• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DAMN Development Thread (formerly known as "Custom Submenus")

Started by daeley, November 12, 2007, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC4BOY

I am new to the DAMN/SSP Tool thing. I have put it off for a long time (years) due to what appeared to me to be a lot of "dynamics" in it... I will say I am VERY IMPRESSED by all the work. Kudo's to all!

I have an odd request and am not at all sure this is the place to post it, but I figured if not someone would send me to the right place. My problem to a personal vision problem where seeing things against a WHITE background is very difficult to read. I wondered if there is a way without serious programming talent to change the DAMN menu display window to a "graph-paper green" background? Any thoughts would be appreciated.. :) Thanks.

Grneyes

I just installed DAMN and have a question. Some things still show up in my Parks Menu, isn't the DAMN supposed to remove those things, like SimGoober's brick canals (which are in the DAMN)?

Rady

You just need to delete the "Lot Resource Indicator" key of these lots using Ilive's reader to make them disappear from the SC4 menu. However, it's strongly advised to make a copy of that LOT prior to modifying it ...

(I prefer to use the "folder" way of disabling them -  there's a folder calles "zzz_DAMN_remove" in my plugins directory that holds a modified copy of each of the lots I've DAMNed with just the Lot Resource Indicator missing. Tis folder is to load at last).
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

cvds

Hello all,

I was playing with DAMN today on linux (with wine of cource). Now I was not able to find any resource on how to get this working under linux so I will post my exploits here.

My original post is on simtropolis which includes the explanation:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/46607-rtmt-addon-pack-v360-install/page__view__findpost__p__1228271

Basically all I did was replace the indexer script to its linux variant like so:

find . -type f | sed -e "s|\\.\(.*\)|`pwd`\1|" -e "s|.*drive_c\(.*\)|c:\1|" -e "s|\\/|\\\\|g" > ../Support/DAMN-index.txt

Things of note:
1) I run this command inside the root folder
2) I am not responsible if you wreck your sc4 installation

c0pr4x

Hello,

I would like to know where i can found a tutorial for the Damn Menu. I download all the thing.. but it won't work... and i don't know why..

NCGAIO

:thumbsup:   A full tutorial can be downloaded at the link below of the Simpeg4

http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=articles; cat = 7

They will be in the title - Tutorials - Custom Development

.                                         Sub Categories: DAMN Those Full Menus

"$Deal"$  But first it is necessary to register. If you have not already joined it can be done at this link

http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=register

c0pr4x

Yild

Hello

I have a problem with DAMN and NAM elements.

I added NAM to DAMN menu and when I try to plop element all I get is red cursor. Other lots work ok.

I found that others had problems with some flora mods (Pasture Flora) but I have checked them (installed) at my current sc4 installation and they are working fine.

Things that i have checked:

I had only NAM folder in plugins dir whene i was doing tests,
I deleted (moved) all entries in DAMN root dir, and added NAM again with reindexing.

But still after selecting element from menu and moving cursor outside DAMN window it becomes red.

Any idea ? is NAM working with DAMN ?
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

io_bg

Sorry for writing in this old thread but I've a problem using the DAMN... I already had it a while ago (probably 2-3 years ago) but can't find the solution which was given to me by Diggis. Anyway, here's the problem - I install the mod (in the proper place of course) but, apart from the pop-up not showing up, the menu box stays empty (except the navigation controls). I ran the indexer exe just in case but that didn't help. Any ideas what's wrong? Here's a pic in case it's needed:

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ivo_su

In fact, yesterday I installed this program and DAMN I faced the exact same situation. I really do not know how to proceed further. I even downloaded and DAMN manager but alas for now there is no progress. I'd love for some clarification.

z

Have you people modified the "Start in" field of your main SC4 shortcut to be the Apps subfolder, and not the main SC4 folder?

ivo_su

Steve I just run the game from the Apps, not a shortcut but it does not change anything. My problem is still on the agenda.

io_bg

Quote from: z on November 16, 2012, 12:43:08 PM
Have you people modified the "Start in" field of your main SC4 shortcut to be the Apps subfolder, and not the main SC4 folder?
Didn't know the solution could be so simple. It works now, thanks!
One more question though - how do I make the menus show in pop-up windows instead of using the advisor's menu or the news feed? This makes navigation harder.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ivo_su

Thanks io_bg I discovered how to fix this bug. I really only had to delete / Apps from my shortcut and now everything is fine.
I do have one question. I have two folders with plugins, one is located in My Documents and the other is in D: \ GAMES \ Sim \ Plugins. The problem is that when I open DAMN manager I see only lots that are in C: \ Users \ Super Ivo \ Desktop \ Documents \ SimCity 4 \ Plugins.
How can I do so that the handle and the other lots.

markussaage

Hi,

I have a little prob here... :) some of my plugins a still showing up in the game menus. They appear also in the damn menus. I've tried the hint above deleting the Lot Resource Indicator, but I can not find it...
It is not the same as the Lot Resource Key, right? So, does anybody know the exact line I have to delete in the Reader? Thanks in advance!

And Merry X-Mas!

Yild

Yes Lot Resource Key is property that you search...
but there is no need to modify anything... use this  ;D

Edit: for flora 'lots' property name is "Item Button ID"

z

Quote from: markussaage on December 22, 2012, 09:51:24 PM
I've tried the hint above deleting the Lot Resource Indicator, but I can not find it...
It is not the same as the Lot Resource Key, right?

It is.

markussaage

Hi guys,

thanks for your help. I deleted the Lot Resource Key in Reader in one unhided lot and I got a CtD, when I started
the game...  :'(
So I've tried the new DAMN Manager and everything works fine now...   :thumbsup:
Great tool...  &apls

Thanks a lot and merry christmas!

Yild

Quote from: markussaage on December 23, 2012, 10:52:00 PM
Hi guys,

thanks for your help. I deleted the Lot Resource Key in Reader in one unhided lot and I got a CtD, when I started
the game...  :'(
There are sometime problems with reader when saving files - more to read in ilive reader support thread.

Quote from: markussaage on December 23, 2012, 10:52:00 PM
Great tool...  &apls

Thanks a lot and merry christmas!

Thanks and thanks... and mc to you to  :D

powerpill-pacman

I installed the Damn Menus yesterday and already deleted apps from my shortcut, but still nothing but the navigation keys when i open up the DAMN menu.
I'm running SC4 on Win7.