• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

Terring7

I'm going to turn my cities into zoos, with eagles and bears sharing the city with my Sims. Can't wait to see your next surprises :thumbsup:
And what next? Alien animals? ;D

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

xannepan

Quote from: Diggis on February 10, 2013, 02:18:06 AM
Out of curiosity, does this mean you are able to add new effects for use on a lot?  Say for example, a smoke effect or something similar?

Yep that is possible. The animals but also the eifel towers strobes and even the weather all are effects that can be used on lots similar to props.
But for things like existing smoke etc that was already the case with jeronij mod (I think it was jeronij..). It is fairly easy for me now to chance properties of the maxis smoke effects though (size, density, color etc)

xannepan

Quote from: NCGAIO on February 09, 2013, 10:33:28 AM

Is possible move whale-Marks in z axis but the same can not be done as the model "submerged" so to speak, i wanted to know if somehow you adjusted the height of  effect?

With other offsets could think of fishing boats leaving the beach or docks for submarines ... eventually many other things.

But at the moment only curiosity to know eg if the effect of smoke from the tugs could follow trains.
:

I think there is already a steam train, which has smoke (not sure though)

With the u1 parameter I can control to have an effect appear at fixed height either in absolute sence, or relative to the terrain ground level. Water seems to be a special case. It is fairly easy to have effects move on the water surface.. Controlling the exact depth under the water surface (as with dolphins and whales) is more difficult and requires settings of properties in the u30-u40 range in section 1. I do not fully understand these, so I just copied settings from existing effects.

xannepan

I have actually managed to create some nice looking sheep. I am really happy with the result, as creating the animal animation was not easy :P

jmyers2043

Quote from: xannepan on February 11, 2013, 05:49:26 AM
... I have actually managed to create some nice looking sheep...

Time to make some new farms!  &hlp

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

noahclem

Serkanner

I find the sheep a bit meeeeeeh  :P

Terring7

Very nice :) :thumbsup:
I wonder if this technique can be used for vehicles as well, like having helicopters and spacecrafts flying around the city &Thk/(
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

jeckyll

I wonder what will be next?  ;)

xannepan

Pigs are next.. actually already on the LEX.
I'm getting handy at this... created the pigs and had dinner (pork actually) in between this and my last post :P

Still difficult though... I have to keep the polycount low and the models are small... so there is very little margin for playing with details and textures. So, chickens are out of the question.

Terring7: sure you noticed the planes and helicopters in the game? They also make are controlled by the effect dir.

NCGAIO

Quote from: xannepan on February 10, 2013, 06:58:09 AM

You referred to this image on SC4 old - OLD SC4 Freight Train

But what happens after the updates it became random besides the fact that he was only available on freight trains.

Currently it is easier to see on this image as UDI - smoke train UDI

Being an used effect on the moving subject as well like Track condensation for  aircraft would be interesting to understand the operation.

Many things sometimes go unnoticed as the moving wheels of the steam locomotive but bring realism to those who like the details.

Quote from: xannepan on February 11, 2013, 10:41:33 AM

Still difficult though... I have to keep the polycount low and the models are small... so there is very little margin for playing with details and textures. So, chickens are out of the question.

How are within the range of 200 as the majority of Maxis and perfectly acceptable although I do not think they have thought of populating land with these models in quantity in those days

As I have suggested before  think it would be much  interesting if you create a new thread to discuss aspects of animation where all stakeholders could collaborate without the material stay dispersed among posts on  its thread  creation.

Much about the creation of effdir effects and  this new technique of import animated 3DS could be enhanced and spread it to new creators and so the SC4 also gain a greater visual appeal in the style of the new game that is being released...so what do you think?

NOTE: Read the PM for some details about their new S3D animals

FrankU

The sheep are great!
But are they to be kept behind the fences?

xannepan

;)

FrankU

Is this an image of your not-yet-finished "fossile terrain mod" or are these dinosaurs actually walking around after they have been dead for 65 million years?  ;D

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

vortext

Finally we can start our cities in prehistoric times!  $%Grinno$%

EDIT: have you thought about a new animations for people? And a people brush perhaps? That could be easy for filling large squares and plazas instead of using Maxis' people props in the LE.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Awesome.. Now that's really something that I've never seen before. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

haha, very nice!! great work  &apls

vester

Quote from: xannepan on February 10, 2013, 06:58:09 AM

Think rivit upload one to STEX.