• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

jmyers2043

That is very cool. I am excited about the thought of seeing a lot of screen grabs in City Journals.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Girafe

Aurora Borealis, my last track in my music folder  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ynic0Em-hs

Fantastic Alex.

I have few questions:

-is it possible that during the day the sun leaves its orange tints and switches to yellow / white ones. And when dusk comes it takes again orange / red colors?

- does the moon light up a little bit?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Quote from: Girafe on January 09, 2013, 05:54:41 AM

-is it possible that during the day the sun leaves its orange tints and switches to yellow / white ones. And when dusk comes it takes again orange / red colors?
- does the moon light up a little bit?

The sun actually does that as it rises... I had limited time to make the video, so I forgot to put in a scene with the sun higher up in the sky.
At this moment the moon only shows at night at constant brightness.

Tuning of the effects turned out to be extremely challenging since I still do not understand many of the parameters in the effect dir. I will include a list of limitations in the readme. Still there are many improvements that are possible, but I just don't have the time to implement them :( (e.g I could make the sun more lively by adding some dynamics to the texture).

peterycristi

It's just... i can't find words!  :o
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

NCGAIO

:) Needless to say ... wonderful work!

Are the news that keeps even more kindled interest in the game and you're doing it very well! congratulations  &apls &apls

- tks citation!

threestooges

Wonderful work there xannepan. Thanks for looking into an area of the game that's been relatively overlooked and pressing the boundary of what's possible ever farther. That moon, around 2:50 in the video where it's silhouetting the trees on the edge of the map, almost looks like a moonrise over a hill (imagining the edge of the map as the crest of the hill). Looking forward to seeing its progression and release.
-Matt

epicblunder

:o  ohmygodohmygodohmygod........    &apls

noahclem

sunv123

Tis a great work of digital art and it's just amazing. Though, there is one thing that I dislike and that is the fact that you have to put it in the center. For large tiles, the center is pretty hard to find and it's a hassle. It's not that bad though, I would appreciate it if you could find some way to fix it, even though it may be very hard indeed. &mmm If you could, it would be over the top.

Overall, it's a great work of art. ()stsfd()
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Swordmaster

Quote from: sunv123 on January 09, 2013, 05:27:59 PM
Tis a great work of digital art and it's just amazing. Though, there is one thing that I dislike and that is the fact that you have to put it in the center. For large tiles, the center is pretty hard to find and it's a hassle. It's not that bad though, I would appreciate it if you could find some way to fix it, even though it may be very hard indeed. &mmm If you could, it would be over the top.

Overall, it's a great work of art. ()stsfd()

It's not hard to find at all unless it's developed already. Use the power line tool to count tiles. There's one pylon every ten tiles.

Great work, Alex!

Cheers
Willy

epicblunder

Quote from: sunv123 on January 09, 2013, 05:27:59 PM
For large tiles, the center is pretty hard to find and it's a hassle. It's not that bad though, I would appreciate it if you could find some way to fix it, even though it may be very hard indeed. &mmm If you could, it would be over the top.

Or just ctrl-X, type in terrainquery, hit enter.  Now your query tool will give you the x and y tile number when you hover over it (the bottom line, NOT the top line, which is distances in meters).  For a large city you want tile 127 of each.

Also, in my limited testing the mod seems to work with the DarkNite mod, but the sunrise seemed to be too light before the sun came up.  However that may be the animation and the cycles not properly sync-ing up because of my impatience.  I still haven't gotten the aurora to appear, though.

xannepan

Readme file ;-) : To find the center I have created a helper: hit CTRL+x type in "Effect jenxscreencenter". A marker will be placed in the screencenter. but indeed only of undeveloped terrain and water, so good point aout that one.

The limitations in the readme explain that I haven't succeeded in doing it without placing it in the center, which is indeed the bigges limitation (and frustration) of all. That's also why I put all the warnings in and why I consider it a beta release.

About the aurora: I have had some PMs about this also. It should appear in january nights. But I guess because months can pass much quicker then 24hrs in SC4, it may be a lucky shot to have them appear. have an idea how to improve by using the visual state changes prop, and will implement in a nex release. If you have some experience with Ilives reader you can open the dat file, find the aurora effect exemplar and tune the simulator date and time of day properties.

Epic blunder could you please post a sceenshot about the light issue and query the game clock (hover the cursor over the game date for a few seconds without moving the mouse)

Please keep reporting unknown issues guys! It will help me improve the plugin.

xannepan

I deeply apologize but I already had to update as I forgot to include the FSH texture for the aurora (they where still in the dat file for the unreleased weather controller).
Also I changed the aurora exemplar a bit. Aurora should now display always if you switch to night time in january (on my PC it works fine). I also updated the readme, by adding some more nuances to the limitations section.

For now I really recommend this plugin only for patient and experienced players ;-)

weixc812

Thank you so much for sharing  &apls
I've never imagined a mod like this, so creative that I can't believe myself :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Kergelen

I really enjoyed your presentations. Are very exciting.  &apls &apls
Would it be possible to make a reflection effect of moonlight on the sea? I imagine the moon on the sea.

Links to SC4 websites

xannepan

Quote from: Kergelen on January 10, 2013, 02:14:07 AM

Would it be possible to make a reflection effect of moonlight on the sea? I imagine the moon on the sea.

I think it is possible by applying a water specific texture which fades in and out. Unfortunately, I won't have any time for it soon.

epicblunder

I took a series of screens.  I used the updated 2.0 mod, and i still can't see the auroras with simfox's Day'n'Night installed.  The screens are on my online storage here.  If they appear out of order you can sort by name in the top right corner.  Clicking one brings up a slideshow setup like windows default picture viewer.

After i uploaded those photos something occured to me:  I was testing that with Gobias' terrain, which has it's own lighting exemplar included in the terrain mod.  So maybe it's not darknite which is causing your mod to act funny, it might be the lighting exemplar in the terrain.  I'll have to do some more testing when i have time tomorrow to know.

xannepan

Thx. That helps. I cannot yet explain all that I am seeing though... Part of it indeed must be due to another day/night setting.
It seems some effects are (just a bit) out of sync with each other. But not the ones I expected??? I'll have to think about it...

Did you download the update wrt the aurora?

josh6

Hi xannepan, I love your work, its amazing.

I was just wondering if all or any of the weather/sun-moon mods can also be applied to region view

I would love to see a rain shower over my entire city and even  my city in the night.

Regards, Josh6

xannepan

I haven't looked into regional effects, but Unfortunately, I haven't encounterd anything sofar that would make it possible.. So I am not hopeful.