• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

andisart

Really, xannepan, what is next??
You keep amazing me... New animals, wow, I didnt even know it is possible to create animated models!!!
How do you do that? Is there a tut or some reference?

xannepan

Quote from: NCGAIO on February 03, 2013, 01:06:06 PM

What are the models not used? Just curious as to whether any escaped me.

Perhaps I should have been more carefull in choosing my words :) I have never seen some animals myself, such as monkeys (at least not the s3d version) , dolphins, kangaroo... Maxis did put in some of these animals in the zoo that comes with the game, but merely as animated props. It maybe that the animals are used in some UDI missions but I am not sure...

Glad you like these NCGAIO, and indeed easier to create.

@Andisart. There is no tutorial, it still requires effecf dir editing to make those. Sofar I only use maxis included 3d animal models as the basis, i just give them a new instance, new skin (zebras uses the horse model, tiger uses the lion model) and create a new effect dir. Anyone that wants to try effect dir editing can have my scripts... You do need matlab though in that case.

M4346

I didn't know the collective noun was a sloth of bears... you learn something new every day! :P

These look great, thanks! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

xannepan

Quote from: M4346 on February 03, 2013, 11:04:13 PM
I didn't know the collective noun was a sloth of bears... you learn something new every day! :P

I didn't know either... according Wikipedia it is though :)

HurricaneMod10

I would love to seen more animals with such as snakes, spiders, alligators, chimpanzees etc and there are lots of more animals on the list from Wiki site is log onto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animal_names website. I would like to get a download with matlab and create a new effect dir for animals, but I can't get it.

Quote from: xannepan on February 03, 2013, 10:09:33 PM
Quote from: NCGAIO on February 03, 2013, 01:06:06 PM

What are the models not used? Just curious as to whether any escaped me.

Perhaps I should have been more carefull in choosing my words :) I have never seen some animals myself, such as monkeys (at least not the s3d version) , dolphins, kangaroo... Maxis did put in some of these animals in the zoo that comes with the game, but merely as animated props. It maybe that the animals are used in some UDI missions but I am not sure...

Glad you like these NCGAIO, and indeed easier to create.

@Andisart. There is no tutorial, it still requires effecf dir editing to make those. Sofar I only use maxis included 3d animal models as the basis, i just give them a new instance, new skin (zebras uses the horse model, tiger uses the lion model) and create a new effect dir. Anyone that wants to try effect dir editing can have my scripts... You do need matlab though in that case.

NCGAIO

Well ... with respect to chimpanzees i think should be on the list of Alex.

Just to clarify the Zoo animals are animations texture and the S3D models are used in the condition of "Escape from Zoo" so you can only see chimps running around town if that happens.

Regarding other before of animating them by the effect will need   get or make the models  also combining some properties, so models new are no longer so simple.

&mmm As for the famous "kangaroo",  unless I missed something think it is a mistake of interpret ...

- Alex i had some curiosities about the Poseidon but do not think appropriate to post here then if send a PM  i will get an answer? :)

note: I'm still waiting for the e-mail I sent. ()sad()

AngryBirdsFan436

Anyway, did anybody read my post about the hurricane effect? I want a hurricane effect in the next Jupiter release!

Given that you've posted about it multiple times, and xannepan has already answered you about it, that would qualify as being "read".  Just because you may want a hurricane effect does not mean that there will be a hurricane effect in the next Jupiter release, and your post comes off as demanding.

Consider this an official warning--removing this warning is a violation of Site Rule #5.

-Tarkus (in Admin mode)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Girafe

hehe, I am not here for a demand or whatsoever but I just would like to thank you for your hard work on animals of course (love the giraffes  :P) and your updates on weather & celestial animations :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

AngryBirdsFan436

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 04, 2013, 06:03:54 PM
Anyway, did anybody read my post about the hurricane effect? I want a hurricane effect in the next Jupiter release!

Given that you've posted about it multiple times, and xannepan has already answered you about it, that would qualify as being "read".  Just because you may want a hurricane effect does not mean that there will be a hurricane effect in the next Jupiter release, and your post comes off as demanding.

Consider this an official warning--removing this warning is a violation of Site Rule #5.

-Tarkus (in Admin mode)

Oops! Sorry! I won't do it again! I'll just be patient!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

xannepan

Let's just say it was your enthusiasm  AngryBirdsFan436..

NCGAIO: I also encountered the texture problem ocassionally... In the game everything seems to look just fine though. Go ahead with the PM.. I'll try to answer it asap... although work is very busy lately so I it may take some time before I can answer. I won't spend too many time on poseidon anymore unless I'll discover something by playing with the other effect. The only thing I want to do is clean it up a but as Whatevermind suggested, and perhaps then post it as an alpha release...

Meanwhile I have been working on some Dolphins... They look cool... I just can't get them to swim yet  :D

FrankU

Hi Xannepan,
Did you know about the NBVC dolphins on Simpeg?

http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=715

I don't know if they are comparable, because I did not use them and also did not read the whole discussion, but it would be a pity if you tried to uncover something that has been uncovered already.

xannepan

Quote from: FrankU on February 05, 2013, 02:42:44 AM
Hi Xannepan,
Did you know about the NBVC dolphins on Simpeg?

http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=715

I don't know if they are comparable, because I did not use them and also did not read the whole discussion, but it would be a pity if you tried to uncover something that has been uncovered already.

Yep I know them.. but Simpeg version are not animated, just static props. All "my" animals are fully animated 3d models :)... for the Dolphins it means they actually swim :)

andisart

Quote from: xannepan on February 05, 2013, 03:00:24 AM
Yep I know them.. but Simpeg version are not animated, just static props. All "my" animals are fully animated 3d models :)... for the Dolphins it means they actually swim :)
Oh, Oh, Oh, I love Dolphins! And they will swimmmm??
In my cities??
That's so exciting I feel giddy...
Xannepan whatya dooing to us?
hehe ;-)
Seriously, CANT WAIT! ur the best

NCGAIO

Quote from: xannepan on February 04, 2013, 11:56:17 PM

NCGAIO: I also encountered the texture problem ocassionally... In the game everything seems to look just fine though.

Maybe I should have explained better ... I am not referring to the texture problems that are motivated by the fact iReader only identifies them by ID but the fact that the model is not a ganguru as many suppose, just watch the third photo.

Go ahead with the PM.. I'll try to answer it asap... although work is very busy lately so I it may take some time before I can answer. I won't spend too many time on poseidon anymore unless I'll discover something by playing with the other effect.

So best left for later because the work will also prevent me from going back to this in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile I have been working on some Dolphins... They look cool... I just can't get them to swim yet  :D

I think I suffer from the same problems of sailing boats  that  are executed by exe in the certain peculiar conditions of the game. In recent memory i only remember seen them "swimming" through the mod Stex... - Udi Dolphin

noahclem

I'm loving the critters! Haven't seen much for in-game pics around so I hope you don't mind if I show a quick one so people know how good they look ;)

Thanks for all the great work you've been doing Alex!

And my hat's off to the maxis dudes for these nice models.

xannepan

Great pciture Noah!

NCGAIO: you are right.. :o. I completely missed that...mmmm.. What is it then? Nothing comes to mind at this moment...

By the way: I solved the issue with the dolphins... They swim now! Already on the LEX.

noahclem

Thanks Alex! Just a quick and dirty job to see if they like to jump MMP fences--which they do like to do ;)  Somehow things around here can't help but make me want to build a zoo.... As a potential option I wonder if it might be a good idea to also release a single download containing all the animals. If you're done finding them that is.

NCGAIO

Quote from: xannepan on February 05, 2013, 12:28:40 PM

By the way: I solved the issue with the dolphins... They swim now! Already on the LEX.

&apls This will really draw attention. With new models his work will bring a new idea to the fauna of the game.

As always, congratulations.

note; correct the LD.

HurricaneMod10

Let's just say it was your enthusiasm  AngryBirdsFan436..

NCGAIO: I also encountered the texture problem ocassionally... In the game everything seems to look just fine though. Go ahead with the PM.. I'll try to answer it asap... although work is very busy lately so I it may take some time before I can answer. I won't spend too many time on poseidon anymore unless I'll discover something by playing with the other effect. The only thing I want to do is clean it up a but as Whatevermind suggested, and perhaps then post it as an alpha release...

Wow! You are so amazing to creations the models with animals but I could might be creating the small or large spiders on the 3d models. Just a share with post them on here. I can't be able to get a work with the Effect Dir as usually at the moment.

Yild

first off - i didnt seen your animals mod in game (live) but i was wandering is there a possibility that some 'objects' animals, cars, ships could move from one point to another? i.e cruise ship that can actually move on route that _we_ choose? (if possible path could be marked (x, y or tile) by ploppable 'rocks', 'buoys', etc.)
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev