• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

NCGAIO

May be the modification of the texture!

xannepan

NCGAIO. I am sorry... But I don't get your point  :(   
I am doing my best but your English text/words is very difficult to understand. (I don't doubt your best intentions!) I also don't understand what exactly you are showing in again another video. Is this something you did with the rain tool. Or did you create mods to do this? If so I would really appreciate it if you could share with the community. You have posted other nice videos before, but I never was able to find any mod or so... Did I miss them??

Anyway: you have said earlier that many things were not possible or would have a too high performance impact (e.g. with rain). Sofar hardly anyone has performance problems with the weather mod. So my friendly advice for the day:
keep thinking in possibilities, not in limitations :)

Even now with all the limitations the poseidon mod is something that can make some simcity-4 fans (including myself) ver happy. And that is enough for the start of a beautiful,(looking outside) yet rainy day :)

Off to work now...

ivo_su

Alex I want to express my enormous gratitude to your work. Your last mods are simply amazing and completely changed the game, making many impossible things possible. Project Jupiter is just standard for a job well done, very effective and simple to work with him.
Personally, I have great difficulty in Aurora, looking right and center, I could not achieve the desired effect, and so far I have not seen a sunrise or moon. Maybe if you are able to reorganize Aurora using best practices from Jupiter, without having to be positioned exactly in the center, this will lead to greater optimization.
At this point I only tested alpha1 Poseidon and I can say that I am satisfied and happy with what I saw. I think it will be a revolution in the construction of canals and they will now have a real water. Maybe NAM and in particular to consider Diggis puzzle pieces working under water. Perhaps if separate lots to the water level will be easier in order that you can plop one Lot in several holes and they have the same level of water in them.
Anyway, what I want to say is that you do chudesai I'm a big fan of your work.

- Ivo

AngryBirdsFan436

Nobody answered my question! :(
Well I have a request: Will there be a hurricane effect for the Weather Mod? Ranging from Tropical storm to Cat 5? Please reply!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

NCGAIO

Okay ...  :thumbsup:   

Good luck with the mods ! :)

Diggis

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 28, 2013, 01:26:50 AM
Nobody answered my question! :(
Well I have a request: Will there be a hurricane effect for the Weather Mod? Ranging from Tropical storm to Cat 5? Please reply!

Xannepan responded right below you:

Quote from: xannepan on January 23, 2013, 10:51:51 AM
Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 21, 2013, 01:39:41 AM
I downloaded your weather mod and it's GREAT!! But can there be some other stuff like hurricanes ranging from Category 1 to Category 5? That would be awesome!

Possibly... but how would you imagine a hurricane would look like? Just let me know your ideas and I can try, although in all honesty for now I will be focusing on getting out some bugs, trying to improve some functionallity, and making so effect optional.

It's now up to you to explain how it would look in game.  ;)

AngryBirdsFan436

Oops! I didn't look! Sorry!  :-[
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

vortext

Quote from: NCGAIO on January 27, 2013, 08:43:02 PM

May be the modification of the texture!
[image]

That issue was mentioned in Whatevermind's post. If there's proper ingame water on the tile the side texture will appear!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

xannepan

Some really good news for aurora. While working on the poseidon mod I learned how to trigger and place an effect without having to place a lot at all (via a LUA script sc4game.effect.create_effect function).

So there is a great chance I can now get rid of the issue of having to place a lot in the center of the city.
Same will work for the weather mod all well, although with a lot you can easily choose if you have weather or not for each city independently and you can get rid of the weather by demolishing the lot.

So back to aurora for a while.

ivo_su

Great news Alex, I was hoping just that. I guess you will not only correct the effect of Northern Lights, but also with the moon and the sun, not to plop Lot at a designated place.

MandelSoft

Oh man, that's a real breakthrough, Alex! You've outdone yourself again! :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Simcoug

Like all the dedicated NAM members, your recent mod work will keep this game alive for another decade.  Thank you so much!   &apls

noahclem

Great news again. You make it hard for us to take you seriously when you say it looks like something isn't possible  :D

ElPhantasmo69

I hope that no one has asked already, but is there going to be a version that is rain only as opposed to rain and snow, etc; or a version that just installs optional components of the weather mod?

Carny

Hi people. :)
Sorry for my bad english, but i need help.
Anyway, first of all, thanks for your incredible work on the awesome mods!

Now, the question: Yesterday i downloaded AURORA mod (following all the requirements and indications in the readme file) but i could not see its effects properly, because the (CTRL+X) "Effect Jenxscreencenter" doesn't work for some reason on my city tiles. Without it and its markers, as you can imagine, i can't position correctly the park-lot in the center of the tile.
I've installed the "Maxis extracheat dll" as required, but the effect still not work.
Any suggestion? 

Thanks in advance.

aix

Quote from: Carny on January 28, 2013, 02:03:45 PM
Hi people. :)
Sorry for my bad english, but i need help.
Anyway, first of all, thanks for your incredible work on the awesome mods!

Now, the question: Yesterday i downloaded AURORA mod (following all the requirements and indications in the readme file) but i could not see its effects properly, because the (CTRL+X) "Effect Jenxscreencenter" doesn't work for some reason on my city tiles. Without it and its markers, as you can imagine, i can't position correctly the park-lot in the center of the tile.
I've installed the "Maxis extracheat dll" as required, but the effect still not work.
Any suggestion? 

Thanks in advance.

I am also experiencing this problem. I have the Extra Cheats and the Aurora mod installed in the root plugin directory (not the My Documents) without any sub-folders. I type "Effect Jenxscreencenter" and no marker appears. I have tried several variations in capitalization to no success. I tried it in all city tile sizes with a variety of terrains. I do make use of custom terrain and water textures. 

Thank you for all your hard work and I was literally STUNNED at the beautiful and breathtaking videos that showcase this awesome mod!

Carny

I am also experiencing this problem. I have the Extra Cheats and the Aurora mod installed in the root plugin directory (not the My Documents) without any sub-folders. I type "Effect Jenxscreencenter" and no marker appears. I have tried several variations in capitalization to no success. I tried it in all city tile sizes with a variety of terrains. I do make use of custom terrain and water textures. 

Thank you for all your hard work and I was literally STUNNED at the beautiful and breathtaking videos that showcase this awesome mod!

Fixed it. ;)
I downloaded precisely the "extra cheats DLL" linked in the readme of Aurora Mod, i moved it to plugins directory (in my documents), i removed trees in the center of the tile (to see better) and now the marker is visible.

Solved this problem, i noticed another one: during sun rising and sunset effects, when i scroll the screen sky colours invades the city tiles. Also for some seconds weird black spots appear on the background. Nothing seriuos, but the sky during sun effects probably needs more "stability" and some fixes. :)

Anyway, i'm trying to use both AURORA and Jupiter mods on a wild landscape with seasonal flora controller, and they are generating awesome scenes . :D
I am speechless. :)

aix

I moved both Extra Cheats and Aurora mod itself into the top of the My Documents plugin directly, and still no results. My landscape is relatively barren with no vegetation. Below is a screenshot with the cheat dialogue re-opened to show how I am typing in the code.

ivo_su

This rapid test is how to build a true water channels and CAN-AM mod. Looks really nice, but the problems are that the boats will sail under water, as the paths are buried pretty deep. Given this concept has a future and generic

NCGAIO

Just to get this straight ... which means here the expression "true water - canals"

Canals are built at sea level?