• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DAMN Development Thread (formerly known as "Custom Submenus")

Started by daeley, November 12, 2007, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

You are a god Daeley, you think of everything, Even more awesomeifiying  :o  :o :o

Greatest Invention since the wheel, brick and everything else. &apls

City Builder

Hmmmm, I thought that was for a help dialogue, great to find out it's not
1 Print 'searchstring';
2 if $searchstring > " " goto 94 else goto 3;
3 print 'item not found' goto 2;
4 end;
94 goto 2;
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

JoeST

.... I doubt the use of goto will be implemented... and you have a useless else, and maybe some other things

but yeah, its not a help dialog  :P

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jaxom101

Any new word on this yet? Its been awhile now with nothing said.

Diggis

Yeah, we are slowly adding sets into this so that we can release it.  Daeley is unavailable at the moment and we have a few bugs to iron out.

FrankU

Sounds good!

....... waiting patiently, tapping my foot......

daeley

Ok, so this is a bit earlier in the development then we would've liked as there still are some bugs unfixed, but we (Diggis and me, most work by Diggis actually) both have so few time that we're going to throw out some files for preliminary beta (or alpha?) testing.

in the following zip [click here] are the following files:
customMenu.dat
BSC Forest Tracks beta.dat
BSC Goobers Canals Base Set.dat
BSC Park Trails beta.dat
JRJ Modular Zoo.dat
SNM Health and Safety.dat
SNM Utilities.dat

the first is the base file needed to display custom menus, the rest are the menu button definitions for several sets of lots. Keep in mind that these are only the button definitions and do NOT CONTAIN ANY LOTS, if you don't have these sets, you will need to download them from LEX (or remove them from your plugins or just don't use those menus). Menu buttons from lots you don't have won't crash the system, but you obviously won't be able to select them even though they appear in the menu.

I will be releasing a development kit "soon", once I get a few bug removed there too...
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

DeatzoSeol

w00t! :thumbsup:
*seems* to work fine ...

edit: i think this is some kind of bug: the browser loses its focus when you click the text instead of the arrow ... weird ...
also, all entries are duplicated ... some BSC Paths won't plop (the 1x1 narrow with bench - probly added wrongly), others however will. You can also only plop one, and then you'll need to restart the browser (luckily it remembers its last position)...

SC4BOY

Is there a problem with the web site? I get no connection .. perhaps its only up during certain hours?

RippleJet

Quote from: SC4BOY on May 08, 2008, 06:21:22 AM
Is there a problem with the web site? I get no connection .. perhaps its only up during certain hours?

I have no problems accessing or downloading...

gn_leugim

i can't plop anything, but besides that, its gorgeous

Pat

I was able to download no problem... I will be testing now wooot!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

HandsOn

Quote from: daeley on May 08, 2008, 05:56:09 AM
Keep in mind that these are only the button definitions and do NOT CONTAIN ANY LOTS, if you don't have these sets, you will need to download them from LEX (or remove them from your plugins or just don't use those menus). Menu buttons from lots you don't have won't crash the system, but you obviously won't be able to select them even though they appear in the menu.
This definitely qualifies as the best news I've had since I accidentally stumbled on the STEX a few years back and restarted my SC4 playing!  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls
Havent't tested it yet but will do so immediately.
One small query, though: in the absence of a search function the LEX (and I've lost my faith in the STEX recently): could you provide links for the following, please:
JRJ Modular Zoo.dat
SNM Utilities.dat

I never even heard of these, and except for JRJ being presumably Jeronji, I would not know where to look..  ()what()

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

bat

It works on my city, too! Great work there so far on it!! :thumbsup:

Rayden

Quote from: HandsOn on May 08, 2008, 07:55:08 AM
This definitely qualifies as the best news I've had since I accidentally stumbled on the STEX a few years back and restarted my SC4 playing!  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls
Havent't tested it yet but will do so immediately.
One small query, though: in the absence of a search function the LEX (and I've lost my faith in the STEX recently): could you provide links for the following, please:
JRJ Modular Zoo.dat
SNM Utilities.dat

I never even heard of these, and except for JRJ being presumably Jeronji, I would not know where to look..  ()what()

Please use the Power Search on the top menu or the quick search on the left bar. You will find that, despite there is no search by lot name, you will find several other searching options.  ;)

daeley

this one's for the zoo: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=414
the SNM ones are spread over several downloads, just look for "SNM" on the LEX
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

JoeST

Thankyou so very very much Daeley, you sir are a supreme person :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

HandsOn

Quote from: daeley on May 08, 2008, 08:03:34 AM
this one's for the zoo: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=414
the SNM ones are spread over several downloads, just look for "SNM" on the LEX
Thanks.

My immediate trials had me baffled for a moment (I tend to ignore the message window for a while in an established city), but then I noticed and successfully used it on the custom trails. Great idea. Now my question: would it be possible to later the size of the messaging window? Alternatively, would it make sense, as the submenu's grow, to use custom UI based on, let's say, a commonly used lot?
Finally, because I had already DAT-packed my entire folder only moments before, the originals of the menu icons were, of course, still in place. But I presume they will disappear next time I pack the menu, too?!

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

catty

Thank You Daeley and Diggis  &hlp have downloaded the file and as I am home for the next three days will be testing it out

a good excuse to be playing SimCity instead of RL things :D

I'll let you know the results in a couple of days

And much appreciate your hard work with this  &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Pat

OK Did I screw something up here cause I thought this was supposed to remove the lots from the menu and be in this... IE jeronij's zoo is still in my rewards.... Other then that the program works wonderful and is looking fantastic!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie