• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

M4346

Not only is this an incredible model with amazing detail and breathtaking beauty, but it is also an incredibly useful and versatile creation with its very generous custom foundation allowing for immense flexibility!

I applaud and thank you!  :thumbsup:  &apls &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

xannepan

Thanks you all for the support and motivating comments.
I'm really happy with 3dsmax... rendering is so much easier and the possbilities for making beautifull models are worth the investment. Like Antwerp cathedral, I'll try to re-style Roermond Munsterchurch... my first ever model.. as well as the Maastricht and Cologne churches.

I'm still not sure how to work on the lot for the Antwerp cathedral. I want to keep it as simple as possible, just like the real thing, but in the back side the building is a bit smaller and there is a lot off open LOT space, I need to do something with. In Antwerp at the backside there is a small garden that is surrounded by buildings..
I'm currently looking into the gardens at the backside of the Reims cathedral as an example...
Any suggestions?

Badsim

Personally , as this masterpiece will be inevitably the highest touristic attraction of any city , I would create a "Souvenirs" market , using gascooker's props ....under Porkissimo's seasonal trees ...

It took me a long time to post something there , you're an alive legend ... I would not have bet about a come back . More talented than ever . &dd

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Andreas

Here's an in-game shot:

Just like the real thing - amazing!  &apls
Andreas

tag_one

It's really a masterpiece! I hope you'll stay batting for a long time, your work is really good and a great addition to every city  :)

xannepan

Okay guys&girls. Antwerp Cathedral is ready. I've released at Beta version for testing at the BSC private LEX.

Here are some ingame screenshots.

The backside contains a garden, modelled as a seperate prop, which can e removed from the LOT if you'd wish to do so.

rooker1

That is absolutley beautiful.  Awesome work.  I don't know what else to say..... :o

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kwakelaar

I think the first release of this was already fantastic, now new and improved again a true beauty.
And I am very happy the garden is a prop

Andreas

The four tombstones look a bit out of place, but WOW, what a magnificient building!  :o  If I wouldn't know better, I'd say the night shot is an actual photo...
Andreas

mattb325

Quote from: Andreas on November 21, 2007, 04:26:37 PM
....WOW, what a magnificient building!  :o  If I wouldn't know better, I'd say the night shot is an actual photo...

Couldn't agree more - this is magnificent!!!!

Emperor Stormont

OMG That is truly stunning work, congratulations on finishing such a fine building.

I look forward to using it.  &apls  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Adept2Rock

Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

xannepan

Thanks you. Andreas: yes the tomb stones are a glitch remianing from an experiment in the lot editor. I have noticed another glicht with the garden property, which does not merge well with the cathedral LOD although there is not overlap in the design in max... ONly way to solve it is probably not to work with separate garden prop but to include it in the model. I can release the rendered model wihout with garden anyway. We'll see.

xannepan

While finalizing the Cathedral here is a preview of Gare du Nord revisited. Looks much better in 3dsmax. Just wait until I'm ready to post some close-ups. This time I will not include the bus station nor the rendered sidewalks. Wrt the previous model I have excluded the fourth tower in the right back side. The right roof now resembles the real station. I used google-earth screenshots for the roof texture, which - after some processing - look stunning. I'll not include the modern expansion of the station so I had to improvise for the right side wall. I used the only picture (attached) I could find from the early days of the station for inspiration. If anyone has pictures of the right back side, or of the tracks during the early years of the station I'd appreciate it if you could share. I'm also desperatetly looking for detailed pictures of the roof junk. (I already did an extensive search on the internet, flickr etc but could not find good material).

A technical question concerns the strange lighting problem at the backside to the tracks. Any suggestions?

About the size of the station. I cannot play with the width of the station since I'm bound to the 16m width of the railroads in the game. Currently everything fits and blends in nice with the size of Porkie's and my own Paris buildings. However, in reality the station (building as well as tracks) are longer than the current 3dsmax model. My proposal is to keep the length dimensions as is. But I'm open for suggestions.
Another issue is that I'm strugling how to fill up the empty spaces that wil remain in the left back side.
Finally in the previous version I did not model the glass parts in the roofs. I left it open instead, so you could see some of the things that were happening inside the station building in the game. My plans are currently to model the glass roof anyway. You'll get a sense of transparence but no real-transparency in the game off course, unless anyone knows how to make real-transparent glass.

Alex

xannepan

the right side wall

rooker1

The original looks incredible, and this looks even better.  What an amazing job you doing with redoing your stuff.  I'll rip apart my city to make this fit in place of your original one.   ;)

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

xannepan

and one more...

Revol

stunning work! I didn't think you could improve on what is already one of the masterpiece BATs &apls

Krio

DebussyMan

Awesome indeed.

About the transparency. There is a way to make real game transparent things by editing fsh files. I don't know how, but there are may people here that have investigated on the subject.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0