exceptionally difficult because of the cross reference to section 3 and 4 from the sec_indx entries in section 12. Each time you think you understand the effectdir, something that is specific to a particular effect pops-up.
Anway, I figured out how the cross references work and I now can control earthquake shakes (section 4 which was already known), and the screen flashing (which is controlled in section 4) effects associated with a lightning strike.  I want to attempt creating a lightnig effect that is triggered randomly and can strike anywhere on the map.

I also found out that the last entry in section 4 controls the delay by which the screen flashes. The third entry the RGB values and the before last entry is the overall brightness (over time). What I hope to achieve is to tweak an entry in section 13 in such way that instead of a quick white flash, I get a stable dark screen overlay, which I hope to use to make it darker during rainfall...

I also created snow (similar to how Lowkee did it) which looks great. And at least on my laptop the snow nor rain doesn't seem to cause any performance issues. For snow I want to try to create some white terrain brushes in section 2.

Perhaps a good idea to see how I can add all new knowledge to the wiki....

NCGAIO

Not wanting to bother you but since you do not know when they will release it maybe could post the new controller in the web link that sent me the other time, grateful! :thumbsup:

There are several planes to the lightning that are randomly used for this purpose then it must be many references.

xannepan

Have a look at this early WIP and tell me what you think... (by the way... I cannot solve the performance issues possibly related to this upcoming mod).

http://youtu.be/wI5IkPrigDo

art128

Oh my! That's sweet! Who could have imagined that ten years after the game's launch we will have weather controller?!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Sweet. Does the snow stay on the ground or ?

xannepan

I am trying to make the snow stay on the ground. Fairly sure I can simulate something with the section in the effdir that controller terrain textures (same as a volcano casts an ash like texture of the terrain). Again my main concern is peformance impact.

I also have random lightning working (made it non destructive).

Once i have the snow textures done I am going to try if I can do it without the lot. I am thinking of mis-using (replacing) the groundfog (or other cloud) effect and replace them by the new weather effects.

Schulmanator

I am stunned and thrilled. I can hardly believe it!

You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0