• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

xannepan

Damn... I did some last minute modding on that piece.. Wished I hadn't now.
I will lock the file for now and fix tomorrow morning.

One more thing. The wall pieces are not created to connect on corners. The idea is that you need a tower (or gate) at a corner (no matter the degree of the corner). I will put it in the readme as I'll have to re-upload anyway.

Thanks for positive comments and for testing.

Girafe

Thanks for the tip with the walls, I just tested to see them but didn't play further with them  ::)

You have LOD bug here I think:

EDIT:

You surely forgot 2 winter props for the lindens  ;) and I get texture problems, is there a dependency for them (for the dependencies, you can use the new feature on the LEX dependency tracker which is really useful for downloaders :) )

City Hall misses too dependencies  ;)

Good job with the medieval set  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Strange there is that texture issue again. You reported one earlier for one of the airport models, if I remember correctly. The texture dat file is included in the Cologne Gr St Martin church. I am using the texture ID range assigned to me, so what you show in the picture shouldn't happen unless some-one else uses my texture ID range.

Can you try to rename the texture dat file by a zzzz_ prefix and move it to the plugins root folder. Just to check if the problem persists.

I just downloaded the gr st martin church and installed in a blank plugins folder, and opened in the lot editor... somehow the winter trees are just there.

I will check the LOD issue... you where the first to notice and I completely overlooked myself sofar.

Thanks!

mgarcia

You recent releases are amazing.  &apls Thank you very much!  Love all of them.   :D

The revisions to the bridges - do we need to remove the old models (deleting them in game also before deleting)?

xannepan

No need to remove the old bridges as long as you follow the installation instructions. You may need to rebuild your already existing bridges I suspect...

I have asked the NAM team to update the versions included in the NAM by the revised models, so hopefully they will be included in the next NAM.

Girafe

I checked the LOT under the LE, and the 2 winter props are missing.

The guilty file for the texture problem is..............   JENXTEXTURES_QS
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Damn... that file became obsolete in the new version of the quais.. which I haven't uploaded yet. I now remember I reused the texture ID without keeping in mind other players would end up with a texture conflict. Can't even remember which of the QS lots uses that texture....

Mmmm.Can't think of an easy way to solve it, as I'd need to re-upload every file from the past two days... And I am uploading like hell since I am dealing with an unstable PC, and lack of time in the next few months.....

Will see what I can do! Thanks for checking Girafe. Really appreciated!

mgarcia

Thanks Xannepan - will continue and install the bridges.   :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

Thanks for all of the great stuff you have uploaded! Christmas came early this year :D  :satisfied:  &apls  :thumbsup:  ;D  &dance 8-)
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

RepublicMaster

Great set of new uploads! The airport set is much appreciated. :thumbsup:

xannepan

Thanks all.
I am a bit frustrated that after so many hours of scrutineering there are still some mistake and dependency issues. I will solve asap.
One issue is a texture ID conflict with the quais de seine. I  have been working on some optimization for those for a long time already, which I will now complete asap.
The new versions will no longer need the TE lots, as I learned how you can build them on the steep river shore tile. I will also see if I can harmonize the tree leaf colors with those of Girafe a bit (mainly a saturation difference).

Still patiently waiting for the airports to be uploaded to the LEX :)

Jack_wilds

just wanted to pop in and give a resounding  :thumbsup:   &apls 

your airports as I REALLY like 'em... especially the traffic control aspect with more and better planes in the sky AND I luvthat it was integrated with Votaire's and Ripplejet's AC airports your just expanding what was great to be even better... I believe U did good by that   :) 

APSMS

Your work is incredible. I have a question, though. I'm trying to install, and your instructions say to place the zz_Enable JENXAIRPORT Dulles.dat file into the appropriate folder (x-Ports; airports; etc.), but I can't find that file. Am I supposed to rename the JENXAIRPORT Dulles.dat file? Or is it somewhere else that I'm not looking?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

xannepan

It shpuld be included in the functional airport 2.2 file and automatically installed in the correct folder. Sorry for the confusion in the readme. Let me know if it works out.

xannepan

Works in progress.

Revised the quais de seine. The color of the trees are now better "compatible" with trees by Girafe. Placement is easier and no longer requires transit enabled lots (which also reduces the number of lots in the menu). Sidewalk texture now changes depending on the sidewalk mod you may have installed. New creations such as river cruiser, house boats, barges.

-Alex

kelis

I think we are using the same barge models  $%Grinno$% anyway your barges looks better  :)

what do you mean about the sidewalk mod ?
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vortext

Love the trees!  :thumbsup:

Since you're reworking the quays: could all of the top pavement be detached from the actual walls?! This way you (or some else) could re-render those bat files with the appropriate sidewalk texture so it extends to the water front (or any other pavement textures for that matter). It'd allow for greater usability imho.

edit: or am I misunderstanding you and is this already the case?  ()what()

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

xannepan

The sidewalks are now indeed independent s3d models with uv texture unwrapped. So the quai sidewalk texture will change automatically to the sidewalk mod texture. No need to re-render.

Kelis, i must have completely overlooked your barges sofar. Otherwise i might not have created the same models once more :P

noahclem

That is absolutely awesome news for my river fronts  :o   All the mentioned changes are huge, perhaps especially the sidewalk mod thing. Just one question though: Any chance at HD renders? (sorry to ask again :'( )

Simcoug

Quote from: xannepan on October 21, 2013, 12:13:00 PM
The sidewalks are now indeed independent s3d models with uv texture unwrapped. So the quai sidewalk texture will change automatically to the sidewalk mod texture. No need to re-render.

That is awesome news!  I'm trying to picture the lotting in my head, and I think I understand what you did, but could give a simple explanation (especially regarding your curved pieces) - maybe other BATers can see how you achieved this and more seawall lots will be developed in the future that are sidewalk mod compatible.   ;D