• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

NCGAIO

Thanks  ... but not exactly this was more about relocate the effect which existed for freight trains. (As pictured)... It is more a discussion about  effects of that the search for a model!

The animation made ​​of polygons by Rivit was a good effort but far from the effect generated by textures .

NCGAIO

Quote from: xannepan on February 12, 2013, 05:58:31 AM
;)

Great ... just the sound it makes him look like a T-Rex through with flu! :D

The "03A0....'  would give a beautiful stegosaurus to keep him company.

Without forgetting the request of noahclem for the mammoth since it is more easy...A nice texture to it if needed. - mamouth

If you have something else in mind this has several side views :thumbsup: 
http://www.geocities.ws/artureptil/

Yild

Quote from: NCGAIO on February 13, 2013, 06:27:11 AM
Quote from: xannepan on February 12, 2013, 05:58:31 AM
;)

The "03A0....'  would give a beautiful stegosaurus to keep him company.

Without forgetting the request of noahclem for the mammoth since it is more easy :thumbsup:

Stop this madness! Why don't you do it by yourself, you have plenty of examples now, so...

I would rather see a "fence" than new animals...

...and "other" repulsors/atractors... thanks mr. X  :-[

ps. my personal favorite... Steerman crop duster... I couldn't resist  :D
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

NCGAIO

Yild..See PM "$Deal"$

andisart

OH MY... Every week I drop by and am utterly gobsmacked each time. I dont think I ever been shocked by a thread so many times in such a short time.

Brilliant work, all I can say.

Only I need to beg you that at some stage you create some sort of tutorial or an extra thread as suggested. This could be the beginning of another new era for SC4 custom content.

mrbisonm

oh my oh my......what are you doing here? Making me go nuts with all that stuff?
This is really a great find and your works are wonderful. I will be a regular here from now on, trying to get a shut eye in between your posts and uploads...... ;)

Thumbs Up, Pal!  :thumbsup:

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

xannepan

Guys, I am getting a bit overloaded with requests and PMs at this moment. There is no way I can keep up... so please understand I cannot answer every PM or request.
I do like all your ideas though :)

About the tutorial. I am still thinking about it, I have taken no decision yet if I will create one. It is a lot of work. Moreover, for the final step matlab is still required as there is no user friendly effect dir editor at this moment (and I will not make one). So at this moment it feels a bit pointless too spend weeks on a tutorial.

There are however plenty of tutorials on the web on uvw unwrapping, bones, rigging and animation (works in gmax, and any version of max, no need for bat4max).

-Alex

NCGAIO

:) Alex ... it is certain that there are many tutorials for rigging and animation  as well as Unwrap and UV Mapping in  Web but they have little use when it comes to create  S3Ds. animated.

Then as fixed or rotational animations do not depend on effdir to appear in the game, I think could share only the method of export and import 3Ds. animated with the community. ;)

Neither needs to be a detailed tutorial but only the concept of importing and arrange the frames in Reader would be enough for many produce all kinds of animation.

That alone could bring for old SC a visual graph busiest, in the style of the new SC that is being released as eg: lifts, machinery and moving charges, real cranes finally a myriad of other things.

Regarding the editor to EffDir think those who realize the effects that it could cause will agree with your position! :thumbsup:

xannepan

No no.. Once you have the uvw unwrapping and rigging done, you create an animation in max. Next step is to convert the animation into frames (this is a 1 line script) then use the export as 3ds in max. Import that file into the reader and you are mostly done. It really is as simple as that. The difficult part is in creating the animation in max (unwrap, rig, animate). That latter part I can write down in a tutorial for sure, but it won't help if you can't unwrap, rig and animate.

HurricaneMod10

Quote from: xannepan on February 05, 2013, 10:42:19 PM
Noah: at this moment I am releasing them one by one as creating each of them is still a lot off work. And I get stressed by having so many unfinished stuff laying around. But a mega pack eventually is certainly possible.

Yild: it is actually something I want to look into. In the effect dir I can set a reference to a repulsor or attractor LUA script.  Don't know exactly how that works yet and also have no idea how accurate the attractors can make effcts follow a certain paths... Perhaps even some prey and predator behavior can be put in, i.e. zebras start running away as soon as a lion appears...

HurricaneMod: your English is really difficult to understand, but I get your point by now... I really can't help you beyond what I have already said that I can share the matlab scripts... But you'd have to try to get and learn to work eith matlab first. I also don't have time to make tutorials / readme or give any explanation to the scripts. Also please note the scripts are helpful but it still requires a lot of manual editing before you can create an effect. All in all it is not easy.

Xannepan: Unfortunately I do not have a matlab on here.

AngryBirdsFan436

Erm, how about a mod that replaces all people to ponies? :P :D Anyway, great work!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

jmyers2043

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 18, 2013, 04:42:21 AM
Erm, how about a mod that replaces all people to ponies? :P :D Anyway, great work!

I'll expand on that idea. A mod for SimMars, SimRoman Empire, SimCowboy   :P :D   
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Aaron Graham

Great work on everything your doing. :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, do you get what kind of ponies? Well if you want to know, I want it to be based on the ponies in the animated TV series My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. If you make one mod that replaces people to ponies, bronies who play SimCity would be proud! :P :D :)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

epicblunder

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 19, 2013, 03:09:27 AM
Well, do you get what kind of ponies? Well if you want to know, I want it to be based on the ponies in the animated TV series My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. If you make one mod that replaces people to ponies, bronies who play SimCity would be proud! :P :D :)

/facepalm  ...is there a barfing emoticon around here?

callagrafx

Quote from: epicblunder on February 19, 2013, 09:03:39 AM
Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 19, 2013, 03:09:27 AM

/facepalm  ...is there a barfing emoticon around here?

We could do with a UK mod that turns cows into horses :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Swordmaster

Quote from: jmyers2043 on February 18, 2013, 06:22:24 AM
Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 18, 2013, 04:42:21 AM

I'll expand on that idea. A mod for SimMars, SimRoman Empire, SimCowboy   :P :D

Not to forget SimScythians and SimRohirrim.

Cheers
Willy

xannepan

Someone asked for crocodiles?

sunv123

Crocs are nice.

Eh, horse meat burgers?.....

Quote from: callagrafx on February 19, 2013, 11:18:13 AM

Ugh.........
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.