• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DebussyMan Showcase

Started by DebussyMan, January 31, 2007, 09:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamgoingtoeatyou

Well, you know what we're all going to say :P

&apls

Emperor Stormont

Will this be with the new glass dome or the original version??

Either way it will look stunning as always  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

N1_2888

Quote from: iamgoingtoeatyou on June 04, 2008, 06:53:31 PM
Well, you know what we're all going to say :P

Or what we are going to do? ;D

He is back!!!

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

SimFox

Great and intriguing project... what dome would it be? I would personally go for the Foster's one - but that might be more challenging, though more (IMHO) interesting result.

May I ask, do you model the large blocks at the "podium" of the building? or is it sort of displacement?

Une_ame

Pouah, that's awefull :bomb:!! How can you &sly!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D, just kidding, but since I don't find the words, I think I will say that I'm speechless :thumbsup:!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

CasperVg

That looks really good! I want it already  :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Schulmanator

This is a VAST improvement over the Maxis one. I am glad you are back and ready to BAT. It will be a great summer thanks to you!  ;D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

N1_2888

Quote from: Schulmanator on June 05, 2008, 04:34:22 PM
This is a VAST improvement over the Maxis one.
Do you refer to the Reichstag building? ??? As far as I know there is no Maxis version of it, just an older quite nice BAT made by "erdmoebel" ...

Adept2Rock

Yeah!You are here!! :P So cool to look after your creations!! ;) So beautiful! ;)
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

Emperor Stormont

QuoteGreat and intriguing project... what dome would it be? I would personally go for the Foster's one - but that might be more challenging, though more (IMHO) interesting result.

I would actually like the original. Either would look fantastic and look stunning, but the original just looks amazing. Shame it was lost.

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

DebussyMan

Thank you for the comments. :)

I don't have any updates for today, but I'll try to render a quick one tomorrow.

Given that erdmoebel has already made the modern version, I decided to go for the old one. I share Emperor Stormont's view as well, the original design was more impressive than the current one, though Norman did a great and very symbolic job with the joining the old and the new elements.

SimFox: thanks for your comment, the bricks of the podium were made with a bump map.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Strechnitz

Wonderful to have you back Debussyman ;D

And a lovely new project. It is great to see that you'll be making the original building. The original dome was heralded as a masterpiece of engineering in the 1890's. mind you it was made of steel and glass and not of cast iron as many people tend to think.

Do you have sufficient material to work with Debussyman? I have a nice picture of the pre-war building if you like to have it. and also just as an extra, I can send you pictures of some of the designs that did not make it in the architecture contest for the reichstag in 1882. some designs are simply stunning! so please let me know :)

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

M4346

Wikipedia is your friend... :P

Pity about not doing the Foster dome though... but I'm more than happy either which way!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Emperor Stormont

OMG Hubert is alive  :thumbsup:

Anyway, I love your re-creating the original, it does looks absolutely stunning.

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

DebussyMan

A little half update  $%Grinno$% (still missing many details)

Strech: Thanks, I've got plenty of material, but one can never have too many pictures, so bring them on  :P
I've seen a couple of other designs. I specially liked Scott's neogothic one, but it's waay too complicated, I'd rather make Viennas Rathaus instead.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Emperor Stormont

OMG I absolutely love it. The details in that small section are fabulous and I can't wait to see further progression. Lovely work  &apls

(I'm already starting to think of what to use it for lol  :satisfied: )

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

N1_2888

Quote from: DebussyMan on June 10, 2008, 03:54:59 PM
A little half update  $%Grinno$% (still missing many details)

--- picture of a breathtakingly detailed BAT :o ---
(...) , I'd rather make Viennas Rathaus instead.

Do you? ;D A photo that I've taken on May, 21st:

(Click to enlarge.)

Adept2Rock

Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

Strechnitz

That is a very nice pic. the facade is coming along nicely :thumbsup: I'll send them to you soon, I don't have them on this computer.

Quote from: N1_2888 on June 10, 2008, 06:45:26 PM
Do you? ;D A photo that I've taken on May, 21st:

(Click to enlarge.)

Debussy does not mean the actual reichstag in this comparison, but if he had to choose between the Wiener Rathaus and the reichstag design from sir John Gilbert Scot. And I agree with Debussy for choosing the Rathaus over Scots building  ;D  For I am very fond of Gothic, but Scots design is a little excessive, even for my taste :D  just see the pic below. ;)

My favorite design that did not make it in the 1872 architectural contest is the one from Ludwig Bohnstedt. see below. Although this pic does not do it fully justice I'm afraid.

but as you all know Paul Wallot won the contest and his design was built... eventually. He had to make several changes in his design to please some fussy jurymembers. The design that won is the one below. which is quite different from what was built in the end in 1883.   can you spot the differences? ;D

Strech.

Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

Emperor Stormont

I would die to see Scots building BAT'ed, completely excessive and grandiose and well perfect for Atlantis  :D

A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008