• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

xannepan

Thx Maarten. Here is another works in progress. Just need to add some details and nightlights

Delecto

shanghai kid

Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

mgarcia

xannepan

It's on the lex already :) (rainy day... so plenty of time for BAT ;)

Next

art128

Parisian station of Line 6, nice!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cmdp123789

Hi! to be honest, fantastic work... Im crazy about every release you make... although, have you ever thought bout doing some generic buildings from london? they are somehow alike to paris buildings... of course not the same, but you know... just a thought... plus, since kelis is doing a recreation of NYC, I decided to move on, and start a new journal of London... maybe you could help me a little??  &apls

vortext

Quote from: cmdp123789 on November 10, 2013, 08:17:32 AM
although, have you ever thought bout doing some generic buildings from london? they are somehow alike to paris buildings... of course not the same, but you know... just a thought...

Seconded!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Uzil

Hi xannepan,

I have a huge problem with one of your last upload :

How avoid this ?  &mmm

cmdp123789

Hello again... I'm having a little problem with the Jupiter mod... 2 actually...

1. Every time I plop it, my game crashes... I have the left hand driving in this particular moment, because of the recreation I mentioned...

2. I can't activate them as cheats neither... Maybe someone can help me?

vortext

1) did you try it with right-hand driving? And if so, does the game crashes as well?!

2) you have to prefix the cheats with the word 'effect'. So for instance, you'd type 'effect jenx_fleecyclouds' for the fleecy clouds.

Also, in the graphic settings clouds need to be enabled, though the weather effects only appears in zoom 1,2 & 3 iirc.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

cmdp123789

Well... actually when I tried it with the Right-hand driving... I could plop it.. but, the effects werent showing.. which is weird, I mean, I would get clouds and stuff... but never actual rain or snow..

es I made sure the clouds were enable... Im gonna go ahead and try the cheats, to see what results out of it.

Thank you! I will stop by later to comment on the actual results.

EDIT= So game crashes... and well... nothing has changed except for the cheats... it works, I was missing the effect... This is so weird..!! I remember that when I had the right driving it worked correctly...

xannepan

For the quais: are you 100% sure you de-installed everything from the previous quai version. The missing trees indicate there may be something left. Can you try the new quais in an empty plugin folder and then try again?

For the weather controller: I am clueless why rhd or lhd should have an influence. I know by know that one of the weather lots (i believe the one without destructive effects) may crash the game for some players. I have a possible solution, but just haven't found the time to upload. The other lot should not CTD though.
Rain and snow should be visible in all zooms, if graphical details are set to high, clouds are one, and hardware rendering is used. Other things you may try is try to turn off shadows. There is a maximum number of particles the game can simulate (note, cars, planes, clouds, raindrops, snowflakes are all based on particle effects), so there may be a possibility that a NAM traffic option (for denser traffic) may be limiting weathter effects for showing. Finally, not also that rainshowers do not cover the entire map, they are local effects, so in closest zoom you may not see it if you are zooming in on a dry area :)

For London: i have no plans there... Sorry

Uzil

Quote from: xannepan on November 13, 2013, 10:19:48 PM
For the quais: are you 100% sure you de-installed everything from the previous quai version. The missing trees indicate there may be something left. Can you try the new quais in an empty plugin folder and then try again?

It's working fine with a clean plugins folder.
I am good to make a good cleaning in my folder  :-[

NCGAIO

" There is a maximum number of particles the game can simulate :thumbsup: (cars, planes, ..... are all based on particle effects &mmm ")

%confuso Just out of curiosity ... where does this information?

xannepan

I can't remember exactly, but the number is defined in one of the game installation files. I think the topic was adressed in this thread some pages back when I was working on the effect dir. I discovered this with one of the earlier effects versions I created when I still simulated each raindrop individuall, and found out that other effects (waterfalls etc) stopped playing. I am not 100 % completely sure if the maximum also holds for non effect dir automata (ie cars on road).

N1_2888

Are there any plans for creating new Parisian W2Ws? I think, some years ago I've already moaned about the lack of small ones (i.e. 1x1 tiles). :D I just ask this question because I'm currently working on such a building, which, however, will only ease, but not remedy the deficiency. &mmm

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

gn_leugim

Hey Xannepan,

I am currently making a new instalment of plugins  on my computer and I got your V2.2 Funcional Airports, but, unlike the Version 2.1, where I would see all airports, in your case I can only see the maxis ones, and the two you released (JFK and Dulles). all others, like SG's Helliport and so on, are missing, even with the "u dont deserve it " cheat.

I have all dependencies installed. I am also installing this on a different folder than MyDocs, having a new SC4 shortcut assigned to it. can it be the cause?

xannepan

I have heard the same from some other players, and I am a bit puzzled. Can you try to move the enabler dat files to the x-ports\airport folders and let me know if that solves your problem?

gn_leugim

They are already there, as you can see in the image attached.

Also, I tried to install V2.1 on my old plugin folder, the one still at the Docs folder, and the same thing happens.

Carlos