• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

mrbisonm

Crocodiles would be nice. Sould be fun to recreate the Nile river or the Bazou or Balou or whatever they call the swamps down there in Louisana in the US.

I don't know what people have against horsemeat btw. It is healthier than beef. Just because some idiot made a "pet" out of it and then said they shouldn't be eaten. Bafff, I love that meat, it reminds me of Moose, dark, lean and tasteful. I buy it all the time. (not for City-slickers)   ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Yild

you didn't even bothered to check LEX... :P

Xann... any news on repulsors/attractors ?  ::)
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

sunv123

Quote from: Yild on February 23, 2013, 09:10:49 AM

I check the site before the LEX. ::)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

mrbisonm

Alex asked a question about crocodiles, so I didn't bother to look at the LEX (I don't go there every 30 minutes)  :P

me

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

NCGAIO

Quote from: xannepan on February 14, 2013, 08:22:20 AM
No no.. Once you have the uvw unwrapping and rigging done, you create an animation in max. Next step is to convert the animation into frames (this is a 1 line script) then use the export as 3ds in max. Import that file into the reader and you are mostly done. It really is as simple as that.

Very good to know that it is that simple ... then neither is necessary to reverse the axes to import or set the same number of frames or etc .... well maybe my reader is different! :)

in time : their hole/raiser lots  go to the LEX?

Xann... any news on repulsors/attractors ?

But why wait, Why do not you do it by yourself ? :thumbsup:

vortext

So I gave all the new fauna a try and in general it's really, really sweet. However I've ran into an odd problem with the birds; they don't show when I use the godmode brush. All I see is dust clouds but no birds. The bird lots, however, work fine as do all other godmode fauna brushes. Any ideas why this is?  &mmm
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

NCGAIO

Probably the settings for visual effects in the game are set for medium and in this case will only appear in batches. Try to apply them in high! :)

vortext

Yep, that was it! Weird though this only effects the bird brushes but it works like a charm now. Thanks!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

HurricaneMod10

I'm not happy with that I can not be able to get the afford with MatLab site. I'm going to working a plans with cyclones (hurricanes) for SimCity 4 in-game later in a near future.

Firstly, I would like to get a MATLAB and then I would be able to get hurricanes with destructive winds systems which involve strong winds, heavy rain and thunder storms by the tropical cyclone events.

Secondly, Tropical Storms can cause power outages with branch blown down, which could cause floods with minimal damage winds. Create a hurricane can be done with any super typhoon in categories, it send a HUGE downpour. That means it rains VERY hard. Some hurricanes may cause floods or land slides with their water is called a 'floodwater' with their massive damaging winds. Tornadoes are one of the best Visual Effect Dir with the full force of hurricanes. Even hurricanes could be able to get their tear with shingle blown off and send it onto the ground. There are branch blown down, power outages, mobile homes damage, no traffic, no sounds, it is very scary indeed with hurricanes at the scripts etc.

xannepan

Just wanted to let you know I am still batting (trying to finish the Dulles airport). Progress is slow due to RL, but also because 3ds max 9 just doesn't work on my new windows-8 computer, so I had to switch to 3ds max 2013 and simfox bat4max.

Any tips on speeding up rendering? I am used to making lots of preview renderings, but it is just so damned slow, that I am wondering I am doing something wrong :P

callagrafx

Quote from: xannepan on March 31, 2013, 09:13:07 AM
Just wanted to let you know I am still batting (trying to finish the Dulles airport). Progress is slow due to RL, but also because 3ds max 9 just doesn't work on my new windows-8 computer, so I had to switch to 3ds max 2013 and simfox bat4max.

Any tips on speeding up rendering? I am used to making lots of preview renderings, but it is just so damned slow, that I am wondering I am doing something wrong :P

Reflectivity slows things down somewhat.... also final gather settings for previews are the same for final render, so try changing the precision to be quite low for the previews.  To reset them back to the proper settings for render, just hit the "day" button.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

NCGAIO

Still seeking 3DS models for jet bridges? :)

ROmeoBOT

Hi!
I need a straight diagonal Paris building, 1x1 diagonal or 1,5 left and right diagonal? There are lots of corner building but it's hard to find straight diagonals? Is there anywhere where I can still download this, don't mind if it is ploppable residentials, its easy to change in the reader.
I can't render a BAT because I'm a BOT.
I got no problems with UI and LUA.

HurricaneMod10

Hi Xannepans,
I was just working on the FreeMat but I can not be able to get the export with m to eff file.  :(
How can I change it the file with the export is look like a m.file to eff. file, many thanks? I have been just working on the script with the FreeMat.

end

effdir.sec(1).entry(i).bright_adj_over_time_rep=fread(fid,1,'uint32'); 74
    effdir.sec(1).entry(i).bright_adj_over_time_rep=fread(fid,1,'uint32'); 74

I don't think about the script with this full stop ";" is look like a (fid,1,'uint32'); 74 or (fid,1,'uint32'); 74; is it right or wrong?

ROmeoBOT

Hello again!
There is a building, cornerRow 14d, that would fit nicely as diagonal, 22,5 m. Anyone has the model and could rotate it 45 deg? It's part of Rue de la Bienfaisance. It might be only 21 m so maybe it should be 5-6% wider. I have some diagonal roads that I would like to line up with these great Paris buildings.

I only need the model, I can lot it myself.
I can't render a BAT because I'm a BOT.
I got no problems with UI and LUA.

xannepan

ROmeoBOT: I don't have the 3ds model for that building anymore.

HurricaneMod10: I do not really understand your question or what you are trying to do. The scripts are not perfect but there should be no problem with reading the main effect dir. Once you have isolated a single effect and edited it so it contains no bugs (!) the writescript should not cause any problems either. I unfortunately cannot provide any support for these scripts.

I have finally decided to uninstall windows-8 and try to get 3dsmax9 to work again. I gave up on 3dsmax2013. SimFox script works fine but the rendering remains so damned slow I became frustrated to work with it. Hopefully I can now render my modular mega (straight and diagonal) runways to go the Dulles airport and air traffic controller effect dir.

HurricaneMod10

Sorry about that English but I'm not very good with that English. Anyway I was just looking for a change it with the files from the export should be like a m to effect files were just like this one of the program is called on this software.

Quote from: xannepan on April 27, 2013, 02:57:20 AM
ROmeoBOT: I don't have the 3ds model for that building anymore.

HurricaneMod10: I do not really understand your question or what you are trying to do. The scripts are not perfect but there should be no problem with reading the main effect dir. Once you have isolated a single effect and edited it so it contains no bugs (!) the writescript should not cause any problems either. I unfortunately cannot provide any support for these scripts.

I have finally decided to uninstall windows-8 and try to get 3dsmax9 to work again. I gave up on 3dsmax2013. SimFox script works fine but the rendering remains so damned slow I became frustrated to work with it. Hopefully I can now render my modular mega (straight and diagonal) runways to go the Dulles airport and air traffic controller effect dir.

xannepan

Winter has returned here... That in combination with some days off work give me some time to BAT a bit. Rendering....

jmdude1

excellent news. i'm looking forward to see what you have been working on.

xannepan

Well.. the fact that winter has return is not really excellent news lol.
Anyway.. let's just say that my new project will require a large city size.... But is builds on something I started some time ago already :)