• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DAMN Development Thread (formerly known as "Custom Submenus")

Started by daeley, November 12, 2007, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Yeah! That would be a great leap for the SC4 community!

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

CasperVg

After almost 10 months of development it's finally almost there! I can't wait!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

daeley

after a long wait, the DAMN files are out!

when downloading, don't forget to read the DAMN readme ;)
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

JoeST

YAY, thankyou very much Daeley :) you did a great job when creating this, as groundbreaking a change to the game as Davids or Adams

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CasperVg

I think it might be time to update your signature Daeley. I'm so glad that this has been finally released  :thumbsup:

bwatterud

Would there be any way for there to be a zip file installation (Mac version)?

Jonathan

Awesome it's finally released, I'd get back to making sets but I've got a lot of other stuff to do at the moment.

I don't think it will work on a Mac because you haven't to run a .cmd file, which I don't think you can do on Mac. So there is either some Mac alternative or you'll have to manually add new sets to the index in your equivalent of notepad.

daeley

there's probably a similar way to do it on a Mac with runnable script, but I don't know squat about Mac's...

if you know anyone who could write that script, please pass it on
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

JoeST

Daeley: so no chance of a program for creating a (simplified) DAMN set from a file? I would try but my attempts at file reading have failed and I don't yet know a suitable programming language.

also some help with the projects wiki article would be greatly appreciated:) (ie do we have permission to upload and use pictures and copy text for use?)`

Joe

toxicpiano

Quote from: daeley on September 14, 2008, 11:42:55 AM
there's probably a similar way to do it on a Mac with runnable script, but I don't know squat about Mac's...

if you know anyone who could write that script, please pass it on
probably automator, but I don't know anything about it. There's someone who posted on ST in the mac section about using automator as a substitute for cleanitol.
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

bwatterud

City Builder

For the life of me i can't get it to bring up any example mods that Im 99.9% are installed.  Im running Windows Vista and perhaps it has something to do with that.  I noted that most of the folder structure was created as "read only" and both Authenticated users and Users didn't have full control of the folders that were created which I don't think matters since I am administrator on my computer.  I changed them to get rid of the read only attribute and gave permission to all users but the home menu just comes up without any items, clicking on each letter in the help menu and then ok, doesn't bring any menus up in the new mod menu manager either.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

CasperVg

Indeed, I'm having exactly the same issue as City Builder  &mmm

Diggis

Have you run the indexer file?  And do you use the Startup manager.  I won't tell you the number of times I couldn't find the files cos I ran the startup manager and forgot to tell it to load those folders.

daeley

you should make absolutely sure that the files are installed to your SC4 installation plugins, usually C:\Program Files\Simcity 4\Plugins\DAMN. If you changed the install path to your my documents plugins, the mod will NOT work.

@Joe, you do not need to be a modding expert to create DAMN sets. All you need is some basic knowledge of the reader and excel.
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

City Builder

Mine are installed at D:\Vista Games\Simcity 4 Deluxe\Plugins\DAMN\
Since that is where my Simcity 4 is installed.  My Documents folder is moved for one of the other mods to work properly (to get the U out of the path name) and now resides at F:\Docs\

So Im guessing that this will not work with my game then huh?

I don't use startup manager and it's not installed on this computer.  I did run the indexer cmd file again but still nothing shows up in the menu manager pages anywhere.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!

Diggis

There should be no reason it won't work, as the game plugins is there.  Can you open the support folder and attach the indexer script text file up here for us?

City Builder

Quote from: Diggis on September 15, 2008, 02:37:20 AM
There should be no reason it won't work, as the game plugins is there.  Can you open the support folder and attach the indexer script text file up here for us?

Here ya go:

JoeST

Daeley: yeah I know, its not hart do make a set, I am just lazy :D

Joe