• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DAMN Development Thread (formerly known as "Custom Submenus")

Started by daeley, November 12, 2007, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Meastro444

QuoteWhere is the icon you click to open the game, is it in a dock or if you have Vista in the games explorer? Because it must be in normal explorer and when you right click it and go to properties, the Start in value must be the ...\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity folder (Sometimes shows up as C:\PROGRA~1\Maxis\SIMCIT~1\)
what is a dock?
the starter value of the shortcut is: "D:\Games\Simulation\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps"
i have the SC4 shortcut in a folder named games, if that matters.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Jonathan

A dock is somethign that (generally) attaches to the edge of the desktop or screen and is like the Quicklaunch.
Like this and this

Anyway you need to remove the \Apps from the end of the path and then it will work.

Jonathan

Meastro444

Ok, thank you Einstein Jr. ;) It works now.

Daeley, I would suggest putting that in the readme, because it installed this way on my pc.

j-dub

WHAT!? what is this computer talk doing here in this DAMN thread about another piece of Apple ending up in Windows with this dock thing!? That aside, I never say a word here, but after someone else mentioned it, I also think a DAMN should be given about NAM. Don't exactly know how this would be incorporated, since it would be divided alot with all the features. Daeley its great to hear you try to make a change instead of the TAB ring. Maybe accessing puzzle pieces would be easier and alot quicker this way.

buddybud

wow...i forgot about this thread...tricky name change...lol

I have yet to try this out but it looks like a vast improvement over the mml method. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanx Daeley and all others involved.

daeley

I have succeeded in adding network items (aka puzzle pieces) to the DAMN with minor modifications to the DAMN code. I will update the DAMN download once we have made some categories for the NAM.
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

JoeST

is that tabrings or individual pieces or something else?

btw, AWESOME!!!!

Joe

daeley

any piece, including those anywhere on a TAB-ring

Now we have to divide all existing pieces in subcategories of 6-7 pieces, create according icons and labels, and put those in a DAMN script. This will probably take some time though :)

edit: volunteers to make some icons are greatly appreciated :)
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Jonathan

Sounds cool, what does SSP stand for?

Very nice tool, there are a few translation problems (not your fault though) could you provide details on how to translate it?
Also In the DAMN creator when you add a file, what does 002 mean in the exem and png column?

One other thing I think I got bug where I couldn't get past step 3, but I haven't got it again after restarting the program, maybe I just clicked the wrong button.

Otherwise extremely useful and clever! And you deserve a Karma point

Jonathan

daeley

I've tried this and it works great! Whole sets of lots can be DAMNed with just a few clicks :D
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Diggis

Quote from: Warrior on January 13, 2009, 08:49:55 AM

Otherwise extremely useful and clever! And you deserve a Karma point

Granted. 

I haven't had the chance to try this out yet, but have a couple of sets to test it on so will try this week sometime.  But a huge thanks in advance!

Meastro444

Found a bug:

Whenever I click a dat to make a DAMN file from, it selects S3D's as well as the FSH's. It shouldn't do that, it makes the filelist unnecessary long.

Regards

Meastro444

JoeST

A bit of a special case here... but still. I am on Linux (Fedora 10,  latest Java) and it hangs as soon as you press any buttons (even the exit x in the top corner :o) using the command java -jar [filename]

Also how would I go about getting the source without using cvs?

(Oh and maybe you should create a support thread in the tools section of the forum?)

Joe

Jonathan

I tryed it, I like the sytem look better btw,
but now when i add files it seems to add all the exemplars with icons, and then twice that without, so you get it 3 times the amount of items than you should. Also what happened to that nice view lot feature, now it only shows the icon (which doesn't work properly).

I think the first one was better personally, but keep going because this tool is great! :thumbsup:

Jonathan

Stefan79

!! ATTENTION !!

Hi together,

for further support of SSPTool, I have opened a new thread:
SimCity 4 Devotion Tools - Other Tools - SSPTool

Please post anything about SSPTool there, so this thread stays clean for DAMN.

Regards
Stefan

UPDATE: Moved every message from me to this new Thread
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

dragonshardz

uhm, Stefan, why not just combine the posts (replies to JoeST and Warrior + announcement) into one big post?

Stefan79

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 17, 2009, 05:59:17 PM
uhm, Stefan, why not just combine the posts (replies to JoeST and Warrior + announcement) into one big post?

Moved every message about SSPTool to one post in my thread and delete them here.
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

dragonshardz

daeley

Hear Hear!

These DAMN Development Kit released on the LEX is officially deprecated!

When you want to create DAMN plugins, you can now do this in a few clicks with SSPTool by Stefan79 - more details here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6818.0

If you are wearing out your mouse with continuous scrolling, please consider creating a DAMN to help yourself and the community!
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!